Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

AP: Cowboys OK with 2 backups blocking for Romo

tr1

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/football/nfl/wires/08/20/2020.ap.fbn.cowboys.patchwork.line.0234/

OXNARD, Calif. (AP) -On the opening drive of their last preseason game, the Dallas Cowboys' offensive line missed enough blocks to get Tony Romo sits to pee sacked three times.

Now the Cowboys are about to face a San Diego defense that blitzed Chicago so often and so well that the Bears pulled starter Jay Cutler earlier than they'd planned.

And, Dallas will play the Chargers on Saturday night using two backups on the offensive line.

Coach Wade Phillips said Friday he plans on using his starters for "pretty close to a half'' against the Chargers.

Montrae Holland is replacing Kyle Kosier at left guard, and Robert Brewster is replacing Marc Colombo at right tackle.

Despite their talent, I don't see the Cowboys being contenders for the Superbowl until they fire Phillips, and until Jerry gives up his GM duties. Hire one. It'll do wonders, trust us.

But I'd much rather NONE of that happen for you Cowboys fans.

Romo sits to pee's already 30, and time flies. If Jerry doesn't get a GM and new Head Coach within a year or two, Romo sits to pee will be in the twilight of his career before you know it. And then you'll be really ****ed.

Ken, Ken can you hear this, it is about to turn tragic. Romo sits to pee running for his life? Well maybe not Norv wouldn't know an oppourtunity to take advantage of an opponent to save his life.

Guaranteed Romo sits to pee doesn't take a beating. If he starts to, he will be pulled.

Brewster will get help I'm sure and Holland isn't bad, so i don't see the problem.

This article makes it sound like Romo sits to pee was getting walloped before he completed his drop last game. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Romo sits to pee has always made the OL look better than it was due to his mobility and ridiculously quick release. He's just going to have to do it at an even bigger scale.

This is very true, but he's always had good protection to begin with, good pass rushers disrupt the release of the best QBs in the game. The girls will see what he's really made of this year.

Guaranteed Romo sits to pee doesn't take a beating. If he starts to, he will be pulled.

Brewster will get help I'm sure and Holland isn't bad, so i don't see the problem.

This article makes it sound like Romo sits to pee was getting walloped before he completed his drop last game. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Yeah, but Tony is playing the entire first half right? Pulling him early is "LIKE" embarassing.

It was said that it all begins with the linemen.

Well, then it all ends with the linemen.

I think Romo sits to pee is going to get pressured more then ever this year as the weakness on their OL is so apparent and not being addressed. They made a mistake and we shall soon see how big of a mistake it is.

HTTR!

The Chargers like to blitz, so the Cowboys OL better be ready for a lot of that. I suspect its going to be an interesting game.

Our defense does too...

Ours is also a little better than theirs. So they can blitz all they want but I'm sure we will return the favor.

Our defense does too...

Ours is also a little better than theirs. So they can blitz all they want but I'm sure we will return the favor.

We should find out in a few hours, who blitz's best. :ols:

ESPN- Chargers' coordinator: We're blitzing Romo sits to pee

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/17107/chargers-dc-were-blitzing-Romo sits to pee

btw Ken I like your TJ quotes....

Archived