Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jets...QB Fasani Acquired, Retires

The Evil Genius

So a QB would rather retire than play for the Jets?

Wow.

:laugh:

Jets | Fasani Acquired, Retires

Tue, 26 Aug 2003 16:23:36 -0700

Sportsline.com's Jay Glazer reports the New York Jets acquired QB Randy Fasani from the Carolina Panthers in exchange for a conditional late-round pick, but Fasani abruptly retired rather than reporting to the Jets. Therefore, the Jets will not have to forfeit that draft pick

You guys are pretty funny.

If the Jets had traded a pick for Fasani and the very next day he collapsed on the field due to attrocious conditioning - then you'd have something to laugh about. In fact, you'd probably fall off your chair and crack your head open.

Originally posted by Flowtrain

If the Jets had traded a pick for Fasani and the very next day he collapsed on the field due to attrocious conditioning - then you'd have something to laugh about. In fact, you'd probably fall off your chair and crack your head open.

Both events are pretty funny.

Why not pick up Akili Smith? He has experience...Albeit bad experience.

Originally posted by Park City Skins

Wow Flow. My, but did somebody wake up so far on the wrong side of the bed that he fell off it? :D

:cheers:

Give me a break dude. I've been waking up on the wrong side of the bed for the past 3 days - think how my girlfriend feels.

BTW, I thought being from Denver was a conditioning advantage?

Give me a break dude. I've been waking up on the wrong side of the bed for the past 3 days - think how my girlfriend feels.

BTW, I thought being from Denver was a conditioning advantage?

Sigh. I'm with bubba on this one. I don't know why, maybe because of the whole Pennington thing, but man....talk about tough. :doh:

Oh I wanna........

:cheers:

I don't really know...Denver may be a conditioning advantage but I would have to think going from the "thin" air of Denver into the "heavier" air of Washington in the type of weather that is going around right now could be a contributing factor....like I said I'm not sure, I'm certainly not claiming to be an expert on this.

For all Testaverde's issues - I did sit in the Meadowlands one Monday evening / Tuesday morning and watch the man throw for 235 yards and 4 TDs in the fourth quarter alone against the Dolphins D, and win a game in which the Jets trailed 30-7 in the 4th quarter. 4 touchdown passes in the 4th quarter at the age of 38. Jason Taylor cried on national TV. Later that season, he threw for nearly 500 yards on one of the best Ds in history - the 2000 Ravens.

One of the biggest reasons he got the nod in 2002 over Chad was by making the playoffs and when there, throwing for nearly 300, 3 TD, 0 INT in the playoffs in 2001. As a Jets fan, he'll tear your heart out, he'll make you sick and you'll curse him and his family. I'm stocking up on Pepto and Valium as we speak. But there's no denying that when he gets hot and he feels a rhythm, he can hurt a team and hurt them bad.

It wasn't conditioning. It was not eating breakfast, being sent on a plane to Washington, having a physical during lunch, drinking Gatorade before practice then going out in the heat of D.C.

Trust me, that's not NEARLY as funny as the Fasani thing :).

Flow,

I watched all of that game... it was one of the BEST MNF i ever watched. Vinny was unstoppable. The chances are good that if the Skins can not generate a pass-rush, that he could have a great game. But as a Skins fan, its hard to be intimitaded by a 40 year old QB who has been on the bench for a year, and who has lost his best O-lineman and best WR... The Jets best chance is to wear down the Skins defensive line by pounding the middle over and over again. I will be surprised if the new DT we aquired will have had a chance to gel and I dont have alot of faith that our other DTs can stop the run consistently yet.

nah..

but maybe if a bunch of bikers raided his house and raped his wife and kids,,, well, that might be funny.

jeez dude.. take a valium.

~Bang

Originally posted by Blade

Flow,

I watched all of that game... it was one of the BEST MNF i ever watched. Vinny was unstoppable. The chances are good that if the Skins can not generate a pass-rush, that he could have a great game. But as a Skins fan, its hard to be intimitaded by a 40 year old QB who has been on the bench for a year, and who has lost his best O-lineman and best WR... The Jets best chance is to wear down the Skins defensive line by pounding the middle over and over again. I will be surprised if the new DT we aquired will have had a chance to gel and I dont have alot of faith that our other DTs can stop the run consistently yet.

I hear you Blade - there's no reason to be intimidated by Vinny. However, I wouldn't sleep on him either. Our OL started 2002 terribly and Vinny was very uncomfortable under pressure - if that problem persists, the Jets will have problems. Thomas is a good player and a significant loss, but I disagree that he was the best OLman. That man is the NFL's best center, featured in the middle of my new, revised Pennington-less signature. He'll be a huge key to success in 2003.

Hackett is a conservative OC by nature and when he lacks confidence (which has generally been the case with Vinny), he goes into a shell. Game one will feature the standard Hackett shell - plenty of Curtis and LaMont, draw plays (especially on 3rd and long), a ton of screens, and an occasional shot down the field. In the end, I don't see one team being overwhelmed by mismatches or any cerebral chess matches between Herm and Spurrier. It'll come down to which team is prepared and sharp for Game 1 and which team looks like they're still playing preseason.

This news sucks. I was rooting for Fasani to have some kind of success somewhere. He is from the Sacramento area, and my highschool played his highschool in the regional playoffs my Senior year. He was excellent and was on bunches of college recruiting mags as one of the top QBs coming into college, and then after he beats my school the next game he tears his knee to shreds in the following playoff game. I was actually suprised he still made it to the pros after an injury like that. His dad taught History at my Jr High as well....

Archived