Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Mosley: Cowboys-Texans: What did we learn?

If you read enough on the board, Star, you'll find that there are a lot of posters here (I like to think I'm one of them ;)) that speak from experience and don't just "trash everything Dallas whether it's based in any fact or any type of reality." You'll find the opposite is true.

As for your post, having talent and having it come together are two completely different things. We are going off of what has become a pattern for Dallas-have one of the most talented on-paper teams in the league and yet stink down the stretch. You can claim injury all you want, but you forget that Philly's line in the playoff game was trashed more than yours in the Minnesota game. Dallas, despite all its immense talent, has mustered up all of one playoff win in the past 12 years, and you have a meddling owner (which up to this past offseason, so did we) and a coach who has one career playoff win.

Despite the Redskins having a new everything, all indications are that most everything has gelled to the point where everyone is comfortable in the new schemes (offense and defense). You don't know if our RBs are past their prime yet. Portis has put up over 1000 yards in every season save the two he was injured in. Johnson has shown that in short bursts he can be deadly, which is how we are going to use him. Most all of our receivers can catch almost everything and the offensive system is designed to get people open. Our rookie LT has done well against two of the better pass rushers in the league (Suggs and Jason Taylor).

And your offensive line has been much less than impressive this preseason. Romo sits to pee has hardly gotten any time to throw at all.

Yea, you're right. What was I thinking. We were only the second ranked offense last year and added the best WR in the rookie class. Felix Jones, Barber, Williams, Crayton, etc. are among the worst at their positions in the league. I'd much rather have the Skin's skilled players ;). We're doomed. Probably won't be able to move the ball at all. Why don't we just go ahead and forfeit the season. By the way, I hope opposing defenses do just ignore Bryant. I really do.

Did I say they were among the worst at their positions? Did I say defenses are just going to ignore Bryant? Hardly. I just said that no one is going to be gameplanning for them, which is true.

What's also true? That your super three running backs last game against the Texans were able to muster up 9 whole yards rushing for the whole game. Your O Line has problems. Your coach is going to play his starters in the last preseason game. That doesn't shout out confidence to me.

Does it matter? I've been a diehard Cowboy fan since 1970. I'm pretty sure every NFL team has fans that do not reside in or originate in the city where the team is located. I've probably been a Dallas fan longer than most on this board have been on the earth.

Me included.

And I'm a Skins fan from South Carolina, so I got no problem with you (other than you actually liking the Cowgirls!).

Yea, you're right. What was I thinking. We were only the second ranked offense last year and added the best WR in the rookie class.

Opinion's are like *******s. His draft status didn't reflect him being the "best WR in the rookie class".

what i don't get is that puke fans are so damn stupid..over at cz they think that the first offensive play they are going to run is a bomb to dez for a touchdown..lol

do they actually think that line is going to give them enough time for a five or seven step drop? what the **** are they smoking?

what i don't get is that puke fans are so damn stupid..over at cz they think that the first offensive play they are going to run is a bomb to dez for a touchdown..lol

do they actually think that line is going to give them enough time for a five or seven step drop? what the **** are they smoking?

If they try that Romo sits to pee is either getting sacked and slammed, or someone's getting their first interception of the year.

If you read enough on the board, Star, you'll find that there are a lot of posters here (I like to think I'm one of them ;)) that speak from experience and don't just "trash everything Dallas whether it's based in any fact or any type of reality." You'll find the opposite is true.

As for your post, having talent and having it come together are two completely different things. We are going off of what has become a pattern for Dallas-have one of the most talented on-paper teams in the league and yet stink down the stretch. You can claim injury all you want, but you forget that Philly's line in the playoff game was trashed more than yours in the Minnesota game. Dallas, despite all its immense talent, has mustered up all of one playoff win in the past 12 years, and you have a meddling owner (which up to this past offseason, so did we) and a coach who has one career playoff win.

Despite the Redskins having a new everything, all indications are that most everything has gelled to the point where everyone is comfortable in the new schemes (offense and defense). You don't know if our RBs are past their prime yet. Portis has put up over 1000 yards in every season save the two he was injured in. Johnson has shown that in short bursts he can be deadly, which is how we are going to use him. Most all of our receivers can catch almost everything and the offensive system is designed to get people open. Our rookie LT has done well against two of the better pass rushers in the league (Suggs and Jason Taylor).

And your offensive line has been much less than impressive this preseason. Romo sits to pee has hardly gotten any time to throw at all.

