Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

43 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Hope for the best and expect it! These Reds keep delivering week after week. It's more fun if you believe in them to keep doing that. 

Hail. 

Take it from an old timer, this is the way it was during Gibbs 1.0. Just knew going into RFK, or hunkering down in front of the TV Sunday, that the Skins would win, only question was by how many. Minneapolis in 1992 was the culmination of this as I witnessed the stomping of the Bills.

I get what you're saying dchogs, it's been a long dry spell...not unlike the Reds too. This year does have a different feel to it. Kudos to GHH for driving the Red hype train from the get go.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Long n Left said:

Take it from an old timer, this is the way it was during Gibbs 1.0. Just knew going into RFK, or hunkering down in front of the TV Sunday, that the Skins would win, only question was by how many. Minneapolis in 1992 was the culmination of this as I witnessed the stomping of the Bills..... 

Man after my own heart. I could talk your ear off about the '91 team all week long my friend like it was yesterday. My all time favourite Redskins season ever and it's not even close. Getting the feeling the more this rolls, these Reds are in for a similar special, special season like that Redskin vintage. 

Matchday! Here we go again fella's .....

With Matip getting in sessions the end of the week, I would imagine it'll be the same side as Sunderland sans Origi for Coutinho with Firmino dropping to the left of him. (At least to start. Do any of the attacking players have a set position with all the interchanging? Wijnaldum was supposedly pushed on like he was for Newcastle last year the left against Leeds but he was rarely in that role for any great period. In fact it was hard to workout just what we were playing Tuesday as just as you thought you had it figured, the formation subtly changed again!). 

Like I mentioned yesterday, and I don't think Klopp will as you have to be completely ready to play for him; but I wouldn't personally bring Lallana straight back into the XI. He only returned to full training Thursday after being out since the last England game and you need to be 100% to contribute in this team. So ease him back off the bench and get another full week of hard work under his belt before West Ham next Sunday. Hopefully one or more of Ejaria, Trent and Woodburn (all three are down in Bournemouth with the squad) make the bench again. That would be as satisfying as anything. 

We sat and watched Chelsea and the Arsenal rise to the challenge yesterday. Now it's time to send out own statement to those watching us that these Reds are going nowhere! 

Roll on half 1 and another three points on The Road to 19!

Hail. 

*Edit* God. We're wearing the horrid third ****e. At least it might not be as blinding on the eyes with no lights on them!

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 2

One player out. Matip misses. Very happy Lucas replaces him. Klavan's been great but Lucas reads the game so well back there and has been excellent all season. The brainfart against Leicester excepted. Mad how he's so good at defensive headers yet has always been so poor at offensive ones. Maybe it's being behind the ball and seeing it coming toward him rather than having to take the initiative and attack it the other end? A-A, Ejaria and Woodburn ALL on the bench along with the returning Lallana which makes me as happy as anything. 

Ibe still benched for Bournemouth too which is good. As out of form as he continues to be, it would of been typical for him to refind it against his former club!

Hail. 

• Like 1

Up early in the desert, computer loaded, watching a bunch of traffic safety cops running round the pitch. God, I hate those kits!

Three from the mighty Reds this morning, then to experience a takedown of birds in the desert. A glorious Sunday indeed.

BTW, the Rally last night was a nuthouse, if you hadn't heard. LOTS of Redskins this part of the desert.

Onward and upward you mighty Reds!

• Like 2

Ugh... we're wearing the highlighter piss kits

Just now, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

NBC's Rebecca Low (Sp?) is seriously narked with Mustoe (rightly) pulling her on Milner isn't she?

Hail. 

That's cause they say that about Jimmy every week and every week he's the best left back in England

Not going down to the South coast I see?

I wouldn't miss it after the FA Cup brawl in 2013 lol

At least until my arthritic knees were unbareable. 

They'd call me "the geezer."

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DC9 said:

This youngin has all of the streams if you're lacking

Thanks. NBCSports running just wonderfully for me so far this am. Nobody else up to jam the wifi here at the hotel yet.

Looks a glorious day on the island. Shadows on the pitch, a bit of a rarity.?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Long n Left said:

Up early in the desert, computer loaded, watching a bunch of traffic safety cops running round the pitch. God, I hate those kits!

Three from the mighty Reds this morning, then to experience a takedown of birds in the desert. A glorious Sunday indeed.

BTW, the Rally last night was a nuthouse, if you hadn't heard. LOTS of Redskins this part of the desert.

Onward and upward you mighty Reds!

You going the Cards game mate?

Brilliant. Made up for yer. Hope it's a great game and a 'Skins W! Loved the experience of full speed regular season football for the first time the Bengals game the other month. Even if a tie is no good to anyone in the NFL. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

You going the Cards game mate?

Brilliant. Made up for yer. Hope it's a great game and a 'Skins W! Loved the experience of full speed regular season football for the first time the Bengals game the other month. Even if a tie is no good to anyone in the NFL. 

Hail. 

I will be there. 4th row behind Skins bench on the goal line. Wearing my 75th anniversary away 21 jersey.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DC9 said:

None of those three fouls outside the 18 were free kicks I guess

Getting used to that now. 

Just like Ike you can push a fella' over in his back when you can't get round him and it's not a penalty. *Smiles at Morrison. 

Origi man. You HAVE to score there. Tap in. Keep it going Redmen.

Hail.

• Like 1

Just now, Long n Left said:

Was listening to that commentary about Milner and Bournemouths attacking options also. My thought? Go ahead and attack us, we'll just drop 5 or 6 on you!

The commentary said that and they've been thwarted down each flank.  The last two down Clyne's end right in front of the support and they had Nate one on one.

Your Dutch kin is having his best game in Red (so to speak) so far.  Outstanding stuff from Gini so far today.

• Like 1