Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Rejected £25 million for Benteke: Liverpool reject £25m offer for Benteke - Liverpool Echo

Fair play to FSG for sticking to our guns and holding out for £30 million.

Hail.

wow... would have gladly let him go at 25. it would be so ayre to hold out for 30 and have to have him on the squad next season. trying to get back the 32 he spent on a player that had a down season, is out of favor, and is buried on the bench. i hope that wasn't the golden chance...

wow... would have gladly let him go at 25. it would be so ayre to hold out for 30 and have to have him on the squad next season. trying to get back the 32 he spent on a player that had a down season, is out of favor, and is buried on the bench. i hope that wasn't the golden chance...

We've already told everyone it's going to be 30 at least.

Lesser strikers are going for more.

Ben's a good striker, he's just not one that fits us.  He wasn't even one that fit Rodgers, the goober.

• Like 1

Im not being a dick. Joe Allen's pass directly lead to that. I objected to calling Ramsey stupid.

Allen had a great match though, just that one mistake probably lead to Ramsey's yellow card.

He wasn't being called stupid.  He said he had a moment of dumb.

Not sure you can blame Joe Allen at all for that.  I still maintain Ramsay didn't handle it unless it came off his leg first.

I hear yer mate but actually really pleased they did. The whole landscape is changing in terms of transfer fees with the new TV mega money. If Palace want him, poney up what we want. It's been WAY too long we've been bullied the transfer market. Liking standing up for ourselves for once and dictating what WE want. Hell, Watford have slapped £30 million on Troy frigging Deeney FFS!

Bargaining mate. They've opened at £25 mil. Now come back with something closer and we'll see where we stand. Benteke won't be here come opening day. 

Talking of strikers we want out, I wonder if Klopp's killed Mario yet this AM the first morning of pre-season?  :lol:

Seriously buzzing and never wanted to go across the water so much in my life as I do Tranmere next Friday. 

One thing though guys. (That's always a thing but yer know.). Arsenal opening day is ALL that matters. And it would appear he's even less arsed about pre-season kick about results than anyone. He just see's it ass one big training session geared toward opening day ..... 

In all of the pre-season games we will play we will play be out full training. So if we play our best in pre-season then I’ve done something completely wrong,” .....“It’s another session, it’s not about beating our opponents. I don’t care about how big the opponent is we will say nothing about the situation.

So if results aren't good, don't sweat it boys. We don't tear up Tranmer or Fleetwood? Meh, who cares? Let other fans mock away. Pre-season is what it is. Getting everyone in shape and an understanding together to be ready for Arsenal. And this is one of the most important pre-seasons we've had in ages His first. Sets the whole ethos for what's expected going forward and the tone of how the club will be. (As if they all didn't know that already.). LOVING the three a-day's. With a fresh squad that hasn't been playing all summer, if they come out the gate ubber fit gangapressing like mad men teams won't know what's hit them the start the year. 9 games in 31 days along with all the hours on the training pitch should see to that. 

Now go work Red Men like you've never worked before pre-season. The hard work starts today. The rewards will be MORE than worth it. 

Let the good times roll again!

#roadto19

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Oh good God Mario's returned saying he want's to win the Ballon d'Or! TRY not to laugh too hard as you read this: Returning Liverpool striker Mario Balotelli states Ballon d'Or aim - Liverpool Echo

Mario and 3 a-day's. This can ONLY end one way ..... 

So how long we giving it today before the crazy German is scarring shoppers chashing Mario down Church Street with a machete?

​Hail. 

• Like 2

Dortmund Confirms we've signed Mickey Targaryan

Pretty biting comment from BVB as well ..... Dortmund statement on Mkhitaryan "all the best for the EPL and the Europa League next season. He decided to join 5th place English team"

The only happy ones in Germany will be Munich who get a free pass unchallenged to another Bundesliga, whilst still claiming to be giants admist doubtless another massive failure in Europe. 

Two excellent pick-up's in the last 24 hours for Utd. 

In Bordeaux now. Trying to score some tickets to the match tonight. Surprisingly my wife is very popular with the German fans ... Should have enough funds raised in the next 90 minutes (how appropriate).

Not envious at all. HONEST!

Hail. 

Not envious at all. HONEST!

Hail. 

C'mon, no one believes you GHH :lol:

Brand new City of wine museum

4928170_6_7b34_la-cite-du-vin-a-bordeaux

investissement-Bordeaux-2-vin_pics_809.j

This is Thomas Meunier's comments after the loss: "Everyone was super confident. It was a superstar team. Our team is Real Madrid of 2005 with Beckham, Zidane, etc. ... It is broadly comparable"  WTH ?!!!!

Someone is full of it, and full of himself here.

• Like 1

C'mon, no one believes you GHH :lol:

Brand new City of wine museum

This man is EVIL. He is not my friend and I implore you all to ignore him and his Evil ways!