I will definitely agree with you on at least part of this post. The Cowboys have underachieved in the past few seasons. I think a part of it has to do with chemistry. On PAPER we looked like the team to beat at the beginning of 2008, but we had way too many "characters" on the team that apparently disrupted the locker room. I can only go by what I read, but the fact that most of those guys were not brought back the following year seems to support that reasoning. We also have a good share of injuries in 2008, but that's another story. Everyone has injuries. WE didn't deal with them very well. Last year most of the so-called experts (actually almost all of them) predicted we'd finish 3rd in the East and not make the playoffs. We actually overachieved last year if you want to look at predictions and not talent. Frankly, I don't really care about predictions. They're nothing more than opinions, just like mine, yours, and everyone else's. The bottom line is we have the talent to make a run this year. We will need some luck, better coaching, and the desire to live up to expectations. We'll start finding out on September 12th.

Did I say they were among the worst at their positions? Did I say defenses are just going to ignore Bryant? Hardly. I just said that no one is going to be gameplanning for them, which is true.

What's also true? That your super three running backs last game against the Texans were able to muster up 9 whole yards rushing for the whole game. Your O Line has problems. Your coach is going to play his starters in the last preseason game. That doesn't shout out confidence to me.

At this point, our Oline looks bad. We have been playing without two starters. That has to make at least some difference. How much I'm not sure. As for playing our starters tomorrow night, Phillps said maybe a few of them, but not most. I know Romo sits to pee, Bryant, and some others will not play. Not sure how many will play. Those that do play probably won't play very much. Our offense has not looked good during preseason. That's not up for debate. I don't know how much it has to do with running a "vanilla" offense, lack of desire to play preseason games, poor execution, poor decision making, or fatigue. Not sure the coaching staff knows for sure. I'm pretty sure it's not a lack of talent. If the team performs like it should, preseason will be quickly forgotten. If it gets off to a slow start, that's all anyone will talk about.

Opinion's are like *******s. His draft status didn't reflect him being the "best WR in the rookie class".

I'm pretty sure you actually know some teams passed on Bryant due to his so-called off field issues, which in reality didn't exist. He got suspended from college football because he lied to the NCAA when he thought he did something he shouldn't have done. In reality, what he did wasn't against any rules, but he got smacked for lying about it. Pretty much everyone that watches or follows college football is aware Bryant was the highest ranked WR coming out of college this past year.

OMG!

Who the **** is Dez? He can't even carry that pathetic WR Roy Williams' pad off the field. Prima Donna...on a prima donna team.

If your ****ing pukes are so ****ing good, why haven't they even SNIFFED the SB in the last five years? They're an average football team that has benefited from a lack of serious injuries. Look what happened to them in Minny when they had a number of injured players.

I know, I know, puke football players' **** doesn't stink.

What was I thinking.

Shining Star, please, other than your opinion and a single playoff win in the last dozen years, what makes you think your team won't get pawned again by Minny or GB or NO this year?

I'm thinking we sweep you this year.

Now, how's that for a feeling?

You have a suspect secondary...when Brooking doesn't play, you get gashed for long runs...and Where is the most over-rated defensive player in the NFL. I won't even go into your offense issues, because the WHOLE FRIGGIN' FREE WORLD is well aware of them.

:ols:

OMG!

Who the **** is Dez? He can't even carry that pathetic WR Roy Williams' pad off the field. Prima Donna...on a prima donna team.

If your ****ing pukes are so ****ing good, why haven't they even SNIFFED the SB in the last five years? They're an average football team that has benefited from a lack of serious injuries. Look what happened to them in Minny when they had a number of injured players.

I know, I know, puke football players' **** doesn't stink.

What was I thinking.

Shining Star, please, other than your opinion and a single playoff win in the last dozen years, what makes you think your team won't get pawned again by Minny or GB or NO this year?

I'm thinking we sweep you this year.

Now, how's that for a feeling?

You have a suspect secondary...when Brooking doesn't play, you get gashed for long runs...and Where is the most over-rated defensive player in the NFL. I won't even go into your offense issues, because the WHOLE FRIGGIN' FREE WORLD is well aware of them.

:ols:

oh you didn't hear that dez was inducted into the hof because he tore up that ****ty ass defense in dallas during traing camp:ols:

TR1, I've read your posts on here for the past couple of years and one thing is for sure. No one in their right mind can take anything you post serious. I know you post for effect, but really, the fact that you continue to post that Ware is overrated makes most of the Skins' fans on here laugh at you. I've seen many of them call you out about this and other things you've posted. I mean, I get what you're trying to do, but posts like those about Ware are so over the top that it just gets ridiculous.

