Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Australian Rules Football

CoolUsernameHere

We had it on at the bar tonight... Absolutely awesome, I couldn't take my eyes off it... Kinda pissed off my customers though because their drinks were running dry...

Oh well F em, we're open every day, I rarely get to watch this game...

As a spectacle, you would have to look really hard to go past last week, but considering the result, I was able to sit back during the last quarter and let that overwhelming feeling take hold.

Of the 14 Premiership we have, this was by the biggest margin. For it to be against St Kilda couldn't be better.

There are also a lot of little sub stories as well, but I'll get to them at a later date.

This could be the beginning of a dynasty.

Both Sav Rocca (Eagles) and Chris Bryan (Bucs) played for Collingwood at one stage, and Sav's brother, Anthony, tried out for a punting job earlier this year, without success. Interestingly though is that Anthony Rocca is a longer kick than Sav, but Anthony is still learning the finer art of NFL punting.

I've caught some Aussie-Rules football on MHz from time to time. I have a basic grasp of what's going on, and it is entertaining. I find it to be more enjoyable than basketball and soccer.

On a related note, one of the punters that was competing for a roster spot on the Packers, Chris Bryan, was a former Aussie-Rules Football player. After he was cut, he was picked up by the Bucs.

Both Sav Rocca (Eagles) and Chris Bryan (Bucs) played for Collingwood at one stage, and Sav's brother, Anthony, tried out for a punting job earlier this year, without success. Interestingly though is that Anthony Rocca is a longer kick than Sav, but Anthony is still learning the finer art of NFL punting.

I knew there was at least one Aussie punting in the NFL, but I was thinking he was a rugby guy. It just seems that their ability to place punts and to get rid of the ball under pressure would translate well. I guess there are some nuances to football punting that make it not so easy.

I knew there was at least one Aussie punting in the NFL, but I was thinking he was a rugby guy. It just seems that their ability to place punts and to get rid of the ball under pressure would translate well. I guess there are some nuances to football punting that make it not so easy.

I remember during the punting battle between Masthay and Bryan they were talking about Bryan having a couple types of punts in his arsenal depending on the situation because of his Aussie background. I think it was the drop-punt that he had where it gets the ball spinning backwards.

I'd love to choose a team to root for and watch this sport on a regular basis next season. I think espn3.com shows a few games a week. I don't know of any other way I could watch it though.

I don't know how you would go about choosing what team to follow, and there are a couple of Aussie regulars here who all follow different teams. Maybe choose your fave colours, or go with the best record, or the most popular, or the most hated. Whichever team you choose, I'll send you the URL and you can get to know a little more about them.

I don't know how you would go about choosing what team to follow, and there are a couple of Aussie regulars here who all follow different teams. Maybe choose your fave colours, or go with the best record, or the most popular, or the most hated. Whichever team you choose, I'll send you the URL and you can get to know a little more about them.

Haha, yeah, I'm not really sure how to go about choosing a team. All of the professional sports teams I root for just kinda randomly fell upon me.

I don't want to be a bandwagoner and go for Coolingwood or St. Kilda or another team that was super high in the standings this season. I think I wanna pick someone that finished around the middle area.

Haha, yeah, I'm not really sure how to go about choosing a team. All of the professional sports teams I root for just kinda randomly fell upon me.

I don't want to be a bandwagoner and go for Coolingwood or St. Kilda or another team that was super high in the standings this season. I think I wanna pick someone that finished around the middle area.

Here are some questions that could help you make a decision:

1. Do you want to go with a Victorian (Melbourne or around) team or an interstate team? The AFL wasn't the AFL until a few decades ago; before that it was the VFL (several other states had their own leagues). So most teams are Victorian, but the interstate teams are fewer and farther between and have some really passionate supporters.

2. Do you want to go with a team in Aussie-rules heartland (Victoria, South Australia, Western Australia) or a rugby state (New South Wales, Queensland)?

3. Do you want to go with one of the original VFL teams (late 1800s), one of the teams that entered the league in the early 20th century, or a more recent team?

4. Do you want a rich team or a poor team?

Here are some questions that could help you make a decision:

1. Do you want to go with a Victorian (Melbourne or around) team or an interstate team? The AFL wasn't the AFL until a few decades ago; before that it was the VFL (several other states had their own leagues). So most teams are Victorian, but the interstate teams are fewer and farther between and have some really passionate supporters.

2. Do you want to go with a team in Aussie-rules heartland (Victoria, South Australia, Western Australia) or a rugby state (New South Wales, Queensland)?

3. Do you want to go with one of the original VFL teams (late 1800s), one of the teams that entered the league in the early 20th century, or a more recent team?

4. Do you want a rich team or a poor team?

Well, I think it'd be cool to root for a team with a nice history, but it's not incredibly important to me. If the team I chose had a long rich history, I'd probably read up on it.

As for "rich or poor" teams, is this the social class of the fanbase? Because in that case I don't care that much. Maybe something in between?

What I really like in a fanbase is loud and proud (as well as plentiful), but not overly obnoxious and rude.

After doing some research and exploring, I'm kinda interested in Hawthorn, Fremantle and North Melbourne.

By "rich or poor," i meant the actual financial health of the club! :)

Hawthorn and North Melbourne both have great histories. They came into the league in 1925. Hawthorn is an affluent team with some exciting superstars. They won the premiership in 2008 with really young players but have struggled since. North Melbourne struggles financially but was great in the 1990s. It was homeless for a few years (they actually dropped "North Melbourne" and were just the "Kangaroos" for a couple of years before returning to their spiritual home) but is back in town.

Hawthorn is known as the "family team"; North is known for never saying die.

Fremantle (Freo) is the newest AFL team (that will change when Gold Coast comes in next year and Western Sydney the year after). They are the only team never to have won a premiership. They are the smaller team from Perth; the West Coast Eagles have a bigger fan base. Freo supporters are really passionate. They have the worst team song in the entire league by a mile.

By "rich or poor," i meant the actual financial health of the club! :)

Hawthorn and North Melbourne both have great histories. They came into the league in 1925. Hawthorn is an affluent team with some exciting superstars. They won the premiership in 2008 with really young players but have struggled since. North Melbourne struggles financially but was great in the 1990s. It was homeless for a few years (they actually dropped "North Melbourne" and were just the "Kangaroos" for a couple of years before returning to their spiritual home) but is back in town.

Hawthorn is known as the "family team"; North is known for never saying die.

Fremantle (Freo) is the newest AFL team (that will change when Gold Coast comes in next year and Western Sydney the year after). They are the only team never to have won a premiership. They are the smaller team from Perth; the West Coast Eagles have a bigger fan base. Freo supporters are really passionate. They have the worst team song in the entire league by a mile.

Now I'm pretty much deciding between Fremantle and Hawthorn. I dunno what's drawing me to those teams though. Just gut or something.

It sounds like Fremantle has a pretty good group of youngsters that could win a premiership in a few years.

Question: Are lots of AFL games bootleg streamed online?

Archived