Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Long time in-between posts!!

Has anyone checked on GHH? Is he still drunk? Is he in the parade? Is he in a Madrid jail? I'm concerned for our scouse friend...

Either way, great game by the Reds! It wasn't beautiful, but what do you expect when the boys haven't played in nearly a month. I feel bad for Firmino as he didn't look sharp at all, but I was really happy for Origi! After his performance against Barca, he definitely deserved to have a meaningful contribution in the final. Potch should have never started Kane. It should have been Moura and Son leading the line with Kane coming on late to chase the game. Son looked dangerous when the Spurs finally opened up. Either way Allison was superb, Mane was always a threat, VVD was immense, Salah got his goal, Fabinho was solid in the midfield, Klopp got it right, and Liverpool got it's sixth!!! 

Edited by jobaga
autocorrect got me
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, jobaga said:

Long time in-between posts!!

Has anyone checked on GHH? Is he still drunk? Is he in the parade? Is he in a Madrid jail? I'm concerned for our scouse friend...

Either way, great game by the Reds! It wasn't beautiful, but what do you expect when the boys haven't played in nearly a month. I feel bad for Firmino as he didn't look sharpe at all, but I was really happy for Origi! After his performance against Barca, he definitely deserved to have a meaningful contribution in the final. Potch should have never started Kane. It should have been Moura and Son leading the line with Kane coming on late to chase the game. Son looked dangerous when the Spurs finally opened up. Either was Allison was superb, Mane was always a threat, VVD was immense, Salah got his goal, Fabinho was solid in the midfield, Klopp got it right, and Liverpool got it's sixth!!! 

I think that was GHH invading the pitch. We’ve been duped all along. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Berggy9598 said:

If that's the case, GHH will never lose another argument on this board again....Hell, I'm pretty sure he will never be wrong again 🤣

Soz abar your club if you don't get to experience the sheer joy of the all singing, all dancing mad German btard every day- 

https://twitter.com/AnfieldHQ/status/1134943619343945728

These efforts are getting better and better the last few days haha. 

Let's talk about Six baby, 
Let's talk about LFC 
Let's talk about all the good times, and the bad times, HIS-TOR-Y 
Let's talk about six,
Let's talk about Six!

Lets talk about Six baby, 
Let's talk about It-a-ly 
Let's talk about Joey Jones, and German moans, and Bob Pais-ley 
Let's talk about six,
Let's talk about Six!

Let's talk about Wem-b-ley
Let's talk about back-to-back, and Terry Mac, and King Ken-ny 
Let's talk about six,
Let's talk about Six!

Let's talk about gay Par-is,
Let's talk about 81, and having fun, with Ken-ne-dy
Let's talk about six. 
Let's talk about Six!

Let's talk a Roman Coll-es-ium
Let's talk about penalties, and wobbly knees, and VIC-TO-RY!
Let's talk about six,
Let's talk about Six!

Let's talk about Six baby 
Let's talk about Ste-vie G.
Let's talk about down 3 nil, believing still, and Car-ras glee. 
Lets talk about six,
Let’s talk about Six!

Let's talk about V.V.D., 
Let's talk about goals galore, we're gonna score, with our front three .
Let's talk about six.
Let's talk about Six!

Let's talk about Or-i-gi
Let's talk about Rafa, Fagan, Jurgen Klopp and Bob Pais-ley
Let's talk about six
Let''s talk about SIX!!!!

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 2

Can't personally get enough of watching and re-watching/ reading highlights/ gifs/ tweets/ articles et al from Saturday and the mind-blowing parade Sunday.

Why I'm just adding bits here and there. Just haven't had the time for being immersed in reliving this magnificent 6th haha.

Jurgen Norbert Klopp. Surprisingly leaving no stone unturned and being pretty ****ing tactically astute huh for a fella' that just gives out hugs and motivates? smile.gif

Tiago Estêvão@TiagoEstv

Liverpool played Benfica's B team in Marbella before the Champions League final. Turns out it was more than just for fitness reasons, it was specific tactical preparation. I translated some quotes from Renato Paiva (Benfica B manager) who talked to newspaper ABola about it.
D8NUaXTWwAEDu6k?format=png&name=900x900

Renato Paiva: "They couldn't pick an English team due to information leaks, they couldn't' peak a Spanish team because Poch spent a lot of years in Spain, they couldn't pick a French team because Lloris is France's goalkeeper. So they had to go with a Portuguese team.

