Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Week 1 NFL Discussion Game Thread(Merged)

ixcuincle

Is there a chat anymore? I can't find it

Nope. Way too many glitches so it was disabled. There is an independent chat room a fellow ESer started up. Ill try to find the link.

Oh. And the current story being shown on ESPN's NFL countdown is heart-rending.

PCS,

I saw that segment on ESPN. It was sad at first, but it turned into quite the good story. Thankfully. If I were a football player, that would be one of my favorite things to do, to meet kids who are battling an illness or went through something where meeting a 'hero' of theirs would hearten them for the coming days and give them a great memory. I'd have to keep myself from bawling, though, while I was doing it.

A girl, a big Packers fan, basically was getting sick and had several strokes which paralyzed one side of her body. She needed a new heart---finally got one, seems to be doing well, will enter 8th grade with her classmates this year.

She thought she was just filming a show on kids who like football but ended up going to a Packer practice, met her favorite players (Rodgers and Al Harris) and Rodgers rode her bike from practice to lunch (a Packer tradition.) Had her own locker set up with a game ball and jersey with her name.

Archived