Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2 Redskins in the Top 5 for Tackles in ENTIRE NFL

H-O-G

Um...in a 3-4, I'm pretty sure the strong safety gets a lot of tackles. Plus,he's being used as a hybrid sudo-Buck Linebacker so he's going to get a lot of tackles around the line of scrimmage. You're just sayin' to be sayin' LOL! Backs aren't getting to the third level consistently so it's not like he's making a ton of tackles back there. A lot of his tackles have been around the line or at the second level. Don't be sayin just to be sayin' :)

backs are averaging over 5 yards per carry, so unless Landry is magic his tackles are coming down the field. and its never a good sign when your safety leads the team in tackles, Polamalu doesnt lead the steelers.

I'mma have to disagree. He doesn't have the most tackles because the defense is failing. he has the most because he is running 150% to the ball on every play. That includes tackling his own players very hard to make sure the guy with the ball gets tackled.

You can disagree , but you would be wrong.

1- the high number of tackles is because we cant get off the field.

2- the high number by a safety is because teams are getting past the front 3 and often the front seven, even if Landry is playing in the box a lot I am seeing him tackling receivers a LOT which means they caught the ball.

its not a good thing for your defence when a safety leads the league in tackles. im just sayin.

That is conventional wisdom but Landry is in the backfield A LOT. He's got a couple sacks and a handful of tackles for loss.

He's playing like a man possessed.

We have faced 2 really dangerous offenses and are 1-1, close to 2-0. I don't see the need to freak out about the defense just yet. They've only been on the field in this scheme 100% for 2 games. Lets see how they do against a not so dangerous rams team before we jump ship on them.

I don't think anybody is jumping ship, we're just keeping it real. The defense is making plays, but it is also getting torched. Last week we made more plays, yesterday they made more plays. Yes it has only been 2 games and we all know that the 3-4 is a tough scheme to learn, but when you are on the field, you have to do your best to get the other team off the field with as little success as possible.

It's easy to get that many tackles when your defense can't stop anyone from catching the ball.

He hits people out of bounds (Landry) and will be costing us yards in games. He needs to know where the sideline is located.

They've been useless taps out of bounds too. If you're going to hit someone late like that, at least make it really count.

What? That list is idiotic......

How you put a SAFETY and a LINEBACKER as 2 of the top 5 TACKLES in the league? So what? Take Trent and Jamal out put Laron and Rocky in? Do they even know how to protect a QB?

And how do they even grade these people? Are you telling me that NO offensive lineman can score over a 28? That's asinine...

Not even remotely, ST would break passes up, not tackle a guy after a 25 yard gain and flex.

I wouldn't compare Landry with Taylor, at all. But its not like Landry's tackles are all coming down field. He's made a lot of plays at and around the line of scrimmage including a sack and multiple QB pressures. That said, our line hasn't been playing very well and Kemo has been letting defenders drive him back and into the linebackers. If we want to stick with the 3-4 next year, we need a true NT.

I always see people using green bay as an example of a quick transition to a 3-4, but nobody mentions that they spent a top 10 pick on a nose tackle to anchor their line. That, in my opinion, was the reason their linebackers all turned in great seasons.

its not a good thing for your defence when a safety leads the league in tackles. im just sayin.

i understand your point, but you're neglecting that landry is playing at the line, sometimes closer up than the linebacker.

it's not an indication that people are getting into the secondary too often. although our defense has been less than stellar on that end...

Those stats are just makeup on a pig. Dead last in defense in the NFL the bigger stat that jumps out to me

thats based on yards.

i don't care how many yards people get on us. its points that are measured when the final whistle blows.

They're 12th in touchdowns allowed, 17th in total points allowed.

I'm ok with that. obviously it needs to improve, but it's a far cry from 'but they're last in the league' like you suggest.

again...this is a symptom of our defense being on the field too long. the longer it takes for our defense to get off the field, the more plays they are in for. the more plays they are in for, the more tackles someone from our team makes. if the other team is making some significant gains on defense, then our dbs and safeties are the ones most likely to make the stop. all this adds up into more tackles for LL.

look at that stat. i'm curious. how much does the leading tackler on one of the better defenses (in terms of yards or number of 3 and outs) have? and is he a safety?

Archived