Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Mosley: Cowboys-Texans: What did we learn?

That was absolutely pathetic. They were crashing into each other on offense. The Cowboys look like they accomplished nothing in training camp and preseason. Its going to take at least a few games in the regular season to get the timing and assignments down.

But I still can't completely write off the entire 2010 season yet.

We learned that the so called "experts" and "analysts" know nothing.

This team either doesn't care or isn't that good. Or both. Either way, they're not winning the NFCE this seasons, let alone the conference or Super Bowl.

Refreshing to see Cowboys fans acknowledging that they see what everyone else is seeing lol :thumbsup:...I wouldn't go as far as HHM is going concerning the division title, because this division is ALWAYS up for grabs...but I agree with penasquito that it may take the Cowboys the first several games to get their offensive feet back under them. Hopefully that means they start off in a hole, though lol :D...

I hate to speculate but its freaking preseason, I hate the turds as much as anyone else but I will reserve judgement until week 10 of the season. They have way too much talent and its not like they all woke up and forgot they are football players.

With that said...

**** dallas

Well, that settles it...

We have officially forgotten how to play football and our defense has had so many changes on it that we are going to be a sieve this season. No doubt about it. The loss of Ken Hamlin cannot be understated.

Our second team d was not able to shut down the Texans' first string offense there in the third quarter which is a pretty good indicator of what they will do in the 3 week of the season. I know which team I'm betting on that day.

Our offense has similarly forgotten how to play and they always tear up the preseason and never flip a switch come opening day. The vaunted Redskins are waiting for week 1 and we might as well mail it in at this point. It seems obvious to anyone who has watched this game for any amount of time, that if your team is not doing it by this point in the preseason, they are not going to do it.

The loss of Flo Adams cannot be understated either. Doug Free has been a revolving door at LT, it is just a matter of time before that comes back to haunt us. With Kosier and Columbo out for the year, it is clear that our Line is going to struggle mightily this season.

Dez Bryant is just a rookie, we will be lucky if he is able to put one foot in front of the other on game day.

Romo sits to pee clearly played too much golf this offseason, he will revert to Tony Turnover with that line in front of him.

I predict 5 punts hitting the scoreboard this year and the NFL stepping in and stripping Jerry Jones of his duties in Dallas because he was not able to see this obvious fatal flaw in the design of the money pit.

Dallas is destined for last this year in the NFC east.

I'd make this my sig if it weren't a little too big.

Just trying to put this in perspective.

I can keep up with all of the posts I'm going to have to bump up later on.

Ken,

By no means am I hitting the panic button. But even you can't be happy with what you've seen so far. There is really no excuse as to why we haven't been able to run the ball. Why Romo sits to pee isn't the player he was last season. Why the first team defense got run over last night. Why Phillips has this team unprepared.

I understand it's the preseason and it's meaningless. But there is certainly reason for concern.

Can it get rectified? Absolutely. Will it? I would bet yes. But that remains to be seen.

Regardless, they have a lot of work to do in a short period of time. We're facing a very hungry Redskins team in two weeks. One that seems more ready to play that game than we do.

Ken,

By no means am I hitting the panic button. But even you can't be happy with what you've seen so far. There is really no excuse as to why we haven't been able to run the ball. Why Romo sits to pee isn't the player he was last season. Why the first team defense got run over last night. Why Phillips has this team unprepared.

I understand it's the preseason and it's meaningless. But there is certainly reason for concern.

Can it get rectified? Absolutely. Will it? I would bet yes. But that remains to be seen.

Regardless, they have a lot of work to do in a short period of time. We're facing a very hungry Redskins team in two weeks. One that seems more ready to play that game than we do.

No, see, we were 4-12 last year so nothing we do matters. :yes:

Ahhh. Cowboys fans using sarcasm because their team has looked pathetic in the preseason. :ols:

Stuff never gets old.

I

People who say they don't care about preseason are lying. Been there, done that. You say you don't care, but deep down you do.

Dallas has looked like **** this entire preseason. No, the game doesn't count, but you can't bank on them turning on the switch just like that, either.

Over-hyped yet again and they come out thinking they're just gonna waltz through the season and get the trophy at the end of the season. Hilarious.

I think if they have to play their starters again in a 5th preseason game then that's a definite advantage for the Skins.

I wouldn't want to be a Pukes fan with their starters going against some guys that are gunning for a roster spot. Little more then risky at this point in the grand scheme of things. They are having a hard time protecting their QB as it is without losing another player to a roster hopeful.

As bad as Romo sits to pee was yesterday he was not as bad as the other starting QBs for the NFCE this weekend. That is what is giving me hope.

