Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Mosley: Cowboys-Texans: What did we learn?

If any guys will have no trouble assimilating back in, it would be Kosier and Columbo. Cohesion is this lines strength and only Free is new on it.

Even if they've played together before doesn't mean that they will work well together this year. Look at all the lines that supposedly had "cohesion" that have broken down before. And it doesn't apply just to the line. If cohesion was all that mattered, T.O. would have never left San Fran.

If any guys will have no trouble assimilating back in, it would be Kosier and Columbo. Cohesion is this lines strength and only Free is new on it.

Sure, Kenny. Columbo 'assimilated' really well in the playoff game against Minny when he got back.

:ols:

Too funny.

As bad as Romo sits to pee was yesterday he was not as bad as the other starting QBs for the NFCE this weekend. That is what is giving me hope.
I'd argue that Rex even played better than Romo sits to pee. No INTS or Turnovers from him this weekend. And we're talking about the Jets not the Texans.

rockfans facts are straight. But you could always hope in one hand and well you know what in the other. :ols:

Our second team d was not able to shut down the Texans' first string offense there in the third quarter which is a pretty good indicator of what they will do in the 3 week of the season. I know which team I'm betting on that day.

Um, didn't I read somewhere that the Texans starters out-scored the Dallas starters 23-0?

Oh and then there's this one:

Foster just burned them all night. Simms makes a statement with 5 minutes left in the third quarter that the Cowboys are playing a lot of reserves. I looked up and saw DeMarcus Ware, Ratliff, Anthony Spencer and James all in the game. Second consecutive disgraceful performance for the Cowboys. We'll see if they can flip the switch against the Redskins.

Ken,

Maybe you should try some intelligent comments and some form of objectivity before you go on your typical, emotionally-charged, adolescent rants.

Thanks.

Signed,

ExtremeSkins Fans.

Sure, Kenny. Columbo 'assimilated' really well in the playoff game against Minny when he got back.

:ols:

Too funny.

He came back way too soon off a serious injury (broken bone and high ankle sprain) when he should have been put on IR. We played Minnesota basically without our two starting tackles. Columbo shouldn't have been playing and that was obvious. Adams went down and we had to play a player that had not played LT before. Free played VERY well in place of Columbo the second half of the season, but that was at RT. No way our OL could put forth a great effort against the Vikings defense (a very good one), in a playoff game, on the road without our two starting tackles healthy. It just wasn't gonna happen. How about a little rational football discussion in stead of the hatred. I know we're rival fans, but serious talk instead of smack is a good thing. Try it. You might like it.

He came back way too soon off a serious injury (broken bone and high ankle sprain) when he should have been put on IR. We played Minnesota basically without our two starting tackles. Columbo shouldn't have been playing and that was obvious. Adams went down and we had to play a player that had not played LT before. Free played VERY well in place of Columbo the second half of the season, but that was at RT. No way our OL could put forth a great effort against the Vikings defense (a very good one), in a playoff game, on the road without our two starting tackles healthy. It just wasn't gonna happen. How about a little rational football discussion in stead of the hatred. I know we're rival fans, but serious talk instead of smack is a good thing. Try it. You might like it.

But week one, on the road in as hostile an environment as you're going to see all season, against a rejuvenated defense that's swarming and making plays, starting someone who's barely played LT before in his entire career, and having two brand new OL to throw in the mix (players who haven't played yet and come in week 1 I consider new, because they haven't had time to gel with the rest), they can put forth a great effort after they haven't been able to all preseason?

Sounds like you have some depth issues on the line. Its a good thing you guys addressed this via the draft and offseason :ols:

How about a little rational football discussion in stead of the hatred. I know we're rival fans, but serious talk instead of smack is a good thing. Try it. You might like it.

Um, Kenny tells me Columbo will come back without-missing-a-beat, and I give him an example where that didn't happen.

How exactly is that not a 'rational football discussion?'

I know, I know...puke fans don't like facts.

My apologies.

But week one, on the road in as hostile an environment as you're going to see all season, against a rejuvenated defense that's swarming and making plays, starting someone who's barely played LT before in his entire career, and having two brand new OL to throw in the mix (players who haven't played yet and come in week 1 I consider new, because they haven't had time to gel with the rest), they can put forth a great effort after they haven't been able to all preseason?

