Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Keith Brooking's pre-game hype speech to his teammates.....

NoCalMike

lol... His speech actually had me laughing. What in the world was he talking about?

The stage is set! The lights are on! They opened the doors! They let us in their house! We have a little situation on our hands! Cause we are standing in their home! Now! This is what we must do! We gotta fight! We gotta bite! We gotta fight! We gotta scratch! We gotta bleed! For each other!!!!!!

What in the hell does that mean?

:ols:

3 days later and I can still picture this doucebag in my mind, and it still cracks me up just thinking about it!

It sounds like he's giving his kids "trick or treat" instructions

:ols:

Those types of speeches work for Brees, Lewis, et al., because those guys are recognized team leaders and naturally fiery. I don't know Brooking's status on the Cowboys, but I certainly don't think of him as being a team leader, and he never struck me as what I would call fiery. Could be wrong, though. To be honest, I figured he had become one of those guys that just bounces around from team to team before closing out his career, and didn't realize he was still with the Cowboys until Sunday's game. :ols:

I don't think you'd ever hear Ray Lewis talk like this:

http://www.sportressofblogitude.com/2010/01/18/cowboys-fans-arent-buying-what-keith-brooking-is-selling/

Prehaps he meant:

The stage is set! The lights are on! They opened the doors! They let us in their house! We have a little situation on our hands! Cause we are standing in their home! Now, when we lose...We gotta whine! We gotta cry! We gotta *****! We gotta moan! We gotta make excuses! For the cameras!!!!!!

I thought it was funny when Collinsworth was talking about Brooking. He was telling a story about how Brooking's wife said something to the effect of, "I see you on the field, and I don't even know who that is." Collinsworth, trying to make a reference to Braveheart (and probably forgetting his recent altercations with Oksana), says, "Mel Gibson." I laughed so hard.

I didn't catch that! That's awesome, he is Mel Gibson on the phone.

It's just so ... corny. We gotta fight? We gotta bite? We gotta scratch?

Terrible. But then again, I don't suppose the Cowboys have a real leader who could hype them up any better. Can you imagine Romo sits to pee trying to hype up these guys?!! :ols:

It's just so ... corny. We gotta fight? We gotta bite? We gotta scratch?

Terrible. But then again, I don't suppose the Cowboys have a real leader who could hype them up any better. Can you imagine Romo sits to pee trying to hype up these guys?!! :ols:

yeah it would start...."well gaw-awwww-leeeeeeeeee"

lol... His speech actually had me laughing. What in the world was he talking about?

The stage is set! The lights are on! They opened the doors! They let us in their house! We have a little situation on our hands! Cause we are standing in their home! Now! This is what we must do! We gotta fight! We gotta bite! We gotta fight! We gotta scratch! We gotta bleed! For each other!!!!!!

I think this is what he was trying to say. I heard this is how the speech started.

YgTssbfJu3Y

Same here, I actually started laughing because it seemed like something from a Saturday Night Live skit. I'm sure there are other really lousy pre-game speeches every week but I just couldn't see how all of his teammates could sit there and be serious.

I have to be honest, that speech was so bad, I have to wonder if it was just something Brooking was intentionally doing to be funny. I just can't fathom that he could get out there before a game and do that on purpose...

Archived