Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sniff...sniff...I smell puke fan fear...

tr1

When has preseason been a good indicator for future regular season results?

Numerous times :yes:...not every single time, of course, but let's not act like no teams in the history of the NFL ever reflected their preseason production in the regular season in some way.

Do you understand why no one is worried here about carry over? I would rather focus on recent regular season history and turnover, or lack there of.

That's fine :):ols:...Nobody's keeping you from doing so.

So you agree that preseason performance is indicative of future regular season results? Seriously?

I agree that BB completely avoided tr1's claims by focusing solely on the preseason records as his retort, yes. :yes:

By the way, Ken, can you PLEASE learn how to use the quote function correctly? lol :ols:...half of your posts have the quotes all ****ed up.

Class dismissed? That is funny. Really funny! OK, you win. Individual players and units on our team did not perform well in the pre-season...so that means we might as well skip...aw never mind. This is pointless. We will play our schedule....you plays yours...add them up at the end and go from there. No amount of back and forth with you will change the inevitable!

Thank you, Captain Obvious :thumbsup:

And funny, but the only point I brought up in our "back and forth" was that you interpreted tr1's post as being about nothing more than preseason records...I made no mention of how the Cowboys will do or how the Skins will do. I made no mention of whether or not the preseason production, preseason records, or preseason anything should be considered an indicator for the upcoming season.

When you are coming off 4-12....it is much more comforting to reference pre-season...if individual units and individual players played well. And I guess it does not matter if these units/players are 1st, 2nd or 3rd string.

And if your current team has been looking putrid, is close to getting your starting QB killed, hasn't been able to run the ball, and is having to face a list of injuries that threaten to make the season start off even slower than it normally might, it's much more comforting to reference a 4-game winning streak from last December instead...and completely ignore the embarrassing beat-down the team experienced in its last "real" game.

See? Incredibly easy to come up with responses like yours lol :yes:...

Thank you, Captain Obvious :thumbsup:

And funny, but the only point I brought up in our "back and forth" was that you interpreted tr1's post as being about nothing more than preseason records...I made no mention of how the Cowboys will do or how the Skins will do. I made no mention of whether or not the preseason production, preseason records, or preseason anything should be considered an indicator for the upcoming season.

And if your current team has been looking putrid, is close to getting your starting QB killed, hasn't been able to run the ball, and is having to face a list of injuries that threaten to make the season start off even slower than it normally might, it's much more comforting to reference a 4-game winning streak from last December instead...and completely ignore the embarrassing beat-down the team experienced in its last "real" game.

See? Incredibly easy to come up with responses like yours lol :yes:...

Wade is 33-15 in 3 seasons. I can really reference anything and find success. I believe he is 9-2 in the month of September...so I think that indicates he can prepare a team for the start of a season. His record in December his first 2 years is not good. His record in December last year is good. But at the end of the day....Dallas has been in contention for his entire tenure...so I personally cannot argue with what he has done. He has not won the Super Bowl...but only 3 teams can make that claim. This thread is about Dallas being scared...and you have YET to show me ANYTHING about why Dallas would be scared of the Redskins. NOTHING!!!!!

Numerous times :yes:...not every single time, of course, but let's not act like no teams in the history of the NFL ever reflected their preseason production in the regular season in some way.[/Quote]

Well, let's hear some.....I gave you at least one and I am VERY surprised that a Redskins fan would EVER point to anything preseason after the Ol' ball Coach....no? I mean, Redskins fans around these parts were ecstatic and saying how their offense was unstoppable that preseason. Not even focusing on the record but the running up of the scores and whatnot. Has there ever been a more emphatic underscore of why preseason just does not matter? If there is one bigger, please let me know.

I agree that BB completely avoided tr1's claims by focusing solely on the preseason records as his retort, yes. :yes:

Again, I reiterate another famous case that I just listed as to how useless judging preseason can be. You keep focusing on the negative like the Cowboys forgot how to move the ball and stop any one on defense.

By the way, Ken, can you PLEASE learn how to use the quote function correctly? lol :ols:...half of your posts have the quotes all ****ed up.

The one thing you are right about....how's that? :D

Dallas has been in contention for his entire tenure...

See 2008. :doh:

You see, this is the drivel that puke fans make up...and all of a sudden, facts don't become important. Therefore, having any rational discussion is a waste of time with puke fans.

Do you put any stock into the preseason games? Are they an indicator at all of how a team will do in the regular season?

Well, I think with the preseason, you do put stock in it, especially from the standpoint of evaluation and from the standpoint of repetition. Football is repetition and so we did get a lot of repetition; we stayed with the basics but we weren’t doing just basics on the practice field, we were doing a lot of the things that we’ll be doing against Washington and other teams. But, as far as five games are concerned, I’ve said this before, we’ve played five games in preseason before and had Super Bowl winning season. And we’ve played four games in preseason and not won Super Bowls, so I don’t think that has a bearing.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/090810dnspojjonesinterview.d0607baf.html

So, Kenny, just keep pooh-poohing the individual battles lost by your players on the o-line...and the inability of the first unit to score when in the red zone.

:rotflmao:

If Albert Haynesworth gets traded or is largely unused, I expect Felix Jones to have a coming out party (can't wait to see A.Carter or L.Alexander try to cover him in the flat)

What exactly does Haynesworth leaving have to do with out LB's covering a back out of the backfield? Now if you had said he'll be able to run up the gut on us, it would have been the proper thing to say.

