Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

3 hours ago, DC9 said:

Not a bad day, boys.  Not a bad day at all.

It wasn't. Until BBC's Newsnight came on and left you shaking with rage .....

Kudos to Evan Davis for handing that despicable, smug, low life ****bag Bettison his arse. Great journalism Sir. 

The absolute, smug, gall of the cretin even now sickens you to the pit of your stomach. How he has the bold faced nerve to talk about the hurt of families and survivors over the years when he continues, in the face of everything to the contrary, to perpetuate the heinous lies, still causing that hurt and keeping it excessively raw is beyond the pale. 

I'd still love someone to explain how this POS can bring out and profit from a book when he's under investigation. Which no member of the public would EVER be afforded. 

Hate is a horrid emotion but I hate him and his ilk with every fibre of my being. His day in court is LONG overdue. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

It wasn't. Until BBC's Newsnight came on and left you shaking with rage .....

Kudos to Evan Davis for handing that despicable, smug, low life ****bag Bettison his arse. Great journalism Sir.

The absolute, smug, gall of the cretin even now sickens you to the pit of your stomach. How he has the bold faced nerve to talk about the hurt of families and survivors over the years when he continues, in the face of everything to the contrary, to perpetuate the heinous lies, still causing that hurt and keeping it excessively raw is beyond the pale. 

I'd still love someone to explain how this POS can bring out and profit from a book when he's under investigation. Which no member of the public would EVER be afforded. 

Hate is a horrid emotion but I hate him and his ilk with every fibre of my being. His day in court is LONG overdue. 

Hail. 

Almost has the look that he had him on just to embarrass him.  Which good on him if that were the case, I just hate that it has to dig at your scars for it to happen, bro.

He's a proper politician though isn't he?

Edited by DC9

7 hours ago, DC9 said:

Almost has the look that he had him on just to embarrass him.  Which good on him if that were the case, I just hate that it has to dig at your scars for it to happen, bro.

He's a proper politician though isn't he?

Oh, ED was superb. He was totally factually prepared and caught the rat out right from his opening response. 

A true politician is a good analogy. The complete, insolent smugness of him to still continue to patronise, to be kind, that he acknowledges the findings BUT ..... And then to have the nerve to say there's been a witch hunt against him and SYP ..... With all he's standing to and then unbelievably being allowed to bring out a book whilst under full investigation from IPCC has all the hallmarks of someone who yet again knows the Establishment has his back and the most he'll get for his part in the coverup is a slap on the wrist. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

Moving on from low life POS ..... I was just reading how Bobby and Phil are in doubt to start Sat'day after their hike back to South America nd not getting back until late last night .....

Poor Southampton. As if being **** scared enough to be facing Phil, Bobby and a much improved Mané from what you knew wasn't bad enough, they wouldn't even get any respite if they thought the two Brazilians and Lallana were out with the experience of Sturridge and Origi together ripping them a new one for 6 still fresh in their minds! There's sleepless nights and then some this week down the South Coast! 

It'll be very interesting to see if/ either of the Brazilians make it. He's consistently shown you have to be in 100% peak condition to play or he'll sit you. Regardless of your stature or importance within the side. Phil was left the bench against Leicester earlier this season the Sat'day game after a long haul for Brazil. (Seem to recall we chartered a plane to get him back a day early then as we just have this week but don't quote me.). The added intrigue is with Firmino, Sturridge and Origi being away, he won't of had a great deal of time to work on anything for Southampton with one of them specifically in mind. (Related aside: Big bonus again that Karius, Milner, Matip and Lovren were all here through the break. More down time for 4 of the back 5 to continue working together and growing the understanding.). 

It will be real interesting for once this year to see if the lineup/ formation changes any with 2 or 3 in question. But then if it does, as Tottenham (still my favourite game thus far for this very reason) showed, the depth in the squad is deep with everyone fully attuned to what both their respective rolls are and the understanding of everyone elses and where to fill in and cover for others is the more repetition and work they put in the training ground on Klopp's version of Michels and Sacchi's total football ideals. 

His pre-Southampton presser this morning so we'll know more on everyones fitness after that.

Hail. 

*Edit* That's what he's just said on the players concerned: 

James Pearce ‏@JamesPearceEcho 11m11 minutes ago
Klopp on Lallana: "With Adam we don't know yet exactly. We haven't done a scan until now. It will be close. Hopefully not too serious."

Klopp on preparing for Southampton

“In our situation, how we played until now, everybody wants this. But it’s difficult to go to Southampton and get three points, when we are at our best we are much more difficult for Southampton to play than they can imagine.

The Brazilian players have just come back. We did all we could to bring them back comfortably. I did not see them. I hope they slept straight away.”

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, FrFan said:

So, Klopp is starting an airline business in south america :)

Things you have to do in the modern game. 

Apparently Chelsea, City and PSG all chipped in this time to get their Brazilians back quickly: 

Liverpool, Chelsea and Man City reach agreement with PSG | Football | Sport | Daily Express

:ols: The power of FM! :rofl89::rofl89:

Pinned Tweet

Hoffenheim's scout Lutz Pfannenstiel say they signed Roberto Firmino in 2011 after having found him on Football Manager. This is brilliant.

CxdPhorW8AQhj6n.jpg

Hail.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Jurgen Klopp's ray of light to sign long term Liverpool target, patience required - Sportwitness

No real 'new' news per se on Dahoud. Just a clearing up on the poor reporting from yesterday the British media that Gladbach definitely don't want to sell.

Hail. 

So Lallana is not a serious injury but he will miss SOTON Saturday.

He'll be back in training next week.

And bro I've seen Tah, Dahoud and the Iranian striker playing well  in Russia mentioned.

