Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

When you've more eyes on the 23's at Wolves qualifying the PLIC than the first team in a PL game just doing what they do .....

..... Then you know you're not only in a whole different league to the other 19 teams. But you're playing a whole different SPORT!

Talking of 19, that's 19 points clear of City as we march imperiously on to title #19. In January. Stop and look at that. NINETEEN points' clear of CITY. SEVEN WINS. before JANUARY is even out! Is there anything left to say about these ridiculous Reds that hasn't been said multiple times already? WOW!!!!!

Tonight's records-

106 points from the last 38 games. (W 34 D  4 F 90 A 23.). The most any side in history has ever taken over a 38 game span. ANYWHERE!

The first side in English top-flight history to reach 70 points in a season this fast. (The previous best is through 27 games. This was L'pool's 24th game of this historic season.).

Only the 13th team ever to beat all their opponents over a season. And the first time any Liverpool side has achieved that feat in the top flight.

41 straight PL games unbeaten and counting now. (W 36 D 5 F 98 A 27,). The third-longest unbeaten run in English top-flight history. And the second-longest in PL history.

Just beyond words what these lads are doing EVERY single game.

And to top off the night, the boy wonder went and did this at Wolves-

https://mobile.twitter.com/AnfieldWatch/status/1222614291632750595

That side that played tonight at Molineux, with the addition of Curtis Jones who made his second league appearance at West Ham, the perfect Birthday present before he turns 19 tomorrow, with a rocking, sold-out Anfield behind them ..... Let's see how Shrewsbury deal with our 23's. I'll HAPPILY take our chances next Tuesday!

Up the bloody unbelievably good Reds!

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

Keita looked sharp in the action that he saw. really hope he can finally stay healthy, he has a knack for seeing a pass, he set Firmino up nicely for what probably should have been his first Anfield goal in forever.

Wait a minute... what happened to "Give the ball to Bobby and he'll score!" 😜

On a related note, here's one of the weirdest things that happened to me on my latest trip... My wife and I were in London for a couple of days before moving on, eventually to Sicily, which as expected was a nicer place to be in December, but I digress. We had gotten tickets to Mischief Theater's "Peter Pan Goes Wrong" (very funny... but "Comedy About A Bank Robbery" is still their masterpiece) at the Alexandra Palace.

As we are walking down one of the tunnels in the tube, apparently a few lads from the 'Pool decided that this would make for excellent acoustics for a round of "Si Senor". To be fair, it did, and it's an excellent song, but they were still all Ringos... no Johns, Pauls, or even Georges.

Then I noticed that they were all in various states of dressing like 80s professional wrestlers (one was Hulk Hogan). I guessed they were going to a party.

Then they got on our train, which was a lot of fun in itself.

Then they got OFF our train, at our stop.

Then I saw OTHER people dressed in costume (one was a group of monks).

Then I saw a ticket scalper. I'm thinking "For a play?"

Finally I saw a sign for "darts", and I put it together. They were holding the 2020 PDC World Darts Championship in a different building.

• Haha 2

For the second time in this gloriously historic season, let's hear from the Liverpool 'Manager' .....

Proper looking forward to this. Mad to me how people have been so quick to dismiss us as being out of the Cup. Shrewsbury will have never experienced anything like a sold-out Anfield under the lights. And if the support is anything like the outstanding, 90 minutes solid vocal the young guns got down at Villa, the arl place will be rocking behind them. Should be another really enjoyable, fun ride with the kids who've far outshone themselves already this season and done every last one of us and themselves so proud. 

*Sings 'We're on the march with Critchley's Army .....'

Up the next step to the quintuple Reds!  

Hail. 

• Like 1

Still buzzing after last night. 

That would be your World Champion Liverpool Football Club disrespecting the FA Cup.

Oh the absolute fume when that backfired on all the social media gob****es lastnight. Not least, and utterly madly, the L'pool 'fans' out there who were shouting about how we'd given up on the FA Cup. Time to give your heads a SERIOUS F wobble!

Outstanding, composed display back-to-front in a game Shrewsbury barely troubled us. MASSIVE props to Critchley and his charges on a really enjoyable Anfield night. Interspersed with the absolutely bizarre, and TOTALLY wrong, use of VAR in one leg of the tie and not the other. Yes. We benefited. Yes, I'm sure the Shrewsbury goal probably was offside. But when VAR is used in one game and not the other, it's a complete and utter joke and makes a complete mockery of the whole competition. So much so I barely even celebrated after their goal was chalked off down to the absolute absurdity of it all. Not least the well over 2-minute wait to get to that point. But that aside, what another brilliantly fun night watching the kids put grown men to shame. From Curtis jones becoming the youngest ever captain in our 128-year storied history, and putting in a dominant, commanding Captains display leading from the front ..... through Adam Lewis having a superb debut at LB displaying the wand of a left foot that's had those of us who watch the youth levels closely telling everyone that will listen 'Yers think Yasser's good? Wait until Lewis is back fit! He's heading the pack to back-up AndyRobbo' ..... Neco Williams the other side showing again why he's now the defacto back-up to Trent in another superb display .....Sepp looking WAY more composed now he knows what to expect at a full Anfield the more he experiences it. With his Dutch compadre Hoever as classy as ever alongside him ..... one of the totally unheralded jewels at Kirkby, Leighton Clarkson, who's being developed as a playmaking 6 the way we desire, having a great full debut ..... Liam Millar running himself into the ground for the team on his full debut ..... and all points in between from anyone I've not mentioned. Proper Liverpudlian heroes the lot of them.