Sorry. Your D doesn't put ANYWHERE near the pressure on QBs that Minnesota's does. The Skins aren't the Vikings. They were 12-4 last you. You? 4-12. Yea, I know, I know. It's a new year. That's true, but you still aren't the Vikings. As for our Oline. Free has played very well in preseason. I'm not worried about him one bit. Our other starting tackle will be back for Week 1. Healthy? Don't know yet. Our problem in preseason has been the interior linemen, not the tackles. They have stunk. I believe they will get it together, but maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part. We will see.

Um, Kenny tells me Columbo will come back without-missing-a-beat, and I give him an example where that didn't happen.

How exactly is that not a 'rational football discussion?'

I know, I know...puke fans don't like facts.

My apologies.

He's coming back from a mild knee injury, not a broken leg. Big difference there you have to admit. Columbo should not have played in the playoffs last year. It was a mistake the staff made, IMO. He was not ready to play, especially against a defense of the quality Minnesota has.

Sorry. Your D doesn't put ANYWHERE near the pressure on QBs that Minnesota's does. The Skins aren't the Vikings. They were 12-4 last you. You? 4-12. Yea, I know, I know. It's a new year. That's true, but you still aren't the Vikings. As for our Oline. Free has played very well in preseason. I'm not worried about him one bit. Our other starting tackle will be back for Week 1. Healthy? Don't know yet. Our problem in preseason has been the interior linemen, not the tackles. They have stunk. I believe they will get it together, but maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part. We will see.

By anywhere near, do you mean 8 less sacks than Minny for the year last season when our D coordinator said sacks were overrated and we didn't need them?

Now, bear with me, because I know we were 4-12 last year so I shouldn't be saying one positive word about my team, but we have a new D coordinator that not only has switched our D to a 3-4, but he plans on getting more pressure on the QB. We switched our D primarily for that very reason. He says he wants to blitz from all angles, and guys like Orakpo will be rushing a lot more. 11 sacks for Brian last year. He had one of the highest rush to sack ratio's in the NFL last season. This year he'll be rushing 3 times more often according to plan. And him lining up next to and behind Big AL bodes well for him, woulndn't you say? Of course there will be sacks coming from other spots too, but we'll just have to tune in and see where they come from.

Regarding your Oline and Columbo coming back from injury, I wouldn't be tooting that horn too loudly because I saw him play this preseason. It wasn't pretty. But if you guys are looking forward to him coming back because he's your best option then as a Redskins fan I'm looking forward to his return as well. Good times.

He's coming back from a mild knee injury, not a broken leg. Big difference there you have to admit. Columbo should not have played in the playoffs last year. It was a mistake the staff made, IMO. He was not ready to play, especially against a defense of the quality Minnesota has.

You have 13 posts thus far trying to convince yourself that the Oline is going to be fine and that the Redskins fans should fear Roy Williams and Dez Bryant. You are embarassing to the real Cowboy fans that actually come here and talk football. Those two points would be like me defending Jim Zorn as a quality Head Coach. But go ahead you keep blowing sunshine, sunshine.

btw, Bowling Green Kentucky? What part of Texas were you from?

DSC03369.jpg

Does it matter? I've been a diehard Cowboy fan since 1970. I'm pretty sure every NFL team has fans that do not reside in or originate in the city where the team is located. I've probably been a Dallas fan longer than most on this board have been on the earth.

You have 13 posts thus far trying to convince yourself that the Oline is going to be fine and that the Redskins fans should fear Roy Williams and Dez Bryant. You are embarassing to the real Cowboy fans that actually come here and talk football. Those two points would be like me defending Jim Zorn as a quality Head Coach. But go ahead you keep blowing sunshine, sunshine.

What will you be saying on September 13th?

What will you be saying on September 13th?

seriously if you think that a rookie wr that hasn't played football in over a year is going to just jump into the first nfl game that he has ever played and shred a defense than you are simply a dumbass homer..lol

seriously if you think that a rookie wr that hasn't played football in over a year is going to just jump into the first nfl game that he has ever played and shred a defense than you are simply a dumbass homer..lol

Go back and read my posts. I never said he would step right in and shred any defense. I said he is another weapon, is very talented, and gives defenses something else they have to gameplan for. I'm sure he will make some plays of his own, but the biggest thing is he will open it up for other players as well. I don't think he'll put up great numbers because he's a rookie and because we have a lot of offensive weapons. However, he will be a factor.

