Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Nothing against the run-up, but he had no idea what he was going to do with it.

Similar run-ups have been scored easily:

I'd say the latter two. Losing Hummels will definitely hurt though.

Wonder if he'll slide Howedes in side and play Emre on that side?

Low and Rodgers have that in common don't they?

Amazing to think that Germany's 3 missed penalties were more than what they had missed in shoot outs in their entire history.

So, do we think Iceland can take this one to extra-time or not....

Oh I think France makes quick work of them today.

Takuma Asano... Means moi worries....

( sung to hakuna Matata )

Arsene's been rumored to be trying everything to get his side to sack up.

This guy was brought in for one reason only.

Wonder if he'll slide Howedes in side and play Emre on that side?

Low and Rodgers have that in common don't they?

Doubt it giving the way they started the tournament whilst Hummels was regaining his fitness. The dude from Valencia who most bitters didn't even know started at Everton at centre half. 

Haven't got a clue what the Can thing is all about given Low was playing him the important last few qualifiers and friendlies. But he's a World Champion coach heading for a second successive major who knows his squad FAR better than I so who am I to question him?

At least Emre will be well rested by the time he joins up with the rest of the boys the States. Presuming he doesn't get selected for the Olympics which would really sting early. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

Amazing to think that Germany's 3 missed penalties were more than what they had missed in shoot outs in their entire history.

So, do we think Iceland can take this one to extra-time or not....

Agreed, but they managed to win all of their last 6 pk shootout, while Italy has lost all of their last 6. :o

Edit: Krychowiak and Meunier signed by the evil empire.

Edited by FrFan

Time to call off the dogs. Wish we had more opposition from Iceland. Their players are obviously tired, they're not moving as fast as they used to.

For once don't sell Dechamps and France short. You're attacking movement has been excellent and he's prepared them perfectly for this. 

Outstanding half from France. Such a shame for Iceland for it to end like this. 

And I'm doubling down on them to win the tournament.

That's why we hid the money to curb this foolishness you've always had. 

Never have learnt. Germany all the way. (Initially had them losing to Spain the final but yer know. Nobody's perfect.). 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

For once don't sell Dechamps and France short. You're attacking movement has been excellent and he's prepared them perfectly for this. 

Outstanding half from France. Such a shame for Iceland for it to end like this. 

Hail. 

You're right, he finally set up the right formation from the get go, we're playing fast sound football.

I'll wait until we face a much stronger opponent to start raving about Deschamps though.

• Like 1

That's why we hid the money to curb this foolishness you've always had. 

Never have learnt. Germany all the way. (Initially had them losing to Spain the final but yer know. Nobody's perfect.). 

Hail. 

:lol: :lol:

That first sentence has me rolling

Been meaning to say the whole tournament .....

These Direct TV adverts with JBJ ..... When did he get SO old? Man alive he looks like he's aged 20 years in a month. 

Hail. 

Yeah I think he just stopped dying his hair.

I thought the same thing when I first saw that new one, too.

• Like 1

Ruben Neves rumours resurfacing yet again at a mere €20 million down to Porto struggling to meet FFP requirements. Half his release clause of €40 million. Of course he's also being strongly linked to Utd too given his agent is Mendes. 

Never seen him play personally, but read a lot of different articles on him the past 8/9 months being as he's been linked to Klopp on and off right through. Everything reads great and he would appear to have all the attributes needed for a holding midfielder in what we do. What I can go on without ever seeing him in a game is the fact that he's got bags of experience for a 19 year old (75 appearances already for Porto, with 17 in Europe), along with being the youngest ever Portuguese player in the Champions League and the youngest ever player to captain a side in the Champions league. To have so much experience and to captain Porto already at such a young age speaks volumes and suggests all the glowing reports are true. 

As always, if the crazy German wants him, that's all I need to know. Be great to get him on the cheap and at such a young age to still be able to mould him to what we want through coaching. 

We'll see if anything comes of it. 2 months to run yet this window. I can see another 3 or 4 incomings and a lot going out the other way.

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

Yeah, was coming into post about Neves.  Would much prefer him to Zielinski.

We'll see how it goes.  I think it's obviously there's one more midfielder (at least) in the cards at this point.  I like Neves a lot, though.

We'll see if anything comes of it. 2 months to run yet this window. I can see another 3 or 4 incomings and a lot going out the other way.

Hail. 

Speaking of, totally thought Wisdom's last year was last year (and he got loaned out lol).  Any word on how Klopp feels about him?

Speaking of, totally thought Wisdom's last year was last year (and he got loaned out lol).  Any word on how Klopp feels about him?

No but if he can't get in relegated Norwich City's side, or the equally poor West Brom's before that, I very much doubt he's here the end of the window Same with the likes of Illori. 

Hail. 

No but if he can't get in relegated Norwich City's side, or the equally poor West Brom's before that, I very much doubt he's here the end of the window Same with the likes of Illori. 

Hail. 

Yeah I agree.

Amazing how far he's fallen since his 200k sports car broke down in bum **** :lol:

• Like 1

Damn you're ahead of me today!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

****ing GREAT job there.  Get that money back.

Good move for both clubs.

Indigo @IndigoLFC 54m54 minutes ago

"Liverpool have swapped Christian Benteke for Sadio Mané and have a million pounds left in change - Explain." [24 marks]

Anything Liverpool @Anything_LFC 47s47 seconds ago

Marko Grujic to wear number 16 1f450.png

CmiGYfXXYAAzYm4.jpg
  • Like 1