Liverpool lined up the start XI for the Final and asked us to not tell strictly nothing until the day. We received a lot of compliments, at the morning of the game nobody knew anything. we feel pride of ourselves for the invitation, for being in that enviroment.

Liverpool advisor told us: ‘Would like to thank your professionalism because we know that when anyone sneezes at Benfica it becomes news in Portugal. You’re here since Thursday and there wasn’t one single news [leaked]".

To add more context, this video comparison shows how alike the goal/ Benfica/Tottenham shape is from the practice match to the final the video- 

https://www.abola.pt/Nnh/Noticias/Ver/791574

Hail. 

On 6/2/2019 at 4:11 PM, Berggy9598 said:

On 6/2/2019 at 6:09 PM, jobaga said:

If that's the case, GHH will never lose another argument on this board again....Hell, I'm pretty sure he will never be wrong again 🤣

There's a story in that. Kind of .....

She was on the row in front. Started off further to the right. Then came and stood bang in front of us. Which was doing us sound. Tidy blonde in a little black dress. Have some of that haha. Went on her moby just as the match started. Walked off. Came back. Took another call. Then walked back down the row. And the next thing she's on the pitch with her little black number dropped at the front. 

Surreal. Hope it was worth getting lashed out and presumably fined/ banned. Even just coming from Italy as it turns out, heck of a lot of money blown. But I guess the publicity and immortality justifies it. 

Hail. 

• Haha 1

Now their long known departure is 'official' news, a quick note and thanks to Alberto Moreno and Daniel Sturridge: 

Alby will be sorely missed around the changies. Guys with his positivity, constant smile on their face, joking around and keeping everything light and fun are an invaluable asset to the dynamic of a team. And he's been a real popular lad right through his time here down to that by all accounts. And we're losing someone who's also been a real good bridge for any Spanish/ Portuguese speaking players in helping them assimilate into the squad. 

Just a daft, real likeable lad who sadly never fulfilled the great potential he arrived with from Seville as he never learned from his mistakes nor improved his game his time here. Much to the coaches angst I have no doubt as the attributes have always been there. But his work rate and commitment to the cause, without complaint, could never be questioned. 

Daniel is just a real sad case of a top, top talent unfortunately not having the body to match and withstand the rigours of todays game. Absolutely scandalous and ridiculous the amount of times he's had his attitude and commitment called into question when his physical make-up just sadly wouldn't allow him to do what he wanted. But what absolutely superb memories he leaves behind with the goals over the years and the records he set. Top bracket, World class talent. That certainly isn't open to debate. Up there with most great L'pool strikers in terms of pure ability. (His touch and natural finishing were better than Suarez. But the narrative and inability to stay healthy will tell you otherwise.). That goal the outside of his foot final in Basle against Seville man. Not many players the World would even of thought of doing that. Never mind executing it so quickly:  

Some of the finishes from all his PL goals for the club. WOW!:

https://mobile.twitter.com/AnfieldHQ/status/1136039184592986117

Gonna' miss the dance but the times right to move on. 

Made up, as much as Alby was never a favourite, both of them got to end with the biggest and best winners medal in football Saturday in Madrid. And I sincerely thank both for their service to the cause here and wish them all the best in their future endeavours. Wherever they may be.

Hail. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

There's a story in that. Kind of .....

She was on the row in front. Started off further to the right. Then came and stood bang in front of us. Which was doing us sound. Tidy blonde in a little black dress. Have some of that haha. Went on her moby just as the match started. Walked off. Came back. Took another call. Then walked back down the row. And the next thing she's on the pitch with her little black number dropped at the front. 

Surreal. Hope it was worth getting lashed out and presumably fined/ banned. Even just coming from Italy as it turns out, heck of a lot of money blown. But I guess the publicity and immortality justifies it. 

Hail. 

Apparently she’s an instagram model and both her and her boyfriend got millions more followers as a result. Nothing goes better with publicity than cold hard cash. 

