Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/355992-sepp-van-den-berg-tranmere-rovers?utm_source=Social&utm_medium=TwitterWebsiteCards&utm_content=Digital&utm_campaign=LFCTwitterCards

Ugh. That's frustrating. Darn bureaucracy! 

Hopefully he's cleared so I can watch him live my first pre-season Sunday avvy at Bradford in Stevie Darby's game.

Hail. 

With the usual caveat of 'its a pre-season friendly', that couldn't have started much better. 

6 of the best, without return, to carry on the glory of what we currently are. 

Tranmere, as many a team will feel this season, you just met Europe's best. 😎

And a very big, physical Tranmere side at that which made the great performances of all the young lads even better. Thoroughly professional, hard working, workout with great one/ two touch quick pass and move logger the full 90 that the League One side naturally couldn't keep up with. That's the standard set for the summer. (Performance, attitude/ hunger and work rate wise. Forget the bonus of the clinical finishes.). Keep on maintaining that boys before the first chance of 7 this season the Charity Shield against City. 

Few notable's- 

LB. This is gonna' be a really enjoyable open battle this summer as to who wins Alby's vacant slot in the squad backing up Andy Robbo. I make that pretty much even after round one. Larouci was great first half going forward. Lewis the same the second. With some crunching tattles thrown into boot. 

Hoever has noticeably filled out without losing any of his speed. And the rest of his game at RB was as classy as ever. Been beating the drum for this kid to whomever will listen since we devoed Ajax by stealing him. Defo first team player going forward make no mistake. 

Talking of-

Rhian Brewster. Telling yer. This lad is gone' surprise a lot of people the PL this year. Like the aforementioned young Dutch defender, he's filled out a lot to add that strength to his game. Without losing any of his rapid speed. 2 great goals. An assist. And an all round game so reminiscent of Owen with the clinical ness of Robbie it's frightening what L'pool and England have on their hands here. His speed of thought and movement is a joy to behold. Keep on saying it, but he's a proper superstar in the making. 

Great to see Ben Woodburn looking like a ten ton weight's been lifted off his shoulders and playing freely with confidence again. Along with Curtis Jones continuing his fine end to last season the 23's after he'd regressed for large parts of it. Both should be well served out on loan somewhere this year. I'm hesitant to say too much on Wilson and Kent as I don't think either has a future here but props to both for hitting the ground running in a very good 45 minute display. Boss assist by H for Brewster's first. 

Prise to the other kids too for contributing a fine display. The centre-half's who won't have a future here all things being equal. And the two young forwards who may well do in the coming years. Bobby Duncan scoring his first, first-team goal ..... Man alive, for a Scouse lad, it doesn't get ANY better than that. The lucky btard haha. 

Great to see Alex and JMG get through 45 unscathed putting themselves about. The rest of the senior vets. were as professional as they always are. 

Only downside was Glatzel's injury. Hopefully not too bad. And the absolutely mad socks. WTF are they all about?

Props to Tranmere for making that a competitive, very beneficial first workout. 

1 down. 6 to go before the first trophy of the season is on the line. 

Onto Bradford and Steven Darby's big day for his charity Sunday. 

Up the 6 times Reds!

Hail. 

7 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

The irony there is that thick I'm struggling to see through it. 😀

Hail. 

I was thinking the same thing exactly. I just don’t have the attention to detail that allows me to post every single time I hear another set of supporters sing about United. 

10 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

I was thinking the same thing exactly. I just don’t have the attention to detail that allows me to post every single time I hear another set of supporters sing about United. 

Well TBF you just could just cut out the middle man and leave it to Utd singing about L'pool and, utterly madly, Leeds every single game. 😉

Anyway, props to whomever in Oz for some next level ****housery trolling that's narked the club right off-

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-united-left-furious-liverpool-16568988

#theunbearables. 😎

Hail. 

42 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Well TBF you just could just cut out the middle man and leave it to Utd singing about L'pool and, utterly madly, Leeds every single game. 😉

Anyway, props to whomever in Oz for some next level ****housery trolling that's narked the club right off-

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-united-left-furious-liverpool-16568988

#theunbearables. 😎

Hail. 

Nobody from Salford can afford to rent a plane that’s why we sent a lad to Anfield to hold up a sign a few years ago. 

On 7/10/2019 at 4:59 PM, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

^^^^^ Talking of Madrid .....

The best team in all of Europe are back in action tomorrow evening at Tranmere! 

Brewster with a first half brace, and by all accounts, Laroucci and Hoever both looked great as wide backs. The future is bright!

