Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sniff...sniff...I smell puke fan fear...

tr1

You actually have a point of discussion and every team has similar turnover, but to say that facing the Redskins of '10 is the same as facing the team of '09 is wishful thinking. YOu seem like a person capable of that distinction, or I am assuming you are. FSU wishes the Cowboys would be opening up against last years squad. Sadly for him that is not the case. This thread was started because of concerns Cowboy fans (real football cowboy fans) are showing concern over the production and the OL. FSU has derailed it to polish his pedastal and make himself feel better about the Cowboys woes. And there is no proof that there are woes, nor that the Redskins will be dominate on Sunday night. But facts are facts, and this is not Jim Zorn's Redskins, so let the games begin.

IF that's the impression I made, then that's my fault for not getting my point across. The ONLY thing I'm arguing is when a poster claimed that last year means ZERO, ZILCH, NOTHING towards this year. I simply disagreed with that.

Hold on Willis, what you talkin bout?

Last year means something, Jim Zorn can't coach. The OL needed new players. Jason Campbell is a mediocre QB who like anyother QB needs a line, even Romo sits to pee needs this. You assume much grasshopper, but the one thing that any bright student of the NFL would not is this....Shannahan >>> Wade, and Shannahan >>> Garrett. If you guys win the first game so be it, but the Redskins are heading the right direction, can the Cowboys say the same?

I stand by my statement, I stand on top of it, underneath of it and everywhere in between it. Sadly after reading Wade's quotes he puts no value (as you do) in last year, I wished he did.

This argument went down the tubes when the active roster number was used. That is semantics at it's finest my friends! haha It was a good laugh though.

LOL!! :rotflmao:

This thread went downhill the moment you started flopping around trying to claim that even one player still being on the team from last year proves your point. Only THE most homerific of Cowboys fans would dare claim that the massive changes to the roster, coaching staff and front office of the Redskins should be trumped by the relatively small number of returning players to the squad.

LOL!! :rotflmao:

This thread went downhill the moment you started flopping around trying to claim that even one player still being on the team from last year proves your point. Only THE most homerific of Cowboys fans would dare claim that the massive changes to the roster, coaching staff and front office of the Redskins should be trumped by the relatively small number of returning players to the squad.

NEver said it should be trumped, simpyl said it should be taken into consideration. Wow.

The trash talk is getting so old. Can't it just be Sunday night already so we can settle this?

I just don't recall a time where a team's fans coming off a 4-12 season were this confident that they're going to beat a team coming off an 11-5 season in which they were division champs and won a lopsided playoff game. It just seems odd but we'll find out soon enough.

Too many posts to respond to, but they all contain preseason assumptions. Like I said, the talk is old. I just can't wait until Sunday.
Absolutely. That's why I'm sick of going on assumptions, it's time to actually play some meaningful football.
This thread is an endless hijack. We can revisit it Sunday night though. At least then, win or lose, we will have something concrete to talk about.
The subject was the Cowboys woes on the OL and lack of production in pre-season and the fear in the hearts of Cowboy fans, try to keep up.

Maybe you should take your own advice and just come back Sunday night when the game is being played. Don't worry about the 4-12 Redskins (they are different) or the Cowboys OL (it is probably just as good)

NEver said it should be trumped, simpyl said it should be taken into consideration. Wow.
That's completely false. Your roster is mostly the same. Last year would mean nothing only if the entire team was new. That's not the case. Until proven otherwise, this is a team COMING OFF a 4-12 season. I didn't say this is a 4-12 team, but a team who is COMING OFF a 4-12 season. Until they prove they're better than that, there's nothing else to go by.

I would save my boasting at least until the Skins prove they can pull off at least 8 wins.

That's completely false, hahaha, lol! Hope you enjoyed those!!!!!!!!!

I see we are working up to game time nicely. All the better. I love Skinz week!

It's all good but that crap that FSU was spewing is not going to fly without notice. How do you see the game playing out? I really like the Skins chances if only because of the unknown, the home crowd and the Cowboys OL. I stll think that this game win or lose could be pivotal down the road. IF your team losses a game like this it might mean they gather themselves and recover early on. If they win they may get ahead of themselves. It is a great opener that is for sure.

Oh no?

Redskins fan: "...this isn't the same 4-12 team..."

You: "That's completely false. Your roster is mostly the same. Last year would mean nothing only if the entire team was new. That's not the case. Until proven otherwise, this is a team COMING OFF a 4-12 season."

Translation: "All the massive changes the Skins have made are trumped by the fact that they were 4-12 last year and still have players from that squad on the team."

If you had NOT said that last bolded part, you might have a point. But you decided to go beyond the semantics game of what "nothing" means, and take it all the way to making the claim that this IS still the same 4-12 team as last year "until proven otherwise":

You: "I didn't say this is a 4-12 team, but a team who is COMING OFF a 4-12 season. Until they prove they're better than that, there's nothing else to go by."