Classy, top bloke along with being a classy, top footballer- 

What can I say…

It’s been one hell of a ride at this beautiful club. We were together for 7 seasons and took a lil break in between. 

We had a lot of high and lows together but through it all remained together knowing that one day we’d have to break up. That time is now…..

I wanna say to the fans I love y’all. You made me feel so welcome and embraced me with open arms. The Sturridge dance became famous at Anfield and I’ll never forget the first time I did it in front of the Kop.

To my team mates old and new thank you for the memories the banter was unreal. You all played a part in making me the man I am today. This isn’t a good bye cause Lord knows we’ll stay in touch no matter where I am so speak soon. To the current group of players just letting you know that Sturr crazy sauces will still be available next season so don’t stress yourselves out the lucky sauce will be back ??

To the coaching staff thank you for everything pushing me to my limits in every aspect to become the best I can be that goes for both old and new. Special shoutout to the managers Jurgen and Brendan for guiding my steps and helping me be the best I can be.

The fitness and medical department. Thank you for being on point through the lowest moments but also the highs. Your time and effort for not just me and the lads has been appreciated. I’m grateful I got to thank you all in person outside of social media. Special mention to Chris Rohrbeck for his work all season. Paul Small “Smally” you’ve been there with me from the beginning to the end and at England national team. Nothing but love and respect for you. Lastly Andy Massey you went above and beyond so thank you so much.

Kitchen staff and everyone at Melwood. Thank you for all the hours you put In Behind the scenes to make sure I was taken care of along with the players. Special Shoutout to my other mothers Caroline and Carol. You both are absolute legends! Lee and Graham thanks making life easier from boots to gear, top men! 

Ray, Jane, Rachael and Louise. I’ll miss you guys just know I’m forever grateful to you for everything you did for me.

To FSG you guys have done everything in your power to ensure the club has gotten back to the top and it’s been an absolute pleasure to work with you. Special mention for Mike Gordon who was more than just one of the owners but a mentor who has given me advice in and out of football. Tom Werner you’re an absolute boss and I’m still waiting on my cameo in a movie ? , John W Henry thank you so much for being incredible with me through my tenure at Liverpool.
Lastly Mike Edwards who was a big part in recruiting me to the club. Had some great banter with you over the years ?

I’m so happy I was a part of the clubs 6th champions league win because all the fans have deserved it for all the support they’ve given me and club during my tenure.
I wish you all the best in the future and more success for the club.
Like I’ve always said it’s #redordead
Thank you for the memories.

Much love
Daniel

Really gonna' miss that dance.

https://mobile.twitter.com/AnfieldHQ/status/1136034287856365568

Hail. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, JSSkinz said:

Curious if Liverpool fans feel this CL title more satisfying than 2005?

This one. Hands down. 

2005, as utterly awesome as it was, came out of nowhere and is by far and away the poorest of our 6 European Cup winning sides. They went down in folklore giving us well arguably the greatest night this football club has ever had. In the greatest European Cup final of all time. But going into that season, nobody expected anything like that and it just rolled into a magical journey that you could just enjoy to the fullest. 

The 2005 team won the European Cup and by association, had the best season of any side in Europe. But it didn't feel like that when you stepped back and looked objectively. Nor did they truly feel like the best side in Europe. As much as we naturally milked it for all it was worth. 

This current gang of Reds are the most complete, controlling L'pool side I've ever had the pleasure of watching in my nigh on 40 years going the match. If not in our entire, storied history. There's barely a weakness back-to-front. All they do is win games of football. Not draw or lose them. Consistently WIN games of football at a rate we've never seen before. To get 97 points in the league was ridiculous enough. The fourth highest points total ever in the 131-year history of the English top fight. With two of those other three better totals coming from the team that pipped them to the title, Manchester City, over the last two years! (The other being L'pool's 1977-78 vintage.). To then marry that up with a phenomenal European season comprising some of the greatest nights in both our and UEFA competition history, notably winning in Munich's home fortress of the Allianz and the spellbinding Barcelona comeback on the greatest Anfield European night of all (and man have we wrote the book on this under the European lights like no other club anywhere); and then get beat in the final would have been absolutely soul destroying. It would have been a complete travesty if this wonderful side had finished with no silverware for their efforts the past 10 months. 

