Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll:Are we really gonna struggle running the ball?

darrelgreenie

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I didn't vote on your poll, DG, because you don't have an option for "I haven't got a clue."

I know the poll question and thread title are worded like predictions, but i'm more interested in peoples gut feelings.

What does your gut tell you?

Edit:I'm assumming you think we'll struggle?

I think early on it will be a struggle. Our backs are well documented. Portis, having lost all of his Riggo weight, may be the key. Good lord he bulked up a ton for Gibbs. I am not sold on Larry Johnson, a suspension never seems far away from that guy. After those two, we got Parker and the kids. I almost think one of the kids is going to have to do well for our running game to be among the league's best.

I think we will be able to do fine against anyone but the top tier run defenses, which we've faced in our last two preseason games. Our O-Line is become a strength of the team and I think we'll see a servicable running game down the stretch. Comments from the players lead me to believe that they aren't worried about it because of the playcalling in the preseason. I'll trust in Shanahan until proven otherwise.

in Shanny's 16 year career his teams have ranked 10 or better in rushing yards ... 13 times.

the three years he didn't rank in the top 10 his teams were 12th twice and 18th once.

in those 16 total years his teams yards per attempt ranked in the top 10 - 13 times! with an average ranking of 6.75.

i like those numbers ...

I know the poll question and thread title are worded like predictions, but i'm more interested in peoples gut feelings.

What does your gut tell you?

Edit:I'm assumming you think we'll struggle?

I don't have a gut feeling on it.

What I'm trying to figure out is -- why has it been such a problem in Houston. Was it the talent? Is it that hard to teach?

After Portis goes down to injury, and is out for the year, yes.

Our best hope is that Betts gets cut from New Orleans, and we can grab him when Portis checks out.

Not only will our running game improve, but we will have a receiving threat out of the backfield too.

After Portis goes down to injury, and is out for the year, yes.

Our best hope is that Betts gets cut from New Orleans, and we can grab him when Portis checks out.

Not only will our running game improve, but we will have a receiving threat out of the backfield too.

betts will be out of football in 2 years at the best.

you might be worse than the people who think campbell is gonna succeed in oakland. lol

betts will be out of football in 2 years at the best.

you might be worse than the people who think campbell is gonna succeed in oakland. lol

I don't disagree with the 2 years.

He looks great in NO however. Hoping they cut him.

Yes, but not until Clinton Portis wears down... about week 6. :(

Shanahan will manage Portis' carries far better than any other coach has since he came to Washington. There will also be a far lesser drop-off in production between Portis and whatever backs we put in to spell him than what we are accustomed to as Skins fans. CP may still run out of steam but it won't be until at least week 15. :pfft:

Archived