It's going to be an interesting window, I think we'll get two players. 

3 minutes ago, DC9 said:

So Lallana is not a serious injury but he will miss SOTON Saturday.

He'll be back in training next week. 

I'd imagine that be the way. No need at all to rush ANYONE with the squad as strong as it is. 

Wijnaldum slot back in just fine alongside Emre. 

3 minutes ago, DC9 said:

And bro I've seen Tah, Dahoud and the Iranian striker playing well  in Russia mentioned.

It's going to be an interesting window, I think we'll get two players. 

PULISIC! PULISIC! PULISIC! PULISIC! PULISIC! PULISIC! PULISIC! PULISIC! 

Hail. 

*Edit* Two players with Sakho finally sold would be an awesome start to the NY. 

• Like 3

Philippe Coutinho 'undergoes scan', could miss Southampton trip - This Is Anfield

So we're potentially down two of our players of the year thus far, Lallana and Phil for Sat'day. 

Meaning Wijnaldum or Sturridge are likely to play. Or maybe we switch to the diamond the middle and play Origi and Sturridge up top and Firmino dropping back?

If ONLY we had some top quality squad depth huh? cool.gif.

#completeconfidencewhoeverplays

Hail. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Steven Gerrard linked with MK Dons managerial vacancy - Sky sources | Football News | Sky Sports

Well that's disappointing that he's even talking. ANYONE but them. 

MK Dons, a football cl ..... sorry, franchise who have no right being a football club to start with.

Hail. 

Stevie... say it ain't so... the ghost of Wimbledon's Past :ols:

16 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Philippe Coutinho 'undergoes scan', could miss Southampton trip - This Is Anfield

So we're potentially down two of our players of the year thus far, Lallana and Phil for Sat'day. 

Meaning Wijnaldum or Sturridge are likely to play. Or maybe we switch to the diamond the middle and play Origi and Sturridge up top and Firmino dropping back?

If ONLY we had some top quality squad depth huh? cool.gif.

#completeconfidencewhoeverplays

Hail. 

Never had Cou going anyway.

- Karius

- Clyne, Matip, Lovren, Jimmy

- Gini, Can, Hendo

- Mane, Sturridge, Bobby

7 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

PULISIC! PULISIC! PULISIC! PULISIC! PULISIC! PULISIC! PULISIC! PULISIC! 

Hail. 

*Edit* Two players with Sakho finally sold would be an awesome start to the NY. 

Just not sure we're going to see it.  I want to be optimistic, but I'm not on Pulisic.

Dahoud and Tah yes.  If we sell Sakho and Sturridge you might see an all out spree.

Pulisic and the Iranian kid would be an amazing window.  But if we got all four I might have a heart attack.

8 minutes ago, DC9 said:

Just not sure we're going to see it.  I want to be optimistic, but I'm not on Pulisic.

Dahoud and Tah yes.  If we sell Sakho and Sturridge you might see an all out spree.

Pulisic and the Iranian kid would be an amazing window.  But if we got all four I might have a heart attack.

I GUARANTEE Sturridge will be here next year playing a much bigger part with the added European games. 

There. I said it. :runlukerun:

Hail. 

*Edit* Why the F do you end up with the red lightsaber? MOM! He's done it again! 

Always looked at this 6 game run (H. Watford before the break, then A. Southampton, H. Sunderland, A. Bournemouth, H. West Ham, A. Middlesbrough) as a chance to do some serious damage before we round out with the Derby before Chrimbo. Everyone else plays each other and have a very hectic, tough looking schedule. Looking at, at least 14 points from those 18 if not more. Brushing Watford aside for 6, who hadn't conceded their 3 prior, was a great start to those ends. 

Although being top at Christmas as I fully expect is a mixed blessing for L'pool fans. There's only one team been top at Christmas the PL era and failed to win the league. 

And we've achieved that dubious feat twice! sad.gif.

Hail. 

On 11/17/2016 at 0:06 PM, DC9 said:

You asked in the other thread how the leg was doing. Sorry it's taken a long while to respond.

Leg is healing well, started walking without a crutch "full time" yesterday. Walking independently with a limp right now—dorsiflexion range of motion is keeping me from walking normally but there seems to be progress everyday.

PT is rough—not the exercises, my physio wrenches my foot around, pulls on the joint, makes it flex where it doesn't want to go. Painful but it's gotta be done. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Elessar78 said:

You asked in the other thread how the leg was doing. Sorry it's taken a long while to respond.

Leg is healing well, started walking without a crutch "full time" yesterday. Walking independently with a limp right now—dorsiflexion range of motion is keeping me from walking normally but there seems to be progress everyday.

PT is rough—not the exercises, my physio wrenches my foot around, pulls on the joint, makes it flex where it doesn't want to go. Painful but it's gotta be done. 

I was going to ask about you as I saw you posted in another thread.

Happy to hear it is healing well.  Keep up the good work.  Like I said, any time you want to list the stuff you do in PT, I will be happy to do the same to let you know you aren't alone.  We are ALL rooting for you and want you to have a full recovery.  Keep It Up!!!!

Ride the bike/do the eliptical when you can.  You want to keep that cardio in form to the extent you can.

You skip it for a while at our age and it sucks getting back into it lol

17 hours ago, FanboyOf91 said:

Manu-Arsenal is going to be so ****ing boring.

Darmian should've been off there. 

About the extent of the excitement so far.

Absolutely shocked that Coutinho is starting instead of Sturridge.  Not upset by any means, but definitely didn't expect him to be on the bench let alone in the 11 today.

Gini for Adam and that looks like it.  Important points available here today. Need to find a way to get all 3.