So to round out such a fantastic season with the biggest prize in the sport, knowing that you are, genuinely, the best side in Europe who more than deserved it ..... along with wining comfortably when nowhere near our best in the final with a tactical display of proper big boy football .....

Yeah, it doesn't get much more satisfying than this. 

Up the best team in all of Europe Reds! 

Hail. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

With all the English knobheads disgracing themselves and everyone else yet again doing what they do in that gorgeously brilliant City on the banks of the Douro, now seems as good a time as ever to finally catch-up and thank all the Tottenham fans for adding to a superb few days last weekend. 

After fearing Madrid being moody and ugly (we have a long standing history with Tottenham and even now, the games, particularly down London, are rarely pleasant), it thankfully proved to be the complete opposite. Admittedly we didn't run into a great many Tottenham fans out there being as we outnumbered them 10-1 and more, but every one we did, from the lads opposite us the train we had a good, shared drink/ journey with going up from Barcelona Friday afternoon, were utterly superb and a credit to themselves and their club. There wasn't a hint of trouble anywhere as far as I'm aware. Just everyone getting on superbly and respectfully with each other under the scorching Madrid sun. I had to chuckle at the 'Spurs lads the wine bar we were in Saturday before going over the ground, one of whom, when shaking my hand and wishing each other luck, asking if they were having a boss time etc, said 'You can't beat this can you? And you btards get to do it every bloody year!' Not quite mate. But yers not far off haha. 

After the game and on the Sunday and Monday in Malaga, where we went onto after Madrid, it was the same. Tottenham fans exceptionally magnanimous in defeat. L'pool supporters consoling them and reminding them just what they have to be immensly proud about after a superb season from their lads. Just one big party with no hint of nastiness or trouble. Which when you consider there was a conservative estimate of 60-80 thousand Liverpudlians in the Spanish capital over the weekend, and a sizeable amount from Tottenham, all drinking under ridiculous heat which is never a good ****tail, was a credit to most everyone involved 

English football showed off in it's best possible light to both the citizens of Madrid and the watching World. And then you get the disgrace in Porto which you wouldn't be surprised escalates over the coming hours from some of the Brexit Neanderthals who follow the English National side around. 

Glad I'm lucky enough to have been born in Liverpool, to a Red, and have the privilege of following the current best side in Europe and get  all my kicks through my club with awesome experiences like last weekend rather than having to be tarred with the low life pricks who follow the National side.

Kudos as well to the many Tottenham fans, who, again, much to our pleasant surprise, have taken the time to tweet/ post on Liverpudlians to dispel the social media narrative about us and congratulate us on #6- 

https://www.empireofthekop.com/2019/06/03/quality-people-spurs-fans-in-madrid-heap-praise-on-reds-supporters/

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

1 hour ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

@Long n Left

Made up for you bro'. Thoroughly comprehensive victory. 

Go beat the hosts Sunday now. 

I like me some Oranje. 

Hail. 

Thanks Mate!

The party keeps going! 

Glad they got the win, carried the game. Sitting in my 2014 WC shirt, getting drunk off winning, and other assorted things, again. 

If Virgil wins this Championship as well, is there any way he cannot be Ballon D’or winner?

Edited by Long n Left
  • Thanks 1

Full disclosure- Two minutes or so into injury time Saturday night in the wonderful Estadio Metrapolitano (which is a proper modern stadium BTW geared totally to spectator comfort), I was totally gone. Sat down in my seat and just broke down in tears. You put SO much into it, and the emotions ..... ecstatic joy ..... pride ..... shear bloody relief ..... the whole gambit just overcame me and I was gone. 6 times. 6 magnificent, glorious times, And when the whistle went, and I finally stood back up, wiping the tears, I found I was far from alone as grown fella's wept around me. 

Since we got home Monday, I've watched I think just about every video and gif going. Read so many tweets and articles. Listened to so many different things. You just can't get enough of this unreal high of being the best side in all of Europe. There's NO feeling like it as a football fan. 

And then I just watched this one. And I'm back to the tears flowing freely again in unadulterated pride at my football club's magnificent achievement and my City's magnificent response to them-  

I aren't going to start claiming we're the biggest football club in the World. That's a silly argument.. But man alive I can say for certain this football club is as big as anything on the planet and the love and support of this City for this team is unmatched anywhere. 

