Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

11 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

3 points is ALL that matters in the tedious qualification phase. 

How you get them is immaterial. 

Hail. 

Let me disagree on this particular game my friend. We were celebrating the deads from the Paris attack which happened exactly a year ago (including the attempt on the stadium). Therefore I was expecting nothing but a full game maximum effort instead of the usual lazyness.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FrFan said:
2 hours ago, FrFan said:

Let me disagree on this particular game my friend. We were celebrating the deads from the Paris attack which happened exactly a year ago (including the attempt on the ). Therefore I was expecting nothing but a full game maximum effort instead of the usual lazyness.

Try again. Damn cell.

Well that's completely different. There's absolutely NO excuse for a lack of effort. 

Shame on the French players for that. Sorry man.

Hail.

• Like 1

As we know I'm ALL about 'The Man, The Myth, The living LEG-END Joe MF Gomez!' ('Groan! THIS again!' go the readers! :P), so this makes me as happy as most anything that's happened thus far this year. :headbang:.

Gomez ends Liverpool injury nightmare with 45 minute return - Liverpool Echo

Take yer time mate. Just build that strength and fitness back up slowly and be fully back raring to go next pre-season to play a major part in 2017-18. Just boss to have you finally get out on the football pitch in an actual game again. :).

Hail. 

• Like 2

Unfortunately, the girls came up short Saturday evening in the semis. Down 3 starters: top CB, winger, and FB, and my speedster gave it a go, but was far less than 100%. CM had shin splints acting up and was far off her pace also.

They gave it a valiant effort, and missed on some opportunities, but kept it scoreless until 8 minutes from end. My daughter got a free kick from about 23 yards out near corner of the box some 3-4 minutes later, and had the keeper beat, but it skimmed over the top bar. Tough 1-0 loss, but I told them to hold their heads high, as healthy, and at full strength, no doubt we win that match.

Then, after watching another late season fail by Clemson, my thanks to the Skins for keeping this weekend from being a complete downer.

Nice to see the Dutch get a solid win, even if it was Luxembourg. Was calling Blind names when I saw the sheet without Depay starting, AGAIN, but he comes on half, and nets two! Danny saved for another few months.

Edited by Long n Left
  • Like 2

There's a sight for sore eyes :):

melwood1.jpg

Brilliant to see those two finally back in full training. Wonder if January might come a bit too soon for Ojo being as he's not trained at all really since the back injury the summer? Pity if that is the caee as he'd of been a natural call to replace Mané. But brilliant to have him finally back out there and building back up  to contributing the second half the year. 

Hail. 

• Like 2

BT Sport Films: Walk On | BT Sport

Not sure how I've missed this but a great little film from BT on still the most powerful and emotive song I've ever heard and by far and away the best in our vast back catalogue.

And related, nice of the frenchman to say: Arsene Wenger says Liverpool and Anfield is the best stadium since Arsenal moved out of Highbury | Metro News

Hail. 

Coutinho is special and would improve Barcelona, says Xavi - Goal.com

Some real kind words from Xavi no less.

Xavi told Goal : “Coutinho is a player I have always thought is special - but under Klopp he has gone up another level. On form there are not any better midfield players in Europe. 

''He has always shown quality but now he is consistently playing well and that is good news for Liverpool if they want to really challenge for the title. 

“He is playing under one of the most intelligent coaches in Europe. Klopp has a lot of experience at developing world-class players, so it is a good club for him to be at.”

“There are not many players that can improve Barcelona, but if you are asking me if he is one of them, on this form, I think he is. Technically he is very good. He would suit Barcelona's philosophy well.”

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, DC9 said:

And FFS Lallana is off injured........

SO ****ING DONE WITH PLAYERS GETTING HURT ON ENGLAND DUTY.......

Frustrating. Not least for the knobhead Southamopton fans. One less ex for them to be boo Sat'day.

I would imagine Wijnaldum will just slot straight back in alongside Can. 

Nice to be in a position when you're no longer panicking when you (potentially) lose one of your players of the year down to the high quality of the squad. 

Hail. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Frustrating. Not least for the knobhead Southamopton fans. One less ex for them to be boo Sat'day.

I would imagine Wijnaldum will just slot straight back in alongside Can. 

Nice to be in a position when you're no longer panicking when you (potentially) lose one of your players of the year down to the high quality of the squad. 

Hail. 

They end up saying it's just a precaution.

1 hour ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Gerrard in advanced talks with Liverpool - Goal.com

Is right Jürgen lad. Bring him back into the fold where he belongs. 

Don't see ANY negatives at all if he was to return.

Hail. 

Absolutely. Such a great player, but mainly because he had such a feel and understanding of the game. Comes across quite vividly in his quotes regarding training at Melwood, and taking away tidbits from Klopp, and every other coach he interacted with. 

Would be wonderful to see him work with the youngsters, get his badges, and hopefully move into the top spot one day. After Klopp has won beacoup titles and silverware, of course! 

If he could impart his understanding and vision for the game to his charges, he'd make a top flight manager. What a seamless and beloved transition that would be! 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DC9 said:

Stevie back to manage the academy and a Julian Brandt link?

Not a bad day, boys.  Not a bad day at all.

Talking Germany, THIS is by far and away the BIGGEST news of the day! (Got my travelling pulse soaring anyways. :ols:.). 

Liverpool and Hertha Berlin could share 125th birthday celebrations - Liverpool Echo

PLEASE let this happen! 

Hail. 

• Like 1