Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL Replay - HOU vs. WAS

SlobberknockerSkinsFan

Wow, i have the game on DVR but love watching the NFLN replays because of the player and coaches comments.

I'm really surprised by how many people won't/don't watch replays of the games.

How can you trust your eye after seeing it 1 time?

I guess now i know why i read some of the weird/wrong assessments i see bandied about in this forum at times.

Wow, i have the game on DVR but love watching the NFLN replays because of the player and coaches comments.

I'm really surprised by how many people won't/don't watch replays of the games.

How can you trust your eye after seeing it 1 time?

I guess now i know why i read some of the weird/wrong assessments i see bandied about in this forum at times.

I have no problem going back and watching losses, its just that the way we lost this one. I'm telling you I tried to watch this one as soon as I got home today and by the 2nd play I had to erase it because I saw how good we looked but I knew the outcome.

Just another example of how any number of plays could have ended this game...

27-10 Redskins, 2nd and 12 for the Texans (the play before the 50-yard Foster screen pass)...Schaub rolls out and is sacked for a 3-yard loss from behind by Orakpo. Seemingly a great play to put the Texans in 3rd and 15. However, looking back, you rarely see a sack like that NOT result in a fumble. With the number of defenders around there and with Schaub oblivious to the fact that Rak was about to hit him, I would say that more often than not that play results in a turnover or even a defensive score. If that happens, put a fork in Schaub and the Texans.

Edit: Oh, and the passing stats against us are a lot less gaudy if they don't complete that miracle 4th and 10 Hail Mary TD pass to Johnson. I would bet that play plus the 2 OT drives subtracted from Schaub's total give him roughly 100 fewer passing yards (still, 400ish is a lot, but not record-setting) and one less TD. Plus, our D would have given up a respectable 20 points vs. the Texans through 4 quarters. Watching this again is making me think we'll look back at this game the way we looked back at the 2005 Bucs regular season game...a game we should have won, but didn't close out. Hopefully, we get a shot at revenge just like we did in 2005...though a Super Bowl matchup doesn't seem likely!

Oh well, I am excited to see the passing game again and have some optimism going into week 3!

Archived