Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Going to a CAPS game v a REDSKINS game - TONIGHT WAS TERRIBLE

Club Seat Player

yes i am they skate around like panzies. they get there noses broke and teeth knocked out because the dont cover there face. thats not really fighting. i have never had someone continue standing when i have blasted them in the jaw. these guys swing like girls for 8 mins.

By the way that you spell and type I think it was you on the opposite sides of those "jaw blastings".

The Caps are the only team that kept DC sports relevant; embrace...don't hate. Sure they might not be as exciting as the trucks at your monster truck rallies or tractor pulls....but DC loves the Caps!

Back on topic....

i guess everyone missed my post.

i agree with hatecowboysdukes and everyone else who thinks that boorish drunken behavior should not be condoned in the stadium. the drunken idiots who go to the game just to pick fights... with complete disregard to the game going on shouldn't be welcome, skins fans or not. please just go to a bar and start fights there so you don't ruin my gameday experience.

i do feel lucky because i'm surrounded by season ticket holders in my upper level section who come to every game. not too many opposing fans right around me, or drunken 20 yr old skins fans who are out of control.

hopefully, if the skins become a respectable team again, the ticket holders who sell their tickets will actually go at a higher percentage. which in my opinion, would make the game day experience even better.

GO SKINS

yes i am they skate around like panzies. they get there noses broke and teeth knocked out because the dont cover there face. thats not really fighting. i have never had someone continue standing when i have blasted them in the jaw. these guys swing like girls for 8 mins.

Let me get this straight...hockey players knowingly go out on the ice with unprotected faces, get the **** beat out of them, but are still pansies?

YGo3ANHxilI&feature=related

i guess everyone missed my post.

i agree with hatecowboysdukes and everyone else who thinks that boorish drunken behavior should not be condoned in the stadium. the drunken idiots who go to the game just to pick fights... with complete disregard to the game going on shouldn't be welcome, skins fans or not. please just go to a bar and start fights there so you don't ruin my gameday experience.

i do feel lucky because i'm surrounded by season ticket holders in my upper level section who come to every game. not too many opposing fans right around me, or drunken 20 yr old skins fans who are out of control.

hopefully, if the skins become a respectable team again, the ticket holders who sell their tickets will actually go at a higher percentage. which in my opinion, would make the game day experience even better.

GO SKINS

oh we saw, we just didnt care.

j/k

Alright buddy. Next time there is blood in an NFL game more than once a season let me know. You know what, just stick with football since it's obvious you're not a full on sports fan given your lack of knowledge.

Oh, and for the record, Ovechkin wears a visor so actually, his face was covered when he had his nose broken.

To hockey/Caps fans:

I'd love to see this clown tell Scott Stevens that hockey isn't physical. Or on a more messed up note, Marc Savard.

It's just not for you dude, that is attending a football game, deal with it or don't go. Sorry. I agree with the fights part though if that was happening the authorities need to take care of that. but complaining about profanity at a sporting event? You're a tad sensitive.

I think hockey is a violent/tough sport but not as much as football. The collisions aren't nearly the same, they don't have oline dline trench battles, etc.

I had a great time at the game.

1. I urinated on a guys shoe in the bathroom.

2. I yelled at some guy that told me to move my grill when he was parking.

3. I used the F word everytime I opened my mouth.

:D

1. you should have been ejected

2. was he a redskins fan? why yell at a redskins fan trying to see his favorite team?

3. you should have been ejected

To the original poster. You are living in an ideal world. Be realistic. All of those things are to be expected at an NFL game, let alone a Dallas-Skins game. If people are mean/inconsiderate, that sucks and I am sorry for you. But it goes with the territory.

Just a few comments:

- If you are familiar to D.C. at all, you have to know there is always traffic. Leave earlier. If you can't, traffic is something you have to deal with. 91,704 people all trying to get to the same 1-mile radius is a no-brainer. There will be traffic. Fact of life.

- The parking spaces and rows at FedEx are small and most people bring trucks/SUVs to tailgate so its a tight to fit just an automobile in a single space. To fit a good tailgate in one space is unreasonable unless you have grass or sidewalk space. Get there earlier so you have more options to choose from.

But the main thing is, you cannot compare a REDSKINS game to a CAPITALS game. I have season tickets for both. The notion to compare the gameday experience is just ludicrous. The logistics and reality of each venue's setting are completely different.

Football games are once a week and making it an all day event is part of what makes football/tailgating a great American event.

Caps games last 2.5 hours and there are 44 (including preseason) games at Verizon Center compared to just 10 at FedEx. A Metro stop is literally underneath Verizon Center so that alleviates a lot of the traffic.

There are also tons of places within walking distance to go eat/drink around VC. FedEx Field has nothing other than lots of space to tailgate.

I have to say of all the games I have been to, the drunks were not a problem for me at all.

I had an absolute blast, and I brought my friend from Florida to this game and she had a blast as well. We did have a bit of a hard time with parking (we got to the stadium at about 4:30 but had to drive for 50 minutes to find a spot) but the funny thing is I had a green pass, but I ended up parking in the purple lot. The parking attendants just kept moving us closer and closer, so I just went with the flow.