Let me ask you a serious question. You think the Skins will actually sweep us this year???? O.K. Based on what? What skilled players on your offense are better than the ones on the Dallas roster? Name one receiver you have that is better than Austin. Name one RB you have that is better than Barber or Jones. Portis was once very good and he's still O.K., but he's past his prime. Cooley is very good, but not as good as Witten. You do not have ONE single player on defense that terrorizes offenses like Ware, and Spencer is coming into his own. Same for Ratliff. You have an extremely overpaid DT that plays when he wants to and you're installing a completely new defensive scheme. Your Oline is no better than ours. Neither are strengths.

Do you want to make a bet about the games between the two teams this season? How about a bet about which team ends up with the best record? Well, how bout it?

Does it matter? I've been a diehard Cowboy fan since 1970. I'm pretty sure every NFL team has fans that do not reside in or originate in the city where the team is located. I've probably been a Dallas fan longer than most on this board have been on the earth.

Yeah it matters, you rooted for the Cowboys because they were the deal back then, so what. Go outside and use the bathroom, shave your teeth and jump start your truck, the Cowboys still suck. :dallasuck

He's coming back from a mild knee injury, not a broken leg. Big difference there you have to admit. Columbo should not have played in the playoffs last year. It was a mistake the staff made(same mistake prone staff), IMO. He was not ready to play(still won't be), especially against a defense of the quality Minnesota has.

Go back and read my posts. I never said he would step right in and shred any defense. I said he is another weapon, is very talented, and gives defenses something else they have to gameplan for. I'm sure he will make some plays of his own, but the biggest thing is he will open it up for other players as well. I don't think he'll put up great numbers because he's a rookie and because we have a lot of offensive weapons. However, he will be a factor.

I am sure teams are sitting in meetings right now dreaming up ways to stop Dez and Roy Williams, yeah like sacking the crap out of Romo sits to pee.

Yeah it matters, you rooted for the Cowboys because they were the deal back then, so what. Go outside and use the bathroom, shave your teeth and jump start your truck, the Cowboys still suck. :dallasuck

Know your history. I became a Dallas Cowboy fan before they won their first Super Bowl.

TR1, I've read your posts on here for the past couple of years and one thing is for sure. No one in their right mind can take anything you post serious. I know you post for effect, but really, the fact that you continue to post that Ware is overrated makes most of the Skins' fans on here laugh at you. I've seen many of them call you out about this and other things you've posted. I mean, I get what you're trying to do, but posts like those about Ware are so over the top that it just gets ridiculous.

SS, why don't you do us a favor, since you're so smart. Why don't you realize that your pathetic attempt to get kind words from Skins' fans about your team because you're so insecure about it won't work...no matter how hard you try. :ols:

Where benefits from scheme AND the good play of at least one other guy on the line. At first it was Ellis...now, it's Ratliff. If you don't believe me, take a look at his stats in games neither of them played in.

Then, get back to me.

Let me ask you a serious question. You think the Skins will actually sweep us this year???? O.K. Based on what?

Yes. I used the same methodology as you've used to think Dez is a GREAT player.

Satisfied?

What skilled players on your offense are better than the ones on the Dallas roster?

All of them, except for a couple of players I don't care to discuss right now.

Name one receiver you have that is better than Austin.

Moss...and, Cooley.

Name one RB you have that is better than Barber or Jones.

The one on our team who's gone over 1,000 yards several times in his career. You do know you don't have one of those, don't you?

You do not have ONE single player on defense that terrorizes offenses like Ware, and Spencer is coming into his own.

We have two. You name them.

You have an extremely overpaid DT that plays when he wants to and you're installing a completely new defensive scheme.

Yes, and you have an overpaid WR that plays when he wants to...can you name him?

Your Oline is no better than ours. Neither are strengths.

Wrong. Ours is much better at this time.

Do you want to make a bet about the games between the two teams this season? How about a bet about which team ends up with the best record? Well, how bout it?

I don't bet on ES anymore.

Now, do you have anything better than what you think to match what I think? If not, please take a hike.

Thanks, in advance.

Sorry. Your D doesn't put ANYWHERE near the pressure on QBs that Minnesota's does.

Funny...we had 40 sacks as a team, 8 less then the Vikings, and 2 less then the Cowboys...40 sacks sounds like pressure on the QB to me...

Of course this isn't "ANYWHERE..." near the pressure the Vikings or the almighty Cowgirls get...we are clearly far more inferior...and clearly have no one capable of putting pressure on the QB...

No one wants to be your little horn tooting buddy here...get a clue.

