Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Marseille finished 13th with a 10W-18D-10L in a belowaverage one team championship. Batshuayi has good potential but he's selfish and not strong mentally. Drogba was better when he left, we will see if he can move on to the next level.

I don't much care about how his team performed tbh.  Finished fourth in scoring, and was involved in more goals scored than two of the three ahead of him (lacazette and Cavani).  9 assists seems to be a high total for a selfish player...

But, again, I have not seen him play.  I will defer to those who regularly watch Ligue 1, and they seem to share your concerns for him as a player.  

Any of y'all ever seen the "Away Days" channel on YouTube? It's pretty cool. It's a younger English dude, probably about early to mid 20s, going to different stadiums and seeing matches and showing the experience. It's almost all over in Europe. A lot of lower tier matches, but towards the end of this past season he got to some BPL grounds. He did make it over to Orlando for an MLS match which was cool seeing his reactions to some of the pretty common stuff in sports culture over here. Looks like he's a Norwich supporter primarily since he does a lot of travel with Norwich fans. But he does a decent job documenting the experience somewhat unbiased. Only gripe I have is that it looks like he may have had some trouble regarding showing any actual on field action because most of the POV is facing away from the field. But I know even MLS is cracking down on that so I'd imagine BPL probably got on him too.

Indigo ‏@IndigoLFC 55s56 seconds ago

Balotelli set to join Klopp's pre season as nobody is yet to buy him. New triple training sessions with Klopp should be fun

So you're saying I need to be at Melwood first thing Saturday morning to save the crazy German from doing something we'd all regret?

Sighs, best not sleep in then or I'll need to bring the Kirkby boys to depose of the body. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

Looks like Chris Bascombe has reported a 30 million pound price for Benteke.  Palace and West Ham both interested.

That would be GREAT business.

Almost everything back from Villa.

That would be beyond awesome!

Take Benteke and Skrtel (and just WTF has gone on there with his disgraceful attack on Klopp he's denying? **** off to Turkey ****house!), and offset that against Grujic, Matip, Karius and Mane (Let's go full whack and call it £38 million for ****'s and giggles), and that leaves us with a net spend of around £12.5 million. Throw in wee Joe and we're breaking even. 

Go get that ****ing LB Jurgie lad! And anyone else you covet. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

So you're saying I need to be at Melwood first thing Saturday morning to save the crazy German from doing something we'd all regret?

Sighs, best not sleep in then or I'll need to bring the Kirkby boys to depose of the body. 

Hail. 

Can't sell him and he's making over 100k per week.

We need to find someone to take that contract off the books.

* :ph34r: Whispers 'Yeah, I kind of might of got that one a tad wrong and my unadulterated ecstasy when he signed might of been a little misplaced like .....'

Hail.

Well, I believe in miracles.  If anyone can get him right, it's Jurgen.

So we'll see.

Well, I believe in miracles.  If anyone can get him right, it's Jurgen.

So we'll see.

Still fancying the odds of Mario 'disappearing' after the first session with Klopp. 

'MARIO! For the last ****ing time, PRESS LAD!' .... 'Calm down boss. Mario too cool to run about. Let the other idiots do that! Wanna' shoot off some fireworks after? ' ..... Oh yeah, this has got absolute carnage written all over it!

Hail. 

Looks like Chris Bascombe has reported a 30 million pound price for Benteke.  Palace and West Ham both interested.

That would be GREAT business.

Almost everything back from Villa.

WAIT! It's just hit me! This CAN'T be right!

After all, Pardew detests the diving SOB Benteke right? You do right gob****e? 

Hail. 

• Like 1

WAIT! It's just hit me! This CAN'T be right!

After all, Pardew detests the diving SOB Benteke right? You do right gob****e? 

Hail. 

Well, he had some ambitious targets this summer and apparently Benteke was his number 2.

His number 1 just signed for Chelsea (Michy Batshuayi), or completed his medical anyways.

£4 million from Watford for Jerome Sinclair. Nice. 

Another kid who got a bit of money and a taste too soon and let it go to his head. As well as being badly advised by the Worlds worst agent. 

Doubt we hear very much of him again. At least not at the highest level. Never showed anything that will separate him from PL defences.