He wasn't better than Grossman. He wasn't better than Manning. He was just about as bad or worse then the guy who only has 3 games under his belt. He pitched the ball to nobody...He was not in sync with anybody...He looked like the worst NFC East QB to me. But, whatever you want to believe dude.

:dallasuck:dallasuck:dallasuck:dallasuck:dallasuck

As much as I've enjoyed the cowboys' stench, I know the skins aren't miles better at this point like I'd like them to be. However much better than season's past.

Considering that they should be on auto pilot with almost the same lineup that they had last year and having the same offensive and defensive system for several years now.

Skins are starting over both on offense and defense with more than 50% turnover on starters from 2009 to 2010.

I find the Cowboys somewhat similar to the Redskins 2005 playoff team. We started off playing mediocre and then got real hot later in the season, one of the hottest teams in the league, finishing 10-6. We won a playoff game and advanced. We then lost to Seattle. After the season, everyone was thinking we would build upon that red hot finish. We thought that we had a solid playoff team and would only get better in 2006. Everyone was very optimistic.

Well, 2006 came along. We looked like garbage in preseason, going 0-4. Our first string looked terrible. We made tons of excuses, saying Gibbs never did well in preseason. We said everything was very vanilla. We made every excuse in the book. The 2006 season begins and ends. We go 5-11, a year after 10-6 and a playoff win.

There are some differences. Dallas went 11-5 and have won a couple of preseason games. I'm not saying Dallas will go 5-11, but I do think they will have a similar situation like the 2006 Skins. It wouldn't surprise me if Dallas goes 7-9.

No, see, we were 4-12 last year so nothing we do matters. :yes:

Those Redskins were 4-12.

The roster turnover that the Skins have had is remarkable.

I've never seen an offensive line reformed as quickly as Washington did this past season.

Whether all the changes works or not, remains to be seen.

But last year's team was night and this year's is day.

With the exception of a couple of puke fans, many are missing the obvious: the pukes are getting beaten in individual battles.

Discount it as much as you'd like, Kenny, the o-line IS the problem on offense. No holes for rushing. No time for Romo sits to pee.

Scheme or no scheme, the o-line should be pushing out, not collapsing in.

Just the facts.

Those Redskins were 4-12.

The roster turnover that the Skins have had is remarkable.

I've never seen an offensive line reformed as quickly as Washington did this past season.

Whether all the changes works or not, remains to be seen.

But last year's team was night and this year's is day.

Not to mention new GM, HC, DC, OC and a scheme change in defense. The team basically has been completely changed from top to bottom. Defense has issues with stopping the run but is creating and recovering turnovers. Offense has been decent against the best defenses out there.

Seriously though, were a 4-12 team, go ahead and sleep on us. We're terrible.

;)

With the exception of a couple of puke fans, many are missing the obvious: the pukes are getting beaten in individual battles.

Discount it as much as you'd like, Kenny, the o-line IS the problem on offense. No holes for rushing. No time for Romo sits to pee.

Scheme or no scheme, the o-line should be pushing out, not collapsing in.

Just the facts.

We will be getting two starters back for the opener. I think that should help.

Or should I sit here and panic about the preseason?

We will be getting two starters back for the opener. I think that should help.

Or should I sit here and panic about the preseason?

Who have now potentially lost most of the sync they may or may not have had with their other starters. The OLine isn't about 1 guy, its a unit. THAT is the definition of a team and if a team doesn't work together and "learn each other" then they fall apart.

By no means do I think the Cowboys are going to collapse and by no means am I such an extreme Redskins fan that I don't think the Cowboys are talented. They're immensely talented but but it seems like they've bought into their own hype and let the little things go. I think they'll start slow and finish strong as they realize they're NOT the fated SB Champions. Losing to the Redskins (if it happens) I think would be the catalyst to their turn around, if its possible.

Who have now potentially lost most of the sync they may or may not have had with their other starters. The OLine isn't about 1 guy, its a unit. THAT is the definition of a team and if a team doesn't work together and "learn each other" then they fall apart.

By no means do I think the Cowboys are going to collapse and by no means am I such an extreme Redskins fan that I don't think the Cowboys are talented. They're immensely talented but but it seems like they've bought into their own hype and let the little things go. I think they'll start slow and finish strong as they realize they're NOT the fated SB Champions. Losing to the Redskins (if it happens) I think would be the catalyst to their turn around, if its possible.

If any guys will have no trouble assimilating back in, it would be Kosier and Columbo. Cohesion is this lines strength and only Free is new on it.

Archived