SS, why don't you do us a favor, since you're so smart. Why don't you realize that your pathetic attempt to get kind words from Skins' fans about your team because you're so insecure about it won't work...no matter how hard you try. :ols:

Where benefits from scheme AND the good play of at least one other guy on the line. At first it was Ellis...now, it's Ratliff. If you don't believe me, take a look at his stats in games neither of them played in.

Then, get back to me.

Yes. I used the same methodology as you've used to think Dez is a GREAT player.

Satisfied?

All of them, except for a couple of players I don't care to discuss right now.

Moss...and, Cooley.

The one on our team who's gone over 1,000 yards several times in his career. You do know you don't have one of those, don't you?

We have two. You name them.

Yes, and you have an overpaid WR that plays when he wants to...can you name him?

Wrong. Ours is much better at this time.

I don't bet on ES anymore.

Now, do you have anything better than what you think to match what I think? If not, please take a hike.

Thanks, in advance.

First off, I'm not searching for "kind" words and I do not care what you think. Why should I? I'm just attempting to discuss the upcoming season with some NFL fans. But, I know from your posting history that it's impossible with you. Not an insult, just a fact. You don't want to discuss anything with a Dallas fan. No big deal. As far as Ware is concerned, I guess myself and the rest of the football world are wrong and you are right. :ols: Of course he benefits from scheme. So does every other NFL player. SMART coaches put their best players in the best position to be successful. Disagree? If so, please explain. As far as Ellis is concerned, he was a good player. Not great. He benefited as much or more from Ware as vise versa. Ratliff is a great player in his own right. However, who's to say the he doesn't benefit more from Ware's presence than vise versa? Personally, I don't care. They're both Pro Bowlers and among the best at their positions in the league. I'll take that.

Now to Dez Bryant. Obviously you just jumped into this thread without reading my posts. NO WHERE have I said Bryant is great. I said he is talented and will be a contributor. However, I also said he's a rookie and there's no way to know exactly what to expect. He could have a Randy Moss type rookie year. He could have a Miles Austin type rookie year. He might wind up being a HOFer. He might be a bust. No one knows at this point. You, however, seem convinced (how I have no idea) that he is just another overrated Dallas player (since all DAllas players are obviously overrated). Now, who exactly is proclaiming they know everything?

Moss and Cooley? Moss was a very good player. He killed us several times. He's not that player any more. You know it and I know it. You have nothing else at WR. Cooley is very good. He's not as good, or at most, not any better than Witten.

Roy Williams? It's not exactly a secret he hasn't lived up to expectations. Overpaid? You bet. Still a good servicable receiver? You bet. I actually expect him to have a better season this year and Austin's numbers to drop a bit. Why? Austin will get more attention this year and Bryant will take some of the receptions away.

Felix Jones will be the focus of the running game this year. As long as he stays healthy, he will most likley end up with more carries than Barber. I also love having Choice (who I personally think is our best "all around" RB). Nice luxury to have. Portis is past his prime. His numbers speak for themself. Once one of the better backs in the league. Not that guy any more. If you disagree, tell me why.

You do not have any player on your defense that is Ware's equal. Arakpo is good and will get better and better. He is not DeMarcus Ware. At least not yet. If you're talking about Haynesworth, please. Don't bring that weak stuff. I'd take Ratliff over him any day of the week, and so would every other team in the league. Haynesworth = head case. Ratliff = All Pro blue collar player that is a team leader. If it's Fletcher, again, a very good player, but isn't he 35 or so? I know you've said some things about the age of a certain starting Dallas LBer. Same thing applies to Fletcher.

Your Oline is a question mark, just like ours. You might not think so, but it is. It might end up being better, it might not. However, you don't know one way or another at this point.

Last thing. Why don't you bet? I'm not talking $. Maybe Sigs?????

Funny...we had 40 sacks as a team, 8 less then the Vikings, and 2 less then the Cowboys...40 sacks sounds like pressure on the QB to me...

Of course this isn't "ANYWHERE..." near the pressure the Vikings or the almighty Cowgirls get...we are clearly far more inferior...and clearly have no one capable of putting pressure on the QB...

No one wants to be your little horn tooting buddy here...get a clue.

Sacks don't tell the whole picture. Consistent and constant pressure does. Sacks are simply one result of pressure. Forcing quick, off target throws or interceptions are just as important. You know that, or at least you should. Are you really telling me you think your defensive front was as good as the Vikings last year? I don't think so. Your overall defense was good, but you didn't have a great pressure defense by any means.

Archived