Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I think we should trade our 2nd round pick for Anthony Davis.  I mean we might be overpaying a little, but we should take pity on the Pelicans.

Then Burke for Cousins straight up.  Alright, throw in Thornton.  Or does that deplete our guard depth too much?

Well?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Taylor703 said:

So the Kings wouldn't have taken Oubre, Burke, Mahinmi and a first for Boogie?

If we had offered it, probably.

Ernie is the king of bidding against himself.  I think the fact that not even he could be taken to the woodshed by Sacramento is a clear demonstration of their absolute incompetence.  And that the league thinks Cousins is a train wreck.

So apparently, Bird rights go with the trade, but DPE rights do not.  Meaning even if Cousins signs a 5 yr extension with NO, it will be about 30 million less than what he could have signed with Sac.  But NO will still be able to tack on that 5th year.

I still think it's an odd team construct though.  Going super big in the age of small ball.  Memphis 2.0 I guess?  But Holiday is no Conley and Gentry is no Joerger. 

2 minutes ago, Hersh said:

How did DC lose Cousins? That's like saying they lost Durant. 

He wasnt talking about that Cousins 

But seriously Wall isnt leaving here to go play second (or third) fiddle for another team. Hes not that kind of cat. 

Edited by Llevron

6 minutes ago, Hersh said:

How did DC lose Cousins? That's like saying they lost Durant. 

He's talking about Kirk. For the Skins. 

I don't see this trade as that big a deal. Cousins hasn't signed an extension with NO yet. So theoretically, he could still sign here as a free agent to play with Wall. 

Edited by Gamebreaker
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, bearrock said:

Right, referring to Kirk.  I want all three to stay in DC for a long time. 

Good time to be a sports fan in DC. Just hope we can build one of these squads into a winner. They all have potential. 

Just now, MLSKINS said:

Side question, if one had to go, which one would you pick to oust?

Damn. Good question. 

Wizkids have no chance without Wall. So not him. 

Im no Cousins fan, but the Skins may lose out on their top 2 WRs AND OFC in one damn off-season. Kirk kinda runs the show here rather we like it or not. 

Harper.....I dont really know anything about baseball but I know the games are fun as hell. So I choose him. (cop out, i know) 

• Like 1