Looking forward to seeing some of this young talent when I head up to Boston in little over a week. Sevilla should give the youngsters a good, tough run out.  

Im sure there will be photos to share!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, FanboyOf91 said:

....wait, which one?

:table2:

Brazilian tv decided to release Neymar's interview on Monday, they gonna likely lay an egg.

Rumors saying barca doesn't want to spend money and will propose a 3 players deal to be chosen among Philippe Coutinho, Ousmane Dembélé, Samuel Umtit, Nelson Semedo

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 1

Loving going through some of the reactions to the #stephendarbybaby challenge- 

https://mobile.twitter.com/hashtag/StephenDarbyBaby?src=hashtag_click

Jay Spearing and the Blackpool lads trying to sing on the Big One haha. 

Really looking forward to my first game of the summer tomorrow. Pushing 2 decades since we last went to Bradford, who we've always had a close, shared bond with the respective tragedies we've both suffered and supported each other through. But the extra significance of raising awareness for Stevie Darby's new foundation just adds to what should be a fun, emotional day out:

https://mobile.twitter.com/hashtag/StephenDarbyBaby?src=hashtag_click

Tragic to be struck down with motor neurone disease at 30 knowing there's currently no cure and he's just going to get progressively worse. Young lad in the prime of his health like that. Life can be super cruel at times. Never realised he was married to the England woman''s captain Steph Houghton until this week and she had to be convinced to play the WC and not stay home supporting him. Sounds a belter girl. 

Nice to play our part in such a worthwhile cause for a fellow Scouser and Red as part of the pre-season prep. 

Jurgen's thoughts on the significance and the squad taking up the song challenge haha- 

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/356309-jurgen-klopp-bradford-city-stephen-darby

And background to tomorrow and our former FA Youth Cup winning captain- 

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/356239-stephen-darby-mnd-foundation-liverpool-bradford-city

Hail. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/12/2019 at 3:31 AM, Long n Left said:

Looking forward to seeing some of this young talent when I head up to Boston in little over a week. Sevilla should give the youngsters a good, tough run out.  

Im sure there will be photos to share!

It's not official as yet like the Chicago and NY gigs, but I believe the TAW lads are doing something in Boston too. Which may well be of interest after how much you enjoyed that last summer mate. 

And as it's you-

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/356692-ki-jana-hoever-liverpool-usa-tour-interview

If Hoever's not the primary, go-to back-up to Trent by the season's end I'll be very surprised. 

His ceiling is limitless and the rapid rate of his development here (with a massive nod to Ajax for bringing him up right) is frightening. And what a humble young man to boot reading that. 

We're future-proofing with not only some seriously good talent. But some great lads too.

Hail. 

• Like 1

On the eve of tomorrow's big Klopp love-in, AKA the latest battle between L'pool and Dortmund, it'd be remiss to not take the chance to remember one of the very best in the LONG list of great Anfield European nights his first season here- 

Absolute spine tingling chills at the memories watching that again. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

This is fixing to be quite the football Friday. If long and tiring one. 

Charity Shield tickets boxed. /

Sadio to watch (hopefully) win the AFCON the evening. 

The latest Klopp love-in with our friends from Dortmund to round out the day/ early Saturday AM.

1 down. 2 to go. 

Next up, all the best to Mane and his Senegal mates in their quest to become Africas best for the first time ever in their Country's history later. Absolutely mad to think his season is now in its 13th straight month. We'll be killing these lads before much longer.

Hail. 

• Like 1

Ack. Senegal's wait for a trophy goes on. 

Shockingly poor final. Algeria with absolutely zero intention of playing football. Mourinho or Simeone would have been proud of their coach tonight. Senegal, although the much better side, incredibly naive tactically and not learning from a very similar first game. Atrocious officiating .....

Somewhat fitting that Algeria's only shot the whole game results in a mad deflection and totally freak goal to win it. 

Even more fitting a real poor quality, defensively brutal AFCON ends in such fashion. 

Congratulations Algeria.

Devoed for Sadio. When he's openly saying he'd swap his CL winners medal for his Country winning tonight then nottin more needs adding on just how majorly important this tournament is to these lads. 

Chin up mate. You've had another ridiculous year of improvement that's elevated you into the very top bracket of players on the planet. Go rest up well. (Hopefully longer than the standard 3 weeks. After a 13 month season he deserves a longer rest.). 

Come back ready to do it all again this coming season. 

2 down. 1 to go. Time to get a few hours before the Dortmund game.

Hail.