WIth the exception of the Cowboys game we won the year Sean Taylor was killed, this was the most exciting game I have ever been to in my 4 young years as a fan. It was also really cool to be on the Redskins side for the first time, though I still had Cowboys fans beside us and behind us. The managed to sneak out very quickly after the game though :D

Only had two major complaints, beside the hassle of finding a spot (which was a pain, but I did not except any different). The drunk guy next to us was funny, but it was kind of gross when he crapped his pants in the middle on the second quarter (nothing you can do about that, but was still quite gross) and I thought it was just me but I see others noticed it as well. Did the parking attendants quit after the game? I am shocked no one got hit! (Or did they). The funny thing was I got out in 25 minutes, the fastest I have ever made it out of the stadium.

All in all a great game, and while I would love to have seen us win by a larger margin, a win is a win. And a Cowboys win is freaking amazing, no matter be it by 1 point or 100 points!

HAIL!

By the way that you spell and type I think it was you on the opposite sides of those "jaw blastings".

The Caps are the only team that kept DC sports relevant; embrace...don't hate. Sure they might not be as exciting as the trucks at your monster truck rallies or tractor pulls....but DC loves the Caps!

Back on topic....

Hahahaha! They don't have hockey rinks out in nowhere do they.

Alright buddy. Next time there is blood in an NFL game more than once a season let me know. You know what, just stick with football since it's obvious you're not a full on sports fan given your lack of knowledge.

Oh, and for the record, Ovechkin wears a visor so actually, his face was covered when he had his nose broken.

To hockey/Caps fans:

I'd love to see this clown tell Scott Stevens that hockey isn't physical. Or on a more messed up note, Marc Savard.

Lol...I think we know what would happen.

Hockey-pwnage.gif

I think 3 hours was early - thanks. Look say what you will...but if you read this and it applies to you - Ill ask again - cant we show some dignity, self-respect and class? To all human beings....especially someone wearing an Art Monk jersey.

No, it’s really not. Like it or not, going to a Skins game is an all-day event. If that’s not your thing, then it’s not your thing. They opened the parking lots at noon for this game. Not saying you had to be first in line at noon to get into the parking lot, but leaving your house 3 hours early, unless you live in Landover, is not “early.”

Most people unadvisedly leave their houses too late for Skins games, yet they still somehow expect to stroll in in an unhurried, leisurely way. For better or worse, that’s just not how it works at FedEx. Within two hours of kickoff, everyone and their uncle is trying to get into the parking lot at the same time. The infrastructure can’t handle it.

I always recommend that people leave ridiculously early for Skins games and just make a day of it. That won’t change the behavior of some of the people around you, but it will eliminate one major headache. Of course, when they open the lots at noon for an 8:00 game, it doesn’t take a rocket surgeon to figure out that there will be some “enthusiastic” people at the game. You have to know that going into it.

Being surprised about fan behavior under the circumstances is a little like jumping into the lion’s den at the zoo and being surprised that the lion wants to eat you. Not excusing the behavior of some people, but you do have to do your homework going into the situation and decide whether it’s for you.

No, it’s really not. Like it or not, going to a Skins game is an all-day event. If that’s not your thing, then it’s not your thing. They opened the parking lots at noon for this game. Not saying you had to be first in line at noon to get into the parking lot, but leaving your house 3 hours early, unless you live in Landover, is not “early.”

Spot on !! Anyone that goes with me has to understand that it is an all day event which includes arriving well ahead of the lots opening and staying an hour-plus after the game has ended.

In my first years as a STH, I had Red lot permit parking and that is close enough to the highway that it didn't matter all that much.

HAIL !! :point2sky

I only get to go to a game on a rare occasion and was able to make it to the Saints game last year. We have to drive about 5 hrs from our home to a metro stop in Vienna then make the ride to the stadium on the train. The overall gameday experience would have been fine if there hadn't been an idiotic drunken "fan" in our section. As a whole most people were friendly and acted like fans normally do. But this idiot spent the whole game screaming profanity at other fans because he didn't think they cheering loud enough or standing and yelling throughout the whole game. The moron had a Redskins icon tattooed on his hand and continued to hold it up and point at it as if to prove he was a much better fan than the rest of us. He was drunk to the point that he was staggering around and he was abusive and threatening to many people around him Redskins fans and Saints fans. This idiot want to faux fight everyone around him. You, know one of those guys who's always telling his buddies, "hold me back or I'll kick their *****'s." when in fact a ten year old could wipe the floor with him. Now the real problem I have with this whole situation is not really "the idiot" but the security people who were alerted to this and did nothing. They have a duty to not only make the game day experience at least tolerable but also to make it safe. The guy almost started several fights and they should have stepped in and dragged him off to the famous stadium jail cell. We spend far too much money and endure hours of travel to support the team we love. The team could reciprocate by giving us a safe and enjoyable game day experience.

Archived