Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Certainly not earning his contract. 

That makes ZERO sense. 

It's funny, because I like that player, I just don't know that his game will EVER match up to the level that most Bullets fans think he is right now. 

That dude is solid, he is a good player...he IS NOT and will not be great...unless he chooses to be. 

You got it twisted, I am rooting for the guy. 

Problem is "Max Player" is not equal to "Great" player to me.

I dont think he is constantly great either. Though I think he can be. Its, honestly, the Kirk Cousins argument. If we dont pay him at the position then who do we pay? Ill take Harden and Clay over him right now. Other than that? Who are we picking up at the two who is demonstratively better than him?  

Just like Kirk, Beal is gonna get a max deal regardless of if we give him one or not. If its not going to be us, we need to get better at the position, not worse. Thats really as far as my opinion goes on it. I think it makes sense if you think about it that way @Kosher Ham

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

Certainly not earning his contract. 

That makes ZERO sense. 

It's funny, because I like that player, I just don't know that his game will EVER match up to the level that most Bullets fans think he is right now. 

That dude is solid, he is a good player...he IS NOT and will not be great...unless he chooses to be. 

You got it twisted, I am rooting for the guy. 

Please explain to me, in today's NBA, how Beal is not earning his $? 

You're looking into a crystal ball, and saying some real off the wall ****.  For one, how anyone writes off a 23 year old who has improved each NBA season, is insane.  Two, "unless he chooses to be?"  The heck does that mean?  You insinuating that he's not putting in work?  

It would be one thing if he was trending in the wrong direction, but HE'S HAVING A CAREER YEAR.  I'm not sure how you think he won't keep improving.  LOL. 

Again, you're making little-to-no sense with your stance/argument. 

• Like 1

You think that dude is really putting in work ? Come on man. 

So you still consider him a kid. Hmm...okay. 

That is a grown man capable and yet not willing to put in the work. 

28 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Problem is "Max Player" is not equal to "Great" player to me.

I dont think he is constantly great either. Though I think he can be. Its, honestly, the Kirk Cousins argument. If we dont pay him at the position then who do we pay? Ill take Harden and Clay over him right now. Other than that? Who are we picking up at the two who is demonstratively better than him?  

Just like Kirk, Beal is gonna get a max deal regardless of if we give him one or not. If its not going to be us, we need to get better at the position, not worse. Thats really as far as my opinion goes on it. I think it makes sense if you think about it that way @Kosher Ham

So you agree with me ? 

Pay because there is nothing else ? I refuse to do that and always have. I am willing to get my hands dirty to get someone I feel has potential to that next level. 

That is not the M.O. of most NBA teams ...otherwise...Webber would have won a ring in DC. He was not the problem...

4 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

We had a poll on RealGM 

RealGM has rarely been correct on anything regarding the Wizards. Nor do they represent most of the fan base. 

Beal is a max level player that is only questionable due to his injury history. Has nothing to do with putting work in. 

Edited by Skin'emAlive
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Larry Sanders coming in for a workout.

Go Rams!!!

Interesting.  I liked Sanders.  I think he'd be a good fit.  DC is his kind of city and we could certainly use a defensive player like him in our front court.  We could cut House or Ochefu to open up a spot for him.

I wonder what kind of shape he'd be in though?  He's almost four years removed from his good season and he's been off a roster for over a year.

29 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

You think that dude is really putting in work ? Come on man. 

So you still consider him a kid. Hmm...okay. 

That is a grown man capable and yet not willing to put in the work. 

You realize how moronic your stance is?  It's a classic strawman.  You're questioning his work-ethic with NOTHING to go off of.  I'm gonna call you out right now.  PLEASE post something concrete that alludes to some sort of fact that Beal is not putting in work to be the best he can.  All you're doing, and it's apparent, is refusing to move your stick an inch to concede that "hey, I might be wrong."  You're so steadfast in your stance that it's really coming off as bullheaded. 

Did I call him a kid?  Where?  And if I did, it was probably more along the lines of me being a lot older than him.  He's young.  23.  But I guess in your eyes, his growth as a professional basketball player has already hit the ceiling. 

You don't even need to address anything else that I said....only thing I would love clarification on is what I put in bold.  I just need to know where exactly you're getting this info from. 

"I see ourselves getting to the Eastern Conference Finals," Wall said. "That's our goal."

My group group chat is going off today about this quote. I didnt see it here so i figured i would bring it up. What do you guys think? Video below

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2689573-john-wall-says-wizards-will-make-eastern-conference-finals

I personally don't think its a big deal and when put into context with the rest of what he said, I don't think its a bad thing at all. Its a challenge to the team from their leader, for one. Second, he put it on himself to be locked in as well. I think its leadership, ala The Truth. 

What do yall think? Misplaced bravado and ****iness, or confidence and a challenge? 

For reference I am not worried about any team in the east if our play stays consistent. And yes I include the (reeling) Cavs in that. 

12 minutes ago, Llevron said:

"I see ourselves getting to the Eastern Conference Finals," Wall said. "That's our goal."

My group group chat is going off today about this quote. I didnt see it here so i figured i would bring it up. What do you guys think? Video below

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2689573-john-wall-says-wizards-will-make-eastern-conference-finals

I personally don't think its a big deal and when put into context with the rest of what he said, I don't think its a bad thing at all. Its a challenge to the team from their leader, for one. Second, he put it on himself to be locked in as well. I think its leadership, ala The Truth. 

What do yall think? Misplaced bravado and ****iness, or confidence and a challenge? 

For reference I am not worried about any team in the east if our play stays consistent. And yes I include the (reeling) Cavs in that. 

