Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

HogsHaven: I HATE Alex Barron

Titaw

I Hate Alex Barron

by kseandoyle

Let's clear one thing up right away. Cowboys fans should not be mad at Alex Barron for the last play of the game last night. Get mad at him for all of his other mistakes through the game if you will. He was dominated by Orakpo all night and got called twice for holding. But in response to that last play, everyone in Dallas should be thanking Barron for doing exactly what an offensive lineman is supposed to do.

Click Link for the rest of the article

Pretty interesting to say the least. I kinda agree with him.

As much as I like the thinking here it's hard to say with certainty that orakpo would have had the sack. We will never know now but romps escapability is ridiculous. He very well could have made the pass to Roy before being hit. Roy was wide open. It wasn't a hard throw lol. We may have ended up with the best possible outcome.

It would have been much more satisfying of a win if Barron played him straight up and Orakpo got the sack to end the game. Don't get me wrong I was giddy leaving the stadium looking at the faces of all of the fake Dallas fans, but it would have been so much sweeter to see Orakpo end it with a sack on Romo sits to pee.

Garrett is to blame and considering that it was no surprise that Barron was getting beat all night he should have rolled a back over there to help out. Garrett is dumb or egotistical and this proves one of those is true. Even I saw this coming and would have had Romo sits to pee roll the other way and have a back or TE to stay in, or at least chip no. 98. Thankfully the Cowboys didn't see it that way.

As much as I like the thinking here it's hard to say with certainty that orakpo would have had the sack. We will never know now but romps escapability is ridiculous. He very well could have made the pass to Roy before being hit. Roy was wide open. It wasn't a hard throw lol. We may have ended up with the best possible outcome.

Yeah but if you rewatch that play you'll see the Rocky only stopped his assignment of covering Williams because he thought Romo sits to pee was about to run. If there is no hold, who knows how it affects where Romo sits to pee can go or what Rocky sees and thus does.

Yeah but if you rewatch that play you'll see the Rocky only stopped his assignment of covering Williams because he thought Romo sits to pee was about to run. If there is no hold, who knows how it affects where Romo sits to pee can go or what Rocky sees and thus does.

That's the thing it's too many what Ifs. We will never no what coulda woulda should of happened. However even without the sack it is still the most memorable moment as a redskins fan in recent history, especially having been at the game. The emotional roller coaster in those three seconds was incredible. Everyone knows orakpo is a beast and that is all that matters.

There is also physics involved here. Had Barron not held, Tony would have had to move differently to get away thus having to float the pass or even losing the angle altogether.

Dude, Rak was gonna smoke Romo sits to pee, and I'm not being a homer, he had him.

Or Orakpo may have hit Romo sits to pee so hard he could of had a season ending concussion

Orakpo forced his way into the backfield and he damn near sacked Romo sits to pee during the hold. Had Barron just tried blocking him, Romo sits to pee would've been sacked and the stadium would've probably been even louder than it was.

Orakpo wasn't going to be stopped one way or another.

Garrett is to blame and considering that it was no surprise that Barron was getting beat all night he should have rolled a back over there to help out. Garrett is dumb or egotistical and this proves one of those is true. Even I saw this coming and would have had Romo sits to pee roll the other way and have a back or TE to stay in, or at least chip no. 98. Thankfully the Cowboys didn't see it that way.

Yup he is a legend in his own mind, any half brain would have stayed with the run game as they seemed to be on the verge of breaking a big one and were getting a true 5 YPC, they would have busted a huge one if Wade hadnt called the time out. thank god for stupid.

I could not agree more. I love Orakpo and really have that feeling he is OUR player. The last time we had a player I felt that way about, and so did everyone else, he was murdered. Orakpo plays the game the way it should be played and I was PISSED he didn't have multiple sacks in that game because he definitely got around his opponent to get them but was held every time. If it weren't for any and everyone holding him all night he would have had at least 2 sacks and maybe a forced fumble. It bothers me because it hurts his career stats (which yes, I am already thinking about the type of career numbers he could put up if he continues to put in the type of work he does) and because this is a league where only stats matter in terms of pro-bowls and Orakpo is clearly a perennial pro-bowl type talent but if he gets held every time and is kept from making game-ending sacks on Sunday Night Football it keeps him from getting the type of national attention as a great pass-rusher that he deserves. Let alone the fact that I wanted to see him crush Romo sits to pee a time or two.

He PROBABLY would have.

I re-played the dvr probably 10 times, no-way that pass is thrown without a hold, no way. I'm not the only one.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/blame-wade-phillips-for-cowboys-loss-091310

After watching the play a dozen times, the bottom line is that if Barron doesn't hold, Romo sits to pee is on the ground and never completes the pass .

well 80% chance Romo sits to pee is sacked, probably a higher chance that Romo sits to pee doesnt get to throw the ball at that time. The only thing is I distinctly remember Romo sits to pee avoiding being sacked when he SHOULD have been sacked last year which led to us losing in that 7-6 game. Actually in that game Romo sits to pee had gotten away from Orakpo when he should have sacked him. That's the thing, sometimes people are in a position where they absolutely should be sacked (like when landry flew in) but dont always necessarily get sacked.

well 80% chance Romo sits to pee is sacked, probably a higher chance that Romo sits to pee doesnt get to throw the ball at that time. The only thing is I distinctly remember Romo sits to pee avoiding being sacked when he SHOULD have been sacked last year which led to us losing in that 7-6 game. Actually in that game Romo sits to pee had gotten away from Orakpo when he should have sacked him. That's the thing, sometimes people are in a position where they absolutely should be sacked (like when landry flew in) but dont always necessarily get sacked.

Agree 100%. My thoughts exactly.

lol, I get what you're saying, but Orakpo still got the glory. Instead of it being written as the "greatest sack of his career" it's being written as "greatest caused holding call of his career", lol.

Orakpo owned Barron so much throughout the game Barron was forced to hold him if he were to have any chance in providing Romo sits to pee time. Orakpo is getting the glory here, and the choke hold Barron put on Orakpo after he got owned has been replayed over and over for all the world to see. :ols:

It's even more fitting, since the Cowboys got to celebrate for like two seconds before having their hearts ripped out. God knows we know how that feels!

I guess what I'm saying is, I totally disagree with your assessment, sir. :pfft:

Archived