BAISEUR GALIC SOURNOISE. 

And if that's not right I'll give you the English expletive version! HUMPH!  :angry:.

Hail. 

Oh good God Mario's returned saying he want's to win the Ballon d'Or! TRY not to laugh too hard as you read this: Returning Liverpool striker Mario Balotelli states Ballon d'Or aim - Liverpool Echo

Mario and 3 a-day's. This can ONLY end one way ..... 

So how long we giving it today before the crazy German is scarring shoppers chashing Mario down Church Street with a machete?

​Hail. 

I'll be satisfied if he can provide some rest for the starters and maybe net one or two with little to no drama.

This is a very Brian Orakpo move.

I still have a soft spot for Mario, on his day he's one of the best in the world.  Maybe Klopp has the cheat codes, who knows?

But I'm still mad we didn't just spring 4 million more for Wilfried Bony... we would've been top 4 minimum with he and Sturridge.

And now I'm embroiled in debating with idiots elsewhere who have no concept on how to build a team and are just bemoaning every other club signing big names and L'pool not.

Give me ****ing strength. 

Hail. 

Where Madden ruined the football fan, FIFA is ruining the proper football fan.

It's the kids these days.  They can all **** right off most of them.

• Like 1

Udinese being absolute asshats over Zielinski. 

Accepting a bid from Napoli but not for the same amount from us. All for a player who's pleading to come to Anfield and adamant he won't sign for anyone else. 

Their loss if they push it as we'll just move on to the next guy. 

And Dahoud refusing to up his contract in Monchnegladbach. The brat may be onto something yet .....

Hail. 

• Like 1

Dortmund Confirms we've signed Mickey Targaryan

Pretty biting comment from BVB as well ..... Dortmund statement on Mkhitaryan "all the best for the EPL and the Europa League next season. He decided to join 5th place English team"

The only happy ones in Germany will be Munich who get a free pass unchallenged to another Bundesliga, whilst still claiming to be giants admist doubtless another massive failure in Europe.

Tidy player.  No telling what happens for us if we signed him a couple of years ago.

Still don't know how we pulled Coutinho and Sturridge in the same window with all of our other January failures.  I guess Aiyrehead can point to that one.

But I'll say again, this happened to Klopp all the time.  He replaced class with potential and turned that potential into class.  We'll see if Tuchel has the goods.  The exodus is more so this year than I've seen in a while.  He's still got Aubameyang and Reus for the time being, though.  And he can win a lot of games with those two.

Udinese being absolute asshats over Zielinski. 

Accepting a bid from Napoli but not for the same amount from us. All for a player who's pleading to come to Anfield and adamant he won't sign for anyone else. 

Their loss if they push it as we'll just move on to the next guy. 

And Dahoud refusing to up his contract in Monchnegladbach. The brat may be onto something yet .....

Hail. 

We're not signing Zielinski until Dahoud is exhausted.  Feel gutted for the Pole, but that was always the plan.

And I think Jurgen is going to eventually wear Gladbach down and we'll get him.  He's growing on me.  Bought him in FIFA and he's gone up 5 points in the first year.

But that's another reason I laugh at everyone who talks about the Premier League "over paying" :lol:

We're forced to, we have the money and they know we do.

Zielinski doesn't want to play for Napoli... he's literally hanging out waiting to see if we sign Dahoud.

• Like 1

Oh yeah, Germany to wallop Italy 2 or 3 tonight. 

Italy have done marvellous to get this far with such an average group but with all the key injuries and suspensions I just force the World Champs, who are hitting their stride, being a bridge too far. 

Still blown away by that mad stat that Germany has never beaten Italy in a major tournament. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

ESPN FC had a lot of fun with Everton's sentimental value on their players :lol:

Barkley, Lukaku, and now Stones

Small & speedy 5'10 Eder, 5'4 Giaccherini, 5'4 Insigne vs the tall & slow German defense

What if Immobile gets on?

What if Immobile gets on?

Then Italy are in a whole heap of trouble as he makes Benteke look mobile. 

Small & speedy 5'10 Eder, 5'4 Giaccherini, 5'4 Insigne vs the tall & slow German defense

You leave Jonas out of this you Evil Gallic One!

First day back and he's taking the piss lol.  Can he get any more class?

JS94031391.jpg

Good split of youth and experience back day 1: 

Loris KariusAdam BogdanRyan FultonJon FlanaganConnor RandallJoe GomezDejan LovrenJoel MatipMamadou SakhoTiago IloriAlberto MorenoBrad SmithAndre WisdomLucas LeivaKevin StewartLuis AlbertoCameron BrannaganPedro ChirivellaMarko GrujicLazar MarkovicJordon IbeSergi CanosRoberto FirminoSadio ManeDanny IngsMario Balotelli.

Hail. 

• Like 1