I hated missing the parade Sunday. I'd rather be where I was at the game naturally but it's a sad by-product of not coming straight home that you invariably miss it. An estimated 750,000 on the streets. THREE QUARTERS OF A BLOODY MILLION PEOPLE! With many Reds still in Spain not yet home after the final after taking upwards of 70/80 thousand out there. absolutely mind blowing. We were watching the parade Sunday afternoon on our moby's in various bars/ restaurants in Malaga and all we kept getting from our hosts was 'WOW! That's happening live? Right now in Liverpool? ALL these people? WOW!!!!!' The Spaniards just couldn't get there head around it all. 

I can think of maybe 3 clubs that have anything like that pull and support the World over. And when you see a video like that, with the players equally as stunned, yet fully embracing every bit of it, man alive it just ..... our lads get it. And we love them even more for the way they fully embrace our fan culture and connect like no other group of L'pool players has in my lifetime. Lead by a crazy mad German btard who's as Scouse as they come, without being born here, who is literally one of us living the dream when you boil him down. 

I defy any Red, whether you're Scouse, or from elsewhere in England or the World, to not watch that, and not well up with immense pride at just what we have here and the shared journey we've been on with these boys. The shared emotions through it all that brought 750,000 or so folk out onto the streets of our City to welcome them home and thank them for being a massively important part of our lives. 

An image for the ages like something out of South America or some other mad hotbed of football. Except it's our City. With our boys. Sharing the biggest prize of all. Together. 

D8Fk_3KXsAIixTc?format=jpg&name=medium

Hail. 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Long n Left said:

Thanks Mate!

The party keeps going! 

Glad they got the win, carried the game. Sitting in my 2014 WC shirt, getting drunk off winning, and other assorted things, again. 

If Virgil wins this Championship as well, is there any way he cannot be Ballon D’or winner?

Always said I like the Dutch haha- 

Bit different from the English bellends booing him for 90 mins. What was all that about?

Hail. 

• Like 1

Bit different from the English bellends booing him for 90 mins. What was all that about?

Hail. 

Yeah, I couldn’t believe it either. Was watching with a Liverpool loving mate of mine, hails from Oxford originally, and all we could surmise was that it was a load of butt hurt, bloody Mancs in the crowd. 

• Haha 1

Hail. 

Oh come on you're not that old you remember the 80s. They're supposed to hate your players. (Safely assuming not too many Liverpool supporters traveled to Portugal to watch England)

Tired of the big Spanish clubs throwing their weight around like they're entitled to any player they want. If as the rumors suggest Barca want Rashford, nothing short of a David Villa signed football will even get us to the bargaining table. Time to make a stand!

43 minutes ago, Long n Left said:

Yeah, I couldn’t believe it either. Was watching with a Liverpool loving mate of mine, hails from Oxford originally, and all we could surmise was that it was a load of butt hurt, bloody Mancs in the crowd. 

😄

TBF Utd don't do England either. That's another thing Mancunians and Scousers have in common. 

City 'fans' don't count. They're just F weird period! 

Hail. 

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

Oh come on you're not that old you remember the 80s. They're supposed to hate your players. (Safely assuming not too many Liverpool supporters traveled to Portugal to watch England)

Tired of the big Spanish clubs throwing their weight around like they're entitled to any player they want. If as the rumors suggest Barca want Rashford, nothing short of a David Villa signed football will even get us to the bargaining table. Time to make a stand!

Haha. 

Joking aside, how the F does he think he's going to get any minutes at Barcelona? But yeah, given how he completely disappeared after PSG, most Utd lads I know think the Barcelona links have gone to his head and he now thinks he's bigger than Utd. They would be quite happy to F him off this summer. 

Hail. 

Speaking of, what a magnificent player he was. Such majestic movement, lightening in the box without the ball, the most lethal finisher I've ever seen outside of Brazilian Ronaldo. He has the ball, you blink, the ball's in the top corner. You see inquests among defenders and their goalie when goals are conceded, but he would score goals that would make you think the defense was asleep, and they'd all just shake their head. Think a right footed Salah and Aguero all rolled up into one. That's how good he was. 

• Like 1