Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Think I'd like a City win this dinner time. A draw would be sound and the best in respect of both clubs dropping 2 points. But this Chelsea run has gone on a little too long now and needs to end! Can't see anything other than Arsenal battering West Ham later who are in a terrible mess. 

With L'pool having what should be a straight forward afternoon at Bournemouth tomorrow it'll just be nice to see one or both of 2 of the top 3 drop points today.

Hail.

• Like 1

The U-18's are kicking-off at home against Middlesbrough as I type. 

Mad to think in the corresponding game last year Ben Woodburn made the step up from playing for the U-16's that same morning to come off the bench for his U-18's debut at just 15 years of age. 

A little over a year and three months later he's now become L'pool's youngest ever goalscorer and their third youngest debutant. In the Premier League no less. 

Unbelievably boss, crazy mad 15 month rapid rise for that young man.

Hail. 

• Like 1

That's two weeks in a row that Anthony Taylor is having an absolute shocker.

Stonewall red for Luiz there... Chelsea should be down to 10 men.

Hazard looks fantastic early on but he also doesn't seem to have the killer mentality.

2 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Think I'd like a City win this dinner time. A draw would be sound and the best in respect of both clubs dropping 2 points. But this Chelsea run has gone on a little too long now and needs to end! Can't see anything other than Arsenal battering West Ham later who are in a terrible mess. 

With L'pool having what should be a straight forward afternoon at Bournemouth tomorrow it'll just be nice to see one or both of 2 of the top 3 drop points today.

Hail.

I'll also take Bob Bradley and his 400 page set-piece playbook to take a couple, if not all three, from Spurs.

• Like 1

Luiz should of walked. 

Prime case of why Taylor shouldn't be ANYWHERE near a City/ United game. Leaves it open to all sorts of controversy. '****, I'm under pressure here. I'm from Manchester. Can't be seen to be favouring City .....' Or worse he's a Utd fan. 

Why the FA/ Premier League/ Refs Association continue to make such boneheaded appointments is beyond everyone.

Aside from the fact the bellends from Wythenshawe, he's **** out of most every call. At least three, if not 4 massive ones missed. 

One of the worst officials we have. Which is really saying something given the current piss poor standard of refereeing in England.

Hail. 

• Like 1

I think the loan spell at Stoke did wonders for Moses and his defending.

He still leaves a LOT to be desired in the final third, though.

1 minute ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

That Luiz non-call be a MASSIVE factor if this result holds.

Hail.

He's also bottling fouls in the City third

Shoul've been a free kick a moment ago

Was definitely a foul on Alonso there on Navas but I don't think you should give a pen for that

14 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

That Luiz non-call be a MASSIVE factor if this result holds.

Hail.

Seeing Mel says we're out of the Dahoud sweepstakes.

We are all in on Pulisic and it's to the tune of 30 million plus.

• Like 1

Poor end to a good game for Chelsea.  To be fair, luiz should have been booked for his challenge.  I'm not sure it should be red, but it's obviously up for debate.  Definitely a booking.  

The counter attack today was lethal.  City got an own goal only, although Kdb should have scored his sitter obviously which would have changed the game.  Courtois was good, costa and hazard were great, and David luiz was instrumental on defense.  

To to end the game, aguero made a terrible tackle.  Frustrated city took it out in a thuggish way, kind of like the Tottenham game last year.  Bad end to a good game.  And my main man Conte!!  Passes his hardest test to date.  

20 minutes ago, DC9 said:

Seeing Mel says we're out of the Dahoud sweepstakes.

We are all in on Pulisic and it's to the tune of 30 million plus.

Flipped over to Dortmund- Gladbach funnily enough. 

Pulisic on the bench. Dahoud starting. 1-1 already 7 minutes in. Gladbach in front. Dortmund level seconds latter/ 

8 minutes ago, SkinssRvA said:

Congratulations. Not sure how City didn't get at least a point save for they can't defend for **** and you dug in, defended well and were absolutely clinical with the three chances you had. Augero is an absolute disgrace BTW. 

With no disrespect to Bournemouth intended, City's the team we both likely get a little bit of daylight over this weekend then. 

And with City's horrid December and Chelsea and L'pool's comfortable run, this could swing to a two horse race the turn the year.

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 2

Dortmund looked unstoppable the second half.  Dembele, Reus, and Abeymang are just fantastic attacking trio.  I see them as a definite threat to win the BL this season and go far in the UCL.  

Watching Chicharito miss a PK in the 88th minute made me laugh a little inside.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FanboyOf91 said:

West Ham are awful.

West Ham and Everton are in free fall. Both be DEEP in a relegation fight over Christmas. Book it! 

Mouching round social media, and talking to a few friends, I have to ask .... Why are Reds really nervous about frigging Bournemouth? Like if Chelsea or Arsenal were at Bournemouth this weekend would we be expecting them to struggle? No! Exactly! So why the F are lads STILL nervous about the Reds going there? Yeah, Bournemouth are a tidy side that will make us work. But we're flying high up the top the league on a 15 game unbeaten run comfortably dealing with all comers. It's like L'pool fans the PL era have been bitten on the arse SO many times with false dawns they're the eternal pessimists in the face of everything to the contrary. 

Frigging live a little and embrace the title talk will yers! These Reds are SERIOUS contenders. And serious title contending teams aren't frigging worried about going to somewhere like Bournemouth! 

Might be another patient game to sit through. (Something that was lost in the midweek 'discussion' on here when I said I felt we always had another couple of gears to go though if we'd needed them against Leeds The last 3 or 4 games we've seen a completely different side to these Reds showing yet another different way they can beat you. The patient game where they'll just keep steadily plodding away until the chances come. And if that takes 60/70/80 minutes so be it. They know it will. You can't just blam every team off the park 5 or 6 EVERY game of the season.). But the goals will come with that patience safe in the knowledge we can turn it on at full pelt for a 15 minute spell if need be and destroy anyone. 

Don't get the trepidation at all with this side. Another comfortable 2-0 tomorrow for the third straight game. 

Then more than likely back to battering a side at home next Sat'day when West Ham are in town 

Up the 'Jürgens Juggernaut rolling through a Town near you' Reds! 

Hail. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

It's like L'pool fans the PL era have been bitten on the arse SO many times with false dawns they're the eternal pessimists in the face of everything to the contrary. 

Frigging live a little and embrace the title talk will yers! These Reds are SERIOUS contenders. And serious title contending teams aren't frigging worried about going to somewhere like Bournemouth! 

Hail. 

Much like being a Skins fan, I hope for the best and expect the worst.  Not a long-time Red supporter, but a lifetime of Redskins has prepared me well.  The trick is in breaking down these mid to lower table teams that bunker in their final third.  Losing Coutino from the ranks hurts, though getting Lallana back is great.  We'll need all the creativity and vision we can get tomorrow. 

Any word on Matip?  Lucas or Klavan are a big drop from him, though likely enough. 

On transfers: at this point, I want anyone that Klopp wants.  He has proven himself on anticipating (and then delivering) player development.  I do think we'll need someone in early January.  With Phil working his way back after 5-6 weeks off and Mane kickin it in Africa, we'll need the creative play of an addition... unless Woodburn is that guy.  Again, I trust Klopp's feel there, though I'd err on the side of caution and bring someone in in addition to pushing the kid.

• Like 2

Matip should be good to go by all accounts. Personally wouldn't start Lallana. He only returned to full training Thursday after three weeks out. Can't be anything other than 100% to play the way we do. I'd be easing him back off the bench. 

Hope for the best and expect it! These Reds keep delivering week after week. It's more fun if you believe in them to keep doing that. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven