Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Just now, stevemcqueen1 said:

That used to make me nervous.  Made me worry they had plans of teaming up in LA.  But then I found out George will hit FA a year earlier and the WIzards started playing well.

Wall isnt leaving. Hes gonna be our Wade and recruit a star here to build a superteam.

• Like 3

Nothing would be more hilarious than the Wizards being the team that breaks the DC curse and wins a title with Ernie effing Grunfeld as the GM getting the ring. I mean it would the biggest WTF in the history of professional sports and be a justifying way to end the curse.

• Like 2

It would also be the most unlikely scenario.  The NBA is the most predictable league and the Warriors and Cavs are the overwhelming favorites to be the Finals match up.  If anyone other than Golden State wins this year's championship it would go against everything the NBA has taught us about itself over the past 30 years.  It's really not that far fetched to think the Capitals or Nationals could win a championship this year.

But yeah, it would be friggin awesome if the Wizards were the ones to win a ring.  I would actually much rather have a Wizards championship than a Redskins Superbowl.

I like the team and the fan base better.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

It would also be the most unlikely scenario.  The NBA is the most predictable league and the Warriors and Cavs are the overwhelming favorites to be the Finals match up.  If anyone other than Golden State wins this year's championship it would go against everything the NBA has taught us about itself over the past 30 years.  It's really not that far fetched to think the Capitals or Nationals could win a championship this year.

But yeah, it would be friggin awesome if the Wizards were the ones to win a ring.  I would actually much rather have a Wizards championship than a Redskins Superbowl.

I like the team and the fan base better.

Oh for sure, we aren't winning the title this year and probably not next year. But hey, Durant's deal with Golden State is I believe only for two years. Lets say he wins a ring or two in the Bay Area, sees a rising Wizards team and a declining Lebron in the East, and decides its time to go home and be the hero that delivers D.C. a title.

• Like 1

Great win. 

If this his team only had a bench. Indiana has Monta Ellis to come in. Or Jeff Teague. They have OPTIONS for the bench. Or they can do what they did when Brooks rolls the second unit out there and let George play an extra 45 seconds and get 7 points. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

There is a ginormous drop in quality from the sixth seed to the seventh.  I wish we could get to the two seed, but Boston just won't stop winning.

Ironically, I just said the same thing when I looked at the standings. Would much rather play Detroit or Chicago than Indiana...

Also, I'm not in the rumor mill as much as I used to be, but are there any options available to upgrade the bench?

1 hour ago, Rocky21 said:

Markieff Morris was a MAN last night.  

There was a point in the third quarter I think where he carried the team on his back!

I think he scored our first seven points of the quarter.  And during the fourth he got a couple of timely put backs and made the dagger three.  Him and Gortat won us that game.

• Like 2

I think it's pretty clear the Wizards are now the second best team in the east and made a pretty strong case that they're right there with the Cavs. The issue we're going to run into is the starters bogging down. Something needs to be done about the bench. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

That Markief Morris trade, tho...

He traded a top 15 pick plus players for a guy the Suns couldn't give away. I get that for some reason you like to defend the guy but he's been putrid. He's assembled an expensive bench that's dreadful. John Wall can't even come out of the game because Trey Burke sucks so bad. 

Ernie has spent years pissing away draft choices. The Jan Vesely pick and the Foye/Miller trade should've been reasons alone to fire him and this was after paying Gilbert who was physically shot as a player. It's honestly embarrassing that he's still assembling this team and it shows by how much of a disaster this off-season was. Tons of money spent and no draft choices and no contributions. It's a joke.