Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

26 minutes ago, DC9 said:

Phil just has to stay.

I'll get a tramp stamp of him if that helps.

PLEASE, do not post that! :o

Just back, and not only was our speedster missing, but also our top CB, winger, and DM, because of school things. CB made it about 25 in, and the other two for the last 15-20. 

We scored the opener off one of the prettiest goals I've seen from any I've coached. My daughter took a corner, hits her teammate about 8 yards out, far post. She volleys back across to the near post, and my CM volleys in. Wish I had it on video.

Second half saw my daughter net a penalty, then put it to bed with about 10 left. Took her off after, and as she runs by, smirks, "There's your brace!" Don't know where she gets it from. She could have had 4, but other team's keeper made two worldies on crackers she sent on frame.

Big win. Now a glass of wine, and off to the semis to face a team we lost to in season 3-2. Gonna be minus 3 starters, but my speed striker, who came to cheer, said she was gonna try and give it a go.

Onward Reds! 

Onward Wildcats!

BTW, just saw Cutinho's opener. Phil just doing what Phil does!

• Like 2

Liverpool hand Academy director Inglethorpe new long-term deal - Liverpool Echo

Following on from a few of the coaches being extended, more excellent news for long term stability. 

The club from top to bottom is currently as well run as it has been since probably going back the '80's. And that's REAL refreshing after all the constant change and in-fighting through the majority of the PL era.

Hail. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DC9 said:

Congrats to you and yours, brother!

What a run!

And yes, I hate missing the ones that we don't get on video, but that sounds like an advanced goal for girls that age.  Excellent work!

Thank you, brother, but I believe it was full on luck, certainly can't take any coaching credit for that! It was pretty though!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

I HATE weekends when these Reds are lightening up our lives with scintillating, heart stopping football. 

****ing International breaks!

Hail. 

Oh well, at least we get to see the Dutch get an undeserved draw with Belgium, saving Danny Blind for another few months...YECH!  

10 hours ago, DC9 said:

I was thinking of you dear brother before January and you driving yourself insane with rumours .....

You know what I'd love? (And what I suspect will happen in terms of these two names but we'll see.). For us to go and get either, or both Dahoud and Pulisic, even it means having to throw anywhere from £20 -30 million, and then not having to worry if they hardly play between January and the end of the season as they'd both be long term investments for a good number of years. 

Everyone outside the club, and many younger L'pool fans as is today's fan, would be losing their collective heads like but they'd have the second half of this year with no pressure just getting used to England in general/ how we train under Klopp and exactly what's expected/ understanding their role within the intricate system we play et all; and be fully assimilated the pre-season ready for the rigours of a double league and European assault next year. 

That would be the prefect January. The squads sound. We're not lacking for depth in any area. We have a great crop ready to step up from the U-23's you've seen play well the first team and wouldn't be worried about throwing in the PL. So continue in that vein and invest for the future. 

Which is the managers MO to begin with.

Hail. 

4 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

I HATE weekends when these Reds are lightening up our lives with scintillating, heart stopping football. 

****ing International breaks!

Hail. 

We have USA vs Mexico tonight and Skins-Vikings and that is it for a four day weekend here... I can't do it!!!!!!!!!!

It's also our last two weekends down here in NC, so I'm also waste deep in boxes....

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, DC9 said:

We have USA vs Mexico tonight and Skins-Vikings and that is it for a four day weekend here... I can't do it!!!!!!!!!!

It's also our last two weekends down here in NC, so I'm also waste deep in boxes....

Looking forward to the Mexio match. 

Convinced we're getting Pulisic January. Or at the very least going back in HARD for him. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

This story and video just reminded me of why I love soccer so much:

http://www.foxsports.com/soccer/story/watch-this-one-legged-dundee-united-fan-score-a-cantona-esque-chip-111016

By Aaron WestNov 10, 2016 at 5:38p ET

At halftime of Dundee United's 1-0 win over Dunfermline on Tuesday, United fans were challenged to race down the pitch from midfield and score in 10 seconds.

32-year-old Tommy McKay stepped up to the challenge and hightailed it down the pitch with plenty of time to spare, calmly lobbing the goalkeeper from 20 yards out with a magnificently weighted chip worthy of the players on show in the actual match.

And he did it all with just one leg <video and rest at link>

• Like 3

Great goal from the only true top class talent England have. The way Sturridge found space the box and then to score with such a deft header was a thing of beauty. Actually quite happy with Sturridge playing for England for once. Keeps his match fitness topped up and goals like that can only aid his sharpness and confidence. 

Apart from the goal, terrible game. Scotland deserve to be level. With Rooney showing in glorious technicolor why Utd fans are so dismayed when he plays for them these days. By far and away the worst player on the park. Which against Scotland who are utter wank is quite impressive. 

Utd still keeping him around is one thing but England selecting him tells you all you need to know about their continued f-ed up situation. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

3 points is ALL that matters in the tedious qualification phase. 

How you get them is immaterial. 

Hail. 

Oh I agree.  I just chose to watch that match of all of them cause France has it in them to play the best football.  Didn't necessarily see that early on but I'm glad they showed up.

For whatever reason I have a soft spot for them.

• Like 1

Well... not sure I get this 11 from Klinsmann

Howard

Besler

Brooks

Gonzo

Timmy Chandler

Fabi Johnson

Bradley

Jones

Pulisic

Jozy

Bobby Wood

5 Defenders...

2 Holding Mids

1 Attack Mids

2 Center Forwards

Pulisic is about to run his ass off tonight.

Edited by DC9

6 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Same with me and the US. 

Even if I'm now scared ****less by the absolute clueless lunatic you've put in power but that's a conversation for the dinner table at some future point and not here.

Jackass. :P.

Hail. 

I'm cooking the fatted cat this Christmas, bro.  It's going to be a week long feast through Boxing Day.

• Like 1