Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

13 minutes ago, DC9 said:

Remember most of that the end of last year was basically the U-23s cause of all of the cup competitions.

God yeah. Frightening to think how much better that would look if we'd not been focused on getting to Basle. 

Oh, today's bullish Evertonian retort to the 10 goal swing in both clubs results over the weekend .....  Has nottin' to do with the actual games. Go figure? :ols: 'So League title's are handed out in November now are they? You red ****e never learn. Waiting for the collapse from yers as always'

Like just WTF do they know about league titles?  Unless they think their collection of great Derby wins DVD counts? ..... :ols:.

'Bitterness, bitterness, The only thing, the blues possess .....'

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Just got through reading the Echo piece... that was amazing.  Something we wouldn't even see from one of our most diehard and delusional in the stadium.

Thanks for sharing, bro.  I normally don't read a lot of Kritian Walsh's stuff.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DC9 said:

Just got through reading the Echo piece... that was amazing.  Something we wouldn't even see from one of our most diehard and delusional in the stadium.

Thanks for sharing, bro.  I normally don't read a lot of Kritian Walsh's stuff.

Np. 

Just having this discussion with a friend ..... Looking ahead, how long do you think Phil stays now he's consistently playing to a true World Class level? 

Both the January window and the summer window will be interesting to me as regards him. 

I know you're gonna' hate the very notion bro', but he's going to Barcelona at some point. There's no doubt in my mind about that and I don't think it's really in much doubt at all if everyones honest. He's bezzie mates with Neymar and Suarez, and like most Brazilians Barcelona or Madrid are where they want to play at some point. Hopefully he stays a while longer now the club is on an upward trajectury in most every facet. But when the time comes, you can't stand in a players way on that move so we'll get an extortionate amount of money and move on. 

If he continues in this vein, then it wouldn't be any surprise to see them come calling the summer. Although he only signed a new deal last year so our hand is strong there. January is the real intriguing one for me and Pulisic. There's your long term Coutinho replacement right there. Do we test BVB's resolve this window or the summer? Or maybe Edwards has some other unheralded hotshot they pick up with a view for when Coutinho moves on. 

The conveyer belt system of young talent groomed in Klopp's ways ready to step in when we lose someone like Phil is just part of the really exciting future we're entering with the club as well set up and run on every level as it's been in living memory.

Hail

*Edit* Ignore the tweet overflow the side. I messed up with an earlier post I tried to put down and I can't seem to remove it all.

Apologies on my dumb ass. 

10:29 am - 6 Nov 2016
0 replies .10,468 retweets18,526 likes

Retweet

More
Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

Liverpool set to secure gifted trio on new contracts - Liverpool Echo

Excellent news and all fully deserved. Both Trent, which I particularly love being as he's a born and bred Scouser, and Woodburn are looking set to be big parts of this squad in future years. And Kev Stewart is perfect as the one true, traditional DM we possess to box games off and play the handful of games we actually use one like that. Cheap, consistent, and happy to fulfil the back seat role. Interesting that Tottenham are still fuming how Inglethorpe brought him with him to Anfield and he's no longer one of their own. 

I think the Tottenham game in the league cup opened up a lot of outsiders eyes to what many L'pool fans have known for a while about the high standard of development going on at Kirkby. With both L'pool and 'Spurs playing full second string XI's, L'pool's was far stronger in completely dominating that game and the big gulf in quality between the two was very noticeable on the night. 

I'd argue when you can make XI changes like that and not miss a beat, along with having the top class calibre of players like Can/ Wijnaldum and Sturridge regularly on the bench, our squad has quietly developed to be as strong as any in the league.

Hail. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

The conveyer belt system of young talent groomed in Klopp's ways ready to step in when we lose someone like Phil is just part of the really exciting future we're entering with the club as well set up and run on every level as it's been in living memory.

Hail

I don't know... of all of the Brasilians it's Coutinho who is very humble and I think would want to stay Red.  But that could be my blinders for the boy.

I would not be devastated if he went so long as we got Luan along with another replacement or two with the money.  You know I'm the man to talk to when it comes to Brazil and football... so here's a taste.

And he'll cost as well as he's already on the radar... but he won them the gold medal this year.  Very little to do with Neymar... who you know I can't stand.

• Like 1

5 reasons why Jurgen Klopp's Liverpool title challengers are the real deal | JOE.co.uk

Another really good piece from Barrett who's returned to top form at JOE. 

Forget the title charge. (He still make's Citeh favourites FWIW.). It's more a great synopsis of the state of the overall club right now from top to bottom. Everything we've been talking about recently. The best it's been in living memory.

Hail. 

Following on from the Mane piece (4 posts up if anyone missed the great read on his story), another two excellent ones from two of the best L'pool writers around:

Very emotive read on the harrowing effects of war and Lovren's early childhood experiences as a refugee through that: Dejan Lovren: We need to give refugees a chance – I should know, I was one | JOE.co.uk

And a great personal insight to Karius' journey to this point and the character that makes the man:

Introducing Loris Karius: How the goalkeeper kicked past his struggles to become Liverpool’s No.1* - Goal.com

One thing about these International breaks ..... There's been some excellent L'pool content you wouldn't normally see coming out from the top beat guys and girls to fill the gap.

Hail. 

Game 2 of 2 in the groups tonight. We win and my girls are in the semis.

Got bad news last night though. Our speed demon striker got a knock in the game Sunday, and it turns out that she's got an ankle sprain. Got others who can fill in, but none with her pace, and it'll weaken us elsewhere. Told my daughter this morning before she got off for school that I need at least a brace from her tonight.:)

Wish us well!

• Like 1

Argentina would just do well to move on from Messi. There going to look back on this side in a decade and wonder how they didn't win at least one.  I think it has to do with Messi being forced...

And Gabigol Barbosa is fantastic.

Coutinho reminding Javi Mash that we schooled them 4-0 the end of the preseason.

• Like 1