Hail. 

£4 million from Watford for Jerome Sinclair. Nice. 

Another kid who got a bit of money and a taste too soon and let it go to his head. As well as being badly advised by the Worlds worst agent. 

Doubt we hear very much of him again. At least not at the highest level. Never showed anything that will separate him from PL defences.

Hail. 

I'll tell you, there's a kid (Toni Gomes) who Klopp got a look at and basically said, "Sinclair who?"

Wish him the best, like him in FIFA, but if Klopp doesn't want him, neither do I.

• Like 1

Here's a good look at Gomes with American Brooks Lennon getting a shout late in the clip (love him)

It's a Scouse thing. Boss little video from the City's trab maker of choice:

Hail. 

Saw that one this morning.

He got a shout out in the new Jesse Owens movie "Race" as well.

BBC Sport @BBCSport 12m12 minutes ago

Southampton have appointed former Nice boss Claude Puel as their new manager

Edited by DC9
  • Like 1

http://www.empireofthekop.com/2016/06/30/lfc-have-signed-greatest-talent-of-modern-era-says-norwegian-head-of-development/

LFC have signed ‘greatest talent of modern era’ says Norwegian head of development

An article is circulating today which includes the Norwegian FA’s head of development Håkon Grøttland waxing lyrical about a player Liverpool signed last summer.

In August 2015 we won the race for Edvard Sandvik Tagseth, then 14, who will join up with the Academy properly in 2017, when he’s 16-years-old.

Norwegian paper Dagbladet have ran a feature on the left-footed playmaker, hyping the teenager to quite astonishing levels, based on comments by the man who’s overseen his development at international youth level.

more at the link of course
--------------------------------

Difficult to trust or put that much hope in a 15 year old but hey :lol:

All I know is he's rocking those hyper venoms in the pick

So last night my captain put me during the second half late down 5-3. I scored 1 1/2 in and almost equalized on a tough header and volley. Didn't celebrate the goal but rather ran and grabbed the ball. The other team was holding their breath with 15 mins to go. My team was like he's in a zone and taking over. I never said a word but my play was just energizing eveyone(I'm a very quiet leader on the field generally.) Then the captain did the unthinkable with us bombarding them. He took me off after 5 mins. The team deflated on the field and sidelines. The other team scored won by 2. What the heck?

Edited by RichmondRedskin88

http://www.empireofthekop.com/2016/06/30/lfc-have-signed-greatest-talent-of-modern-era-says-norwegian-head-of-development/

LFC have signed ‘greatest talent of modern era’ says Norwegian head of development

An article is circulating today which includes the Norwegian FA’s head of development Håkon Grøttland waxing lyrical about a player Liverpool signed last summer.

In August 2015 we won the race for Edvard Sandvik Tagseth, then 14, who will join up with the Academy properly in 2017, when he’s 16-years-old.

Norwegian paper Dagbladet have ran a feature on the left-footed playmaker, hyping the teenager to quite astonishing levels, based on comments by the man who’s overseen his development at international youth level.

more at the link of course
--------------------------------

Difficult to trust or put that much hope in a 15 year old but hey :lol:

All I know is he's rocking those hyper venoms in the pick

Personally hate  this at youth level unless he is UBBER special. And there's SO much growth to go between now and 18/19/20 you never know. 

Foreign kids at such a young age in our youth academy's is just wrong. Nobody's telling me there's not similar talent kicking around the streets of Liverpool if we'd just get out and look for it. 

IF we ever leave the EU, at least this will stop and nobody under 18 will be allowed to sign for any club. 

Hail. 

• Like 2

There you go P.

Now just worry about Arsenal if they can't sign GabiGol.

Transfer News Live @DeadlineDayLive 47s48 seconds ago

Chelsea will abandon their plan to re-sign Lukaku after closing in on £33.2m Marseille striker Michy Batshuayi. (Source: Star)

Yeah I feel like at this point he isnt leaving. But we will see. I really dont see Arsenal spending the money.

Yeah I feel like at this point he isnt leaving. But we will see. I really dont see Arsenal spending the money.

40 million pound release clause for Barbosa...

Hopefully for all of us they don't get him. :lol:

• Like 1