And this gets to the point being made by the other ES member: that you can NOT go off last year's record for THIS year's squad...there are just way too many significant and important changes for ANYONE being objective to do so. The only way you could possibly do otherwise is if you feel the relatively small number of returning players somehow trumps all of the massive changes that have been made, many of them in the most important areas of the team. Which was my point I just made.

And for the record, the only way the logic of your argument holds any water is if the players who DID return from last year's squad were apparently the main reason the Redskins went 4-12 last season lol :ols:...The idea that the 30 returning players are all talented and skilled enough to help lead a team to a winning record--in other words, that these players were NOT the problem last year--doesn't seem to be taken into consideration in your mind. Nope...all 53 players from 2009 were terrible and each played an equal part in last year's dismal record, to the point that keeping even ONE of them on this year's squad will have a negative effect on the team until it is "proven" otherwise.

Huh? Where in that post does it say that the new moves are trumped by having the majority of the roster the same?

When you said this:

Until proven otherwise, this is a team COMING OFF a 4-12 season.

Translation: "Until proven otherwise", all the changes the Redskins have made are trumped in your eyes by the fact that the team is coming off a 4-12 record and have 56% of last year's roster return.

I see this as a very dangerous game for both teams. Obviously, OL is going to be key in this match-up. Both teams are basically betting the season on the play of the respective QBs. Both teams have excellent pass rushers. If either OL breaks down, I can see a QB getting hurt in this game and severely impacting the season. For that reason, I think both teams are going to try and establish the run. I think both teams will try and limit the number of passes in an attempt to protect the QB. I would be surprised if either team used a lot of 4 Receiver sets. Like almost every other game in the NFL, turnovers, field position and penalties are going to be decide the game. I think ST are going to be huge. If either kicker has a great game, that team has a very good chance of winning IMO. I don't see this as a wide open game.

Prepare to watch your team get their asses handed to them. :pfft::pfft:

I've seen a Super Bowl champion Redskin team get beaten by a one win Cowboy team. I've seen the reverse happen as well. I think I can safely say that the day will never come when either side is prepared to get an ass whoppen. It sometimes happens but you'll never hear anybody say that's what they expect or are preparing for. The day I see that is the day I'll probably stop watching football. What would be the point of it if your watch because your expecting your team to lose?

We'll show up and play the game. See what happens.

I've seen a Super Bowl champion Redskin team get beaten by a one win Cowboy team. I've seen the reverse happen as well. I think I can safely say that the day will never come when either side is prepared to get an ass whoppen. It sometimes happens but you'll never hear anybody say that's what they expect or are preparing for. The day I see that is the day I'll probably stop watching football. What would be the point of it if your watch because your expecting your team to lose?

You know -- with all the going back and forth -- this is the feeling I can't get out of my head. How many times have we seen some no-name Dallas player, who is currently shoving elk **** in Moosejaw, Wisconsin, make a play to win the game in the waning seconds. Or some freak play that snatches victory from the jaws of defeat (i.e. the 22-19, blocked field goal-facemask on the return-Nick fricken Novak kicks the game winner, or the Jason Buck-Strip Sack-Where 4 different Cowboys get their hands on the ball before the Redskins fall on it in the Endzone. Or Stephen Davis running the "Riggo" drill before miraculously fumbling, 3 plays later Dallas is kicking the game winner) As far as Holland and Barron starting, the name Clint Longley should be enough for any Redskins fan to have 2nd thoughts about guaranteeing victory

I see this as a very dangerous game for both teams. Obviously, OL is going to be key in this match-up. Both teams are basically betting the season on the play of the respective QBs. Both teams have excellent pass rushers. If either OL breaks down, I can see a QB getting hurt in this game and severely impacting the season. For that reason, I think both teams are going to try and establish the run. I think both teams will try and limit the number of passes in an attempt to protect the QB. I would be surprised if either team used a lot of 4 Receiver sets. Like almost every other game in the NFL, turnovers, field position and penalties are going to be decide the game. I think ST are going to be huge. If either kicker has a great game, that team has a very good chance of winning IMO. I don't see this as a wide open game.

Thanks for returning the convo to actual sensible football talk. I am sure you and I could be friends and talk about Cowboy/Redskin games all day long. I don't see where I would disagree with you on any of the above. I would like to point out though sadly for FSU0021 that the Redskins kicker is no longer Suisham it is Graham Gano and this may prove to be the most important roster change for the Redskins of all. He might know of Gano and he might remember Suisam, if he can get past the mental block.

You nailed it on many fronts and win or lose I expect to see a competitve game unlike our last meeting when I did not. I still watched, but I knew. With this team I not only don't know but there is room for optimism. Cheers.

Archived