Just another superb night following, for last night,  Critchley's Reds as they stride on toward Wembley and the final piece in what we hope will be a historic quintuple.

And all the first team rightly keeping the integrity of the mid-season break with our manager standing up for EVERY player at EVERY club and making sure it was fully adhered to and much-needed rest, mental as much as physical, acquired for the stresses still to come.

Just a shame the FA were THAT petty as to not allow any official broadcast and more couldn't have experienced in the ridiculously talented lads we have knocking HARD on the first-team door.

The youngest competitive side ever fielded in our entire history. For the second time this season. 7 teenagers and 3 debutants!

Who's just put a team of experienced, grown men in there place?

What a ****ing Football Club this is!

What a bunch of disrespectful btards them Scouse ****s are!

To play with the Blue ****es song before the 3rd round ...... *Sings 'Go to school, are we ****, We're gonna' win the Cup!'

Roll on Chelsea.

Up Critchley's Creche Reds!

Hail. 

• Like 1

So after reading @Gibbs Hog Heaven 's post about the FA Cup, I have a question.  Keep in mind this is coming from a noob.

What do the teams value more, a Premier League Championship, FA Cup, EFL Cup, UEFA Championship, or the Europa League Championship?  Since everything happens concurrently and I know Liverpool was upset that the replay happened during the Premier League "break", I was just wondering.

Oh and #COYS!

SkinInsite, been hearing about Giovanni Reyna since he was 13. He’s just turned 17 now, and some believe he has as much, or more, talent than Pulisic. He’s been a fixture in US youth sides, but I think he should start getting senior caps soon. Any chance the US has of making noise internationally In the near future, hinge on getting this talented group of youngsters playing and training together. 

There’s a good bit of talent there: Pulisic, McKennie, Adams, Weah, Sargent, Reyna, Dest, Carter-Vickers, Miazga, Steffen, all plying their trade in Europe, and gaining valuable experience. Problem is, US Soccer saw fit to bring in a mediocre US based coach who thinks the MLS is a legitimate league. Berhalter is not the guy to lead these kids forward, IMO. If I were running the show, I’d make Jesse Marsch an offer he couldn’t refuse.

Edited by Long n Left
  • Like 1

The fume without even trying. 🤣

Christ we're good. 😎

#theunbearables

11 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

I almost took the news seriously until the 30 million fine. Shocking number to the ear but complete meaningless and watch it be the only part of the punishment that sticks. 

You have to presume UEFA believe they have a watertight case to bring this down. They never go after major clubs to this extent knowing the legal repercussions that will come back at them. 

There's more to come out on this. And Everton being investigated could well be in the S themselves. 

Hail. 

On 2/7/2020 at 2:06 PM, First Colony said:

So after reading @Gibbs Hog Heaven 's post about the FA Cup, I have a question.  Keep in mind this is coming from a noob.

What do the teams value more, a Premier League Championship, FA Cup, EFL Cup, UEFA Championship, or the Europa League Championship?  Since everything happens concurrently and I know Liverpool was upset that the replay happened during the Premier League "break", I was just wondering.

Oh and #COYS!

Teams now, sadly, as they have done for years, devalue the FA Cup as the money's just no longer in the tournament. And that filters right down the leagues madly. Not just at the top. But then the FA have devalued its own marquee competition for years with semi\s being held at Wembley etc. The complete current joke is the unfair officiating of the tournament, with VAR only available at PL grounds. One standard of officiating for one game. One for another. 

I hate to rank trophies but if you were, you'd go the biggest prize in the game, European Cup, then the PL, then the second European major, the UEFA Cup, dependent on personal interest, or the FA Cup. (Neither generate much prize money. Just the prestige of winning a major trophy which is sadly lost on today's generation brought up with clubs, IMHO, disgracefully disres[ecting both.). And the League Cup, sadly now, a long distant last. 

Hail. 

*Edit* Talking of the FA Cup, credit where credits due. BIG kudos to CST for getting this reduced from the £40 they tried to pull.

Tuesday night in London, having to be settled on the night making booking trains iffy is hard enough in itself so the extra 10er saved is really welcome.

Excellent news and another big fan triumph.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

#theunbearables

If this is a response to me, I don't find Liverpool fans unbearable (though I've seen passing reference to people that do in Barca groups). I don't follow or watch any team but Barca, and I live in the US, so I have no exposure except this thread. I love Klopp, and the only thing that has been vaguely annoying is that this thread has apparently convinced Google's spy algorithm that I AM a Liverpool supporter, because I keep getting Liverpool news in my Google News feed. 

I was just teasing a bit about your level of gushing, and the fact that this is not really the ES Soccer thread... It's maybe the Premier League thread at best. I follow Barca so I read elsewhere about La Liga, but it would be nice to hear occasionally about France, Italy, or Germany. Not really your fault, but still...

In other news, following Barca is taking less time than ever these days, as the Board has sold every healthy player under the age of 50. Word is they're looking into the rules for Wheelchair Football...

2 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

The fume without even trying. 🤣

Christ we're good. 😎

#theunbearables

You have to presume UEFA believe they have a watertight case to bring this down. They never go after major clubs to this extent knowing the legal repercussions that will come back at them. 

There's more to come out on this. And Everton being investigated could well be in the S themselves. 

Hail. 

If I recall correctly they’ve been trying to nail City for pulling endorsement money from companies tied to Abu Dhabi for years. There’s no way the club itself make enough money legitimately to satisfy FFP. 

• Like 1