Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2 Redskins in the Top 5 for Tackles in ENTIRE NFL

H-O-G

There are 5 players in the top 19.

This lets me know that we are staying on the field to long on defense. We need more 3 & outs. There is no reason that Landry and Doughty should both be tops in the NFL in tackles. Landry ok because he's playing more of a hybrid LB role, but Doughy?? definitely not! On a brighter side, I knew Rocky would look better at MLB.. To me he is the perfect body type and fit for it. He never seemed like a 4-3 OLB like Derek Brooks or Keith Bullock. He always seemed to fit more of the inside role because of his knock for findign the ball carrier and punishing RBs. I'm glad he is being recognized for his athletic ability by the number of tackles he has. He's truly been over the field too

Landry needs to dial it back a bit on the heat seeking missle tackling...

1) I've seen him tackle players when the ball wasnt even close (batted at LOS)

- Did that last week vs Roy Williams

- And again this week forgot against who...

2) His tackling is also hurting his team mates and himself...

Landry has been awesome the pass two games, but he need to refine his tackling

its not a good thing for your defence when a safety leads the league in tackles. im just sayin.

Um...in a 3-4, I'm pretty sure the strong safety gets a lot of tackles. Plus,he's being used as a hybrid sudo-Buck Linebacker so he's going to get a lot of tackles around the line of scrimmage. You're just sayin' to be sayin' LOL! Backs aren't getting to the third level consistently so it's not like he's making a ton of tackles back there. A lot of his tackles have been around the line or at the second level. Don't be sayin just to be sayin' :)

its not a good thing for your defence when a safety leads the league in tackles. im just sayin.

It depends where he's getting the tackles. I'd guess quite a few today may have come a lot more down the field than we'd like, but he's still been playing great ball these first two games. A total turnaround from last year's disastrous season.

I'mma have to disagree. He doesn't have the most tackles because the defense is failing. he has the most because he is running 150% to the ball on every play. That includes tackling his own players very hard to make sure the guy with the ball gets tackled.

Our D is failing, backs are getting to the third level consistently, and they are on the field way to much. Landry is playing very well and should be applauded but a lot of his team mates are not.

Orakpo to this point has been all hype no substance, Carter might as well not even be on the field, London is getting caught up in traffic.

It's a bad scheme fit for who we have running it. Never have been a real believer in Hasslett and he doesn't even typically run a 34 anyway.

Our D is failing, backs are getting to the third level consistently, and they are on the field way to much. Landry is playing very well and should be applauded but a lot of his team mates are not.

This is correct. Although, Landry has been playing up in the box quite often and has been a lot of tackles as if he were an extra linebacker. But there are not a whole lot of guys stepping up.

Orakpo to this point has been all hype no substance

This is wrong. Orakpo has been very good this season. Although you wouldn't know it if you're looking for stats. Rak has been held a number of times, some called, some not as well as stepping up and knocking down a pass near the end of a game to try to help his team hold on.

Carter might as well not even be on the field, London is getting caught up in traffic.

These two are correct. London is doing okay, but he's not the same London we know. You can still tell that his leadership is strong, but as an inside backer in the 3-4 he's struggled. Andre Carter has been virtually MIA so far this season.

Archived