Well, let's hear some.....I gave you at least one and I am VERY surprised that a Redskins fan would EVER point to anything preseason after the Ol' ball Coach....no? I mean, Redskins fans around these parts were ecstatic and saying how their offense was unstoppable that preseason. Not even focusing on the record but the running up of the scores and whatnot. Has there ever been a more emphatic underscore of why preseason just does not matter? If there is one bigger, please let me know.

Howzabout a more recent one: Skins preseason in 2006. We just came off a 10-6 season, one in which we won our last 5 games of the regular season with our offense really clicking (remember the 35-7 beatdown of the Cowboys, Ken?), a wildcard win and advancing to the divisional round. Then, the next preseason, we looked putrid on offense. That same offense ended up looking putrid more often than not once the regular season came around.

Hmm...sounds slightly familiar, doesn't it...a team on a hot streak at the end of the previous season, first playoff win in what feels like forever, losing in the divisional round...then having the offense look like crap in the preseason the next year, and carry over into the regular season. I swear that sounds familiar...

And I gotta ask seriously...do you REALLY think nothing, from any preseason of any of the 32 NFL teams, has EVER carried over into the regular season? lol...Really, Ken? :ols:

Well, well, well...it's Thursday, and the influx of new puke fans is minimal...and the posts from the old gang is trailing off.

I guess puke fan nation is starting to realize the season and Sunday night could be a disaster!

For those not keeping score, Kosier and Colombo are out. On defense, the middle of the pukes' secondary is new and thin. Brooking is coming off an injury.

Oh, and then here's the topper from Wade:

"It gives me a lot of confidence in those two guys," coach Wade Phillips said of the reserve linemen's experience. "Holland and Barron both have started and played and played well in a lot of games. That gives us confidence. And they've worked well in our system and worked hard. I don't think it's going to be perfect for them, but we have confidence that they'll do a good job for us."

Right, cause we're not all here reading this.

You do realize your team is probably the most hated of any NFL team in the league, right? The only time I've ever heard someone talk about "hating" a team other than their team's rival, it's most often the Cowboys.

You're right. It's called jealousy.

:rotflmao:

Well come on, fellas. Do you really think your team is SB bound? I'm sure those two replacement/failures on the o-line are Pro-Bowl material. They definitely showed it in the preseason.

Did the first unit actually rush for any first down? I don't recall. :ols:

Did the first unit finish any drives for a TD? (and please, don't include that TD that resulted because of a fumble...a fumble that should it not have happened, would have resulted in your first unit scoring ZERO points in the preseason.)

Your secondary, as usual, is suspect. Neither of your corners are shutdown guys. And, the safties are a huge question mark.

Oh, and what a way to end last season....that Minny team humiliated you after you beat up on a injury-filled Philly team to win your only playoff game in over a decade.

Awesome!

Be afraid.

Yes, what a terrible way for us to end the season last year. In the playoffs. I'd much rather have ended it with a 4-12 record.

I was on the Sandia Tram over the weekend...and there were two separate parties decked out in puke gear! I was in Texas for about three weeks before that, and didn't see anyone with puke gear on.

It's the dam-edest thing! :ols:

BTW, I always tell the gear wearers to watch out for the Skins. Many don't even realize there's a rivalry...too casual to care.

Some say, "oh, this...it's all that was clean." :ols:

Very juvenile. Do you even think the Redskin fans on here believe a small fraction of what you post?

Alan Ball's name will be called a lot on Sunday night.

You really think he's gonna have a lot of interceptions? Those dirtballs McNabb throws are hard to catch, even for a good cover guy.

Yes, what a terrible way for us to end the season last year. In the playoffs. I'd much rather have ended it with a 4-12 record.

No worries, you'll get your wish this year :) You can even look forward to drafting a new lineman with that top 10 pick of yours.

Well, well, well...it's Thursday, and the influx of new puke fans is minimal...and the posts from the old gang is trailing off.

I guess puke fan nation is starting to realize the season and Sunday night could be a disaster!

For those not keeping score, Kosier and Colombo are out. On defense, the middle of the pukes' secondary is new and thin. Brooking is coming off an injury.

Oh, and then here's the topper from Wade:

What will your excuse be after Sunday night? You'd better be getting one ready cause I know you'll have one.

Anyone else notice missing posts? I responded, rather eloquently I might add, to one of Cali's posts around the same time that the site went down, and not it is no where to be found! I can't even find Cali's post that I was responding to.

It was a LONG response too. Quite frustrating, and you can't search past today either.

Anyone else notice missing posts? I responded, rather eloquently I might add, to one of Cali's posts around the same time that the site went down, and not it is no where to be found! I can't even find Cali's post that I was responding to.

It was a LONG response too. Quite frustrating, and you can't search past today either.

I think that was just the way it had to happen. The timing was somewhat curious to me, why was this done within the week of season opening? But the changes look cool and I can live with that.

What will your excuse be after Sunday night? You'd better be getting one ready cause I know you'll have one.

My feeling on you is this, IF the Cowboys win you say something that will get you banned likely, and if the Boys lose you'll disappear the same way you appeared, either way you are most likely to be NFL.

Archived