Go back and read my posts. I never said he would step right in and shred any defense. I said he is another weapon, is very talented, and gives defenses something else they have to gameplan for. I'm sure he will make some plays of his own, but the biggest thing is he will open it up for other players as well. I don't think he'll put up great numbers because he's a rookie and because we have a lot of offensive weapons. However, he will be a factor.

No one will be gameplanning for Dez Bryant this year. He has even less time practicing with the Cowboys offense this year than Malcolm Kelly did in the preseason (and that's a hard thing to do) and you're saying people are going to be gameplanning for him?

To have someone gameplan for you, you need to be proven to be one of the best in the business. Andre Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Brandon Marshall, Randy Moss, and maybe Chad Ochocinco are the only receivers in the game today that a defense has to actively gameplan against.

On the Cowboys offense, the only player coordinators will gameplan against is Witten. You take him away, and your only real threat in the passing game is a guy coming off of a career year.

I've read the board off and on for the past few years, but I've never felt the urge to post here or on any other rival team's boards. I just haven't had the time nor the desire, but I registered recently since we're playing the first game of the season. I know that EVERY sports board has its homers and trash talking is what it is. However, here's what I've noticed about this board. Most, but not all, of the posters pretty much trash everything Dallas whether it's based in any fact or any type of reality. I know, I know, it's your board and I'm a visiting rival fan. I get that, and I know we all have high hopes for our team when a new season arrives. But some of you guys (a few in particular) act like we just came off a 2-14 season and you came off a Super Bowl win. I think the Skins will be improved, but not nearly as much as some of you think. Why? Several reasons. You have a new everything!!!! Coach, GM, QB, defensive coordinator and scheme, etc. Now, considering your performance the past few years, most of you consider this a good thing. I do to, but not right off the bat. There will be some growing pains, particularly considering your're running an entirely new defensive scheme, and I'm not sure you have the personnel to run it that well right now. You've got some of the pieces, but not all. Also, who on your offense scares opposing defenses? Your receivers are below average, your RBs are past their prime, and your Oline (like ours) is not exactly the Hogs of the 80's. Rookie LT? Might turn out to be a great one, but he's still a rookie. Cooley is very good, but he doesn't have a lot to compliment him in the passing game. McNabb has been a very good QB, but like your running backs, I think his best years might be behind him (I admit I could be wrong, but I think the percentages are on my side). He seems to get hurt quite often, and he is not very accurate.

The Cowboys have a lot of talent on both sides of the ball. They have elite players in Ware, Witten, and Ratliff. They have extremely good players in Romo sits to pee, Austin, Felix Jones, Spencer, Newman, Jenkins, etc. We won the division last year and kicked the crap out of Philly two weeks in a row, including the playoffs. We looked bad against the Vikings because we were on the road, our Oline was not healthy, and we were simply out played. But, considering last year and the two team's rosters, how can some of you guys think we're gonna fall off the cliff and the Skins are gonna rise up and take the division? Like I said in another post, hoping something happens and really believing it are two different things.

No one will be gameplanning for Dez Bryant this year. He has even less time practicing with the Cowboys offense this year than Malcolm Kelly did in the preseason (and that's a hard thing to do) and you're saying people are going to be gameplanning for him?

To have someone gameplan for you, you need to be proven to be one of the best in the business. Andre Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Brandon Marshall, Randy Moss, and maybe Chad Ochocinco are the only receivers in the game today that a defense has to actively gameplan against.

On the Cowboys offense, the only player coordinators will gameplan against is Witten. You take him away, and your only real threat in the passing game is a guy coming off of a career year.

Yea, you're right. What was I thinking. We were only the second ranked offense last year and added the best WR in the rookie class. Felix Jones, Barber, Williams, Crayton, etc. are among the worst at their positions in the league. I'd much rather have the Skin's skilled players ;). We're doomed. Probably won't be able to move the ball at all. Why don't we just go ahead and forfeit the season. By the way, I hope opposing defenses do just ignore Bryant. I really do.

Archived