As it should be.  Good-health willing, this team will be coming for Cleveland's neck.  They're surging right now.  That being said, it doesn't mean I'm not worried.  We're just a major injury away (one of the starters) from falling apart.  If the b-ball gods have any mercy on the DC sports landscape, they'll let this one play out. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bearrock said:

What's he supposed to say?  Our goal is eighth seed and get bounced in first round?  Shouldn't conference final be the least goal of any mid tier playoff team?  He could've said our goal is to win the title and that would be fine by me.  

That is exactly what I said. 

2 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

As it should be.  Good-health willing, this team will be coming for Cleveland's neck.  They're surging right now.  That being said, it doesn't mean I'm not worried.  We're just a major injury away (one of the starters) from falling apart.  If the b-ball gods have any mercy on the DC sports landscape, they'll let this one play out. 

That just seems like so much for us to ask for though! i totally agree with you. 

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Interesting.  I liked Sanders.  I think he'd be a good fit.  DC is his kind of city and we could certainly use a defensive player like him in our front court.  We could cut House or Ochefu to open up a spot for him.

I wonder what kind of shape he'd be in though?  He's almost four years removed from his good season and he's been off a roster for over a year.

Well, he just turned 28 and apparently he's been prepping himself for a few months now.  Tweeted earlier this week that "I miss the game and I think the game misses me".  So...how bad could it be?  

7 minutes ago, bearrock said:

What's he supposed to say?  Our goal is eighth seed and get bounced in first round?  Shouldn't conference final be the least goal of any mid tier playoff team?  He could've said our goal is to win the title and that would be fine by me.  

"Our goal is to have Ernie commit seppuku at mid-court"

#stillunknown

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RonArtest15 said:

You realize how moronic your stance is?  It's a classic strawman.  You're questioning his work-ethic with NOTHING to go off of.  I'm gonna call you out right now.  PLEASE post something concrete that alludes to some sort of fact that Beal is not putting in work to be the best he can.  All you're doing, and it's apparent, is refusing to move your stick an inch to concede that "hey, I might be wrong."  You're so steadfast in your stance that it's really coming off as bullheaded. 

Did I call him a kid?  Where?  And if I did, it was probably more along the lines of me being a lot older than him.  He's young.  23.  But I guess in your eyes, his growth as a professional basketball player has already hit the ceiling. 

You brought up his age initially. I simply explained why a player at his age....should be better if considered a star player of an entire league of players. 

Fans such as yourself make it seems as if he is a child and growing quite nicely...reality is... he is stunted. He is flawed, he is injury prone. 

Again, as I stated before, I like the guy, I like the player. I just wish he would go all out...because if he does that he could be GREAT...if he has...he will NEVER be great. 

I challenge you to post something that really and truly shows he IS indeed putting in the work instead of appeasing the fans of a team that is easily takes on and applauds the likes of Manute Bol and lets players like Webber go for a bag of garbage. 

Edited by Kosher Ham

11 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Not signed in

Not signed in

Not signed in

Image result for put some respek on my name

That's "respeck" with a "k" for those following at home.

5 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I have no issue with Wall stating what the team's goal is. In fact I would have been even happier if he said the goal is to win a championship this year.

You aim as high as possible. What is he supposed to say, I hope we finish .500?

Think I would've preferred him say championship.  If you're gonna say ECF, might as well go all in for all the way, not settling.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Kosher Ham said:

You brought up his age initially. I simply explained why a player at his age....should be better if considered a star player of an entire league of players. 

Fans such as yourself make it seems as if he is a child and growing quite nicely...reality is... he is stunted. He is flawed, he is injury prone. 

Again, as I stated before, I like the guy, I like the player. I just wish he would go all out...because if he does that he could be GREAT...if he has...he will NEVER be great. 

I challenge you to post something that really and truly shows he IS indeed putting in the work instead of appeasing the fans of a team that is easily takes on and applauds the likes of Manute Bol and lets players like Webber go for a bag of garbage. 

Do me a favor, look up how good Steph Curry, Klay Thompson, Demar DeRozan, and Jimmy Butler were at 23. 

Your argument holds ZERO weight.  Absolutely none. 

Also, to show you he is putting in work, these were the first links when looking up Bradley Beal/Work Ethic. 

i6io9c.png

This answers your question...or you can go on Drew Hanlen's IG (linked to make it easy for you) and watch him doing work over the summer if you choose to do so.  It goes on and on.  So, again...

I'm gonna call you out right now.  PLEASE post something concrete that alludes to some sort of fact that Beal is not putting in work to be the best he can. 

Admitting you can't or that you just have a strawman argument will put an end to this nonsense. 

You just seem like a completely casual fan...one that I described a few pages back when offering their scouting "assessment" on Kelly Oubre when he was drafted.  You're showing yourself.  Completely. 

• Like 2

Larry Sander never stuffed the stat sheet and was a fairly good defensive center, briefly... That's not a terribly high water mark from which to subtract 2 years of rust.  Certainly worth working out but I wonder how long it would take him to get back to NBA speed and what he could contribute. 

Just now, Destino said:

Larry Sander never stuffed the stat sheet and was a fairly good defensive center, briefly... That's not a terribly high water mark from which to subtract 2 years of rust.  Certainly worth working out but I wonder how long it would take him to get back to NBA speed and what he could contribute. 

Honestly, I'm worried this is more about Mahinmi then anything else.  Please let me be wrong.

1 minute ago, Destino said:

The team needs some sort of defensive presence in the paint.  Especially considering no one knows what Mahinmi's timetable to return actually is.  Low risk...and high (LOL) reward if it works out. 

• Like 2