Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Monday- Aug 23rd Tweets

texasthunder

Both Doughty and Horton will be fine as platoons for a game or two (or more). I mean, has the defense been the problem the last couple of years? They have both played a lot and they both do just fine when they are healthy.

Look, I hope the guy is our starting FS for the next 5+ years, but what exactly has Kareem Moore done to date to warrant this type of worry over a one month injury (when there is not a game that means jack squat for another 3 weeks)?

Knock on wood, but the real story so far of this preseason, is that our starters have about 30-40 minutes of football left to play before the opener and our biggest injury, by far, is an MCL to a safety three weeks before the opener. An early congrats to Shanahan and the strength and conditioning staff for very low injury offseason to date.

Carter is the better safety than Clinton Hart IMO. I saw a few games of Pittsburgh last year and looked pretty solid in the times I watched. Hart though when I saw him looked overagressive and was burned on a few pass plays.

You think landry get beat in coverage at FS, haven't seen nothing yet with Carter, he can bring it, just can't cover...but he does have time with the 3-4 though. Carter should be alright, just think Hart will be better since he played with Haslett

1. edskinsInsider
    Trent Williams (forearm) appeared to be participating. And so was Albert Haynesworth (rhobdomyolysis... or something). 7 minutes ago via web

[*] RItwitter_bigger_normal.jpg RedskinsInsider

Mike Sellers and Malcolm Kelly also not participating. Kareem Moore not present 9 minutes ago via mobile web

[*] RItwitter_bigger_normal.jpg RedskinsInsider

Donovan McNabb wasn't participating in the portion of practice open to media. Appeared to have protective air cast on left ankle 10 minutes ago via mobile web

WHAT?!?! If RD had started ahead of Laron we would have won two more games last year because of how mind numbingly bad LL is in deep coverage. RD will be fine back there becasue he plays his assignments well. He won't be outstanding because he doesn't have the tools but he will be where he is suposed to be.

Talk about selective memory.

Please see the 2007 season from the moment that Taylor went down.

Doughty is the best. Doughty sucks. Doughty is the best. Doughty sucks. Doughty is the best. Doughty sucks. Doughty is the best. Doughty sucks. This is extremeskins.

Doughty is a strong safety. His coverage skills are average at best, though that's being a bit nice. He's an absolutely terrible free safety. Horton's the same thing. If Landry is the ss, then Doughty and Horton have no business on the field.

Donovan McNabb-QB- Redskins Aug. 23 - 1:20 pm et

Donovan McNabb is being held out of Monday's practice with a sore ankle.

McNabb is sporting a walking boot, thought it's believed to be purely for precautionary reasons. Though he was beat up by the Ravens defense on Saturday's, there's no indication that he'll be held out of this weeks' game. Consider him day-to-day unless we hear otherwise.

Source: Jason LaCanfora on Twitter

Chris Draft-LB- Redskins Aug. 23 - 1:08 pm et

Redskins released LB Chris Draft.

The 34-year-old played under defensive coordinator Jim Haslett in St. Louis, but he has little left in the tank at this point. He may resurface elsewhere as an injury fill-in as he did with the Bills late last year.

Source: Chris Russell on Twitter

You can't possibly believe when both of their heads are on straight, and both are healthy, that Jenkins is better than Haynesworth could you?

Well one of the two is well-documented to never have his head on straight or be "healthy." Guess which one. :)

Agreed the last time he was a true FS for us he was burned completely by Terrell Owens and the Dallas Cowboys. I hope he doesn't play a lot of FS for us and allow Laron or someone else to cover back there

But when was that? Over two years ago? It is almost a lifetime ago for Doughty.

RedskinsInsider

To make room for Tyrone Carter, the Redskins have released linebacker Chris Draft 1 minute ago via web

I thought we had an extra roster spot from putting Furrey on IR?

Donovan McNabb-QB- Redskins Aug. 23 - 1:20 pm et

Donovan McNabb is being held out of Monday's practice with a sore ankle.

McNabb is sporting a walking boot, thought it's believed to be purely for precautionary reasons. Though he was beat up by the Ravens defense on Saturday's, there's no indication that he'll be held out of this weeks' game. Consider him day-to-day unless we hear otherwise.

Wonder if Mcnabb don't practice this week....would his first action be in the 3rd like Albert was?

I'll go ahead and blame the Ravens dirty tackling for this...

2010-08-22%2014.45.22.jpg

Kareem Moore-DB-Redskins Aug. 23 - 1:59 pm et

Redskins FS Kareem Moore reportedly underwent a "simple scope" on his right knee Monday morning.

The procedure was described as "definitely not season ending," and initial estimates had Moore missing 4-6 weeks with an MCL sprain. It's not known if the timetable remains the same following surgery. Reed Doughty is expected to get the first shot to replace Moore in the starting lineup.

Source: Chris Russell on Twitter

Related: Reed Doughty

Archived