Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

So, I'm here in London and I decided to hit a pub and have a couple of pints, get some grub and watch the Wales-Portugal match.  I'm sitting there watching this good looking blonde try and score a table for her and her friends.  I'm at a large table by myself, so finally they bring over some chairs, introduce themselves and sit down.  When i say I'm from DC, the blonde says she knows a Caps player.  When i ask who, she says she went to the prom with Karl Alzner.  Turns out she's from Vancouver spending a couple of weeks in Europe.  Her friend asks me who I'm pulling for and I say Wales.  She shakes her head in disgust as she is from Portugal.  Anyway, had a couple of pints, met some interesting people, so who cares that Wales lost.

• Like 3

I am going to REALLY hate these Friday night fixtures. 

But on the flip side nothing can wipe this big ass smile off my face: 

Follow

Follow Tony Barrett Verified account@https://twitter.com/TonyBarretTimes

Less than nine months after he joined them, Liverpool are ready to hand Jurgen Klopp a new long term contract. Talks are underway.

Hail. 

I am going to REALLY hate these Friday night fixtures. 

Hail. 

Premier League fixtures live on Sky Sports: First set of 2016/17 games announced | Football News | Sky Sports

And THAT is why I'm going to hate Friday nights! Heard last night on the TV changes, with Chelsea away being a frigging Friday. Now they confirm it. 

Thanks a bunch SKY. Hearing the Leicester home opener will be a 5:30 PM BST the Sat'day whenever BT get around to it too.

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Neverlasting German arrogance again

cdux4WT.jpg

LOL, last time I checked Griezmann scored the goal that sent Atletico to the final vs Neuer.

And yes, "the door wasn't closed"

Today you could see Hummels, Khedira and Gomez training for the final !

I know we had on the fans side our moments of arrogance, but those Germans beat us hands down.

Why don't we just hand them the cup and get it over with ?

Here a totally different, and of course classy headline

nRDgHIl.jpg

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 1

THE ANFIELD WRAP Retweeted

Bournemouth have £15m bid accepted for Jordon Ibe. Lvpl give player permission to speak.

That would be a fantastic deal.

Never thought we'd get anything like £15 million now for a bit part player. And if there's say a £20 million buy back clause, or a big sell on percentage, then if he does regain his confidence and fulfil his undoubted potential we benefit greatly there. Just say to him look mate, our games have gone down from 63 to being lucky if we play 50 this year, so the games aren't there for you. But the doors still open. Go down Bournemouth, work hard, play regularly, and there's still a way back to Anfield with the buy back. Big incentive for both Jordan and Bournemouth to push his development to make a tidy profit. 

Great business again this summer. We could potentially be looking at £70/80 million or so in unwanted/ bench players departing here with the likes of Allen, Benteke, Ballo, Ibe and Skrtel going. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

ManU ready to dump €117 mil for Pogba including a €350 000 per week salary :rolleyes::lol:

Saw that this morning.

Wonder how Juve feel about it?  Serie A isn't exactly competitive and that money could certainly help them.

How are you feeling about today?  I have a 2-1 or 2-2 feeling about today with France going through - even on pens.

Gosh, is he really worth that much? I haven't seen him play with his club, but was not impressed at all during the euros. Funny Man United let him go for free.

He's the most overrated player in the world in my opinion.

Gosh, is he really worth that much? I haven't seen him play with his club, but was not impressed at all during the euros. Funny Man United let him go for free.

Is anyone worth the ridiculous fees now? To be fair to United, with the astronomical Adidas contract, they'll hardly feel it. Plus they'll recoup massively through merchandise and licensing rights. Pogba's a money making machine. 

I actually think he's got everything to be one of the top players in World football. Just needs honing and discipline which will come with better coaching. Frightening to think how he could dominate midfields in England right now without improvement. Perfect size/ strength/ attribute combo. 

Hail. 

I think what's more important to United is that he's young and he's a name (ref: Pogba).

Is anyone worth the ridiculous fees now? To be fair to United, with the astronomical Adidas contract, they'll hardly feel it. Plus they'll recoup massively through merchandise and licensing rights. Pogba's a money making machine. 

I actually think he's got everything to be one of the top players in World football. Just needs honing and discipline which will come with better coaching. Frightening to think how he could dominate midfields in England right now without improvement. Perfect size/ strength/ attribute combo. 

Hail. 

Yeah, that's fair... we did just get 15 million for Jordon Ibe.

He's the most overrated player in the world in my opinion.

Sibling rivalry at it's finest haha. 

But I win as I have the cool ass accent and no more about the beautiful game first hand than junior! And he just likes to try nark me by taking the opposing view so don't listen to him!

Hail. 

We'll disagree on his ability.  And you want to talk about Phil disappearing?

Sibling rivalry at it's finest haha. 

But I win as I have the cool ass accent and no more about the beautiful game first hand than junior! And he just likes to try nark me by taking the opposing view so don't listen to him!

Hail. 

Stick to your defense.

Look, I'm not going to down Pogba any more today.  It's a big one for France.

• Like 1

We'll disagree on his ability.  And you want to talk about Phil disappearing?

Stick to your defense.

I will when Germany are out and we bag Hector!

The crazy German has found the solution to the Phil dilemma in Mane ..... More space created for and less attention on the likes of Phil and Firmino by the very nature of Sadio's game should hopefully work wonders for his consistency exploiting said space and doing his thing. 

Team building. It's not all about big names and big money. 

Look, I'm not going to down Pogba any more today.  It's a big one for France.

SEE! NOW the little **** is putting up my all time favourite flick that he knows ALWAYS get's me! Underhand little ****!

I HATE him! But I aren't allowed to kill him or I lose the family silver! Life is SO unfair! 

Hail. 

• Like 1

SEE! NOW the little **** is putting up my all time favourite flick that he knows ALWAYS get's me! Underhand little ****!

I HATE him! But I aren't allowed to kill him or I lose the family silver! Life is SO unfair! 

Hail. 

OUR all time favorite*

Always thinking about yourself.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A Bit of An Animal @leemullin1 3m3 minutes ago

@5inaRowHereWeGo not as good as our own " Brendanbeu" 1f602.png1f602.png1f602.pngpic.twitter.com/M9DCIjhHEQ

Cmw9R_jWcAE-stj.jpg

IF THIS IS REAL IT'S AMAZING!

• Like 1

Anfield Chat @TheAnfieldChat 4m4 minutes ago

With the Firmino deal done Liverpool will now look to compete a €30m deal for Mateo Kovacic. (Di Marzio)

Also... fwiw... we bought a young Uragyuan attacking mid from Ajax a few years back who turned into a pretty good forward. 

I think Firmino can play the 9.  If not, you move Coutinho back with Can and Henderson can play out on the RM of the attack.

I'm right so often that I don't know why I do this from time to time... but on this one I caught flack. 

So enjoy:

Empire of the Kop @empireofthekop 51m51 minutes ago

Still feel Madrid will swoop in at the last second but even they may balk at 120 million+

I really think Woodward has been looking to make a statement signing over the last few years and this is one of the best opportunities to do so  after bringing in a celebrity manager along with Ibra and Mkhitaryan. Think there's sentiment if we want to be a top 4 club in the world still we need to have some superstars not named Wayne ****ing Rooney. Our best player by a wide margin is a goalkeeper FFS.

• Like 1