Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Finished 8-4. And Dortmund hit the post second half to go along with some good saves so it could of been far more. Reus back with a hatty his first game in 6 months. And the man I was watching Pulisic didn't score or assist one! But another very useful 90 minutes Champions League experience under his belt. And he contributed greatly to a great game. 

Never thought I'd be sitting down to a Champions League record for goals scored in a match. Utterly mad. Utterly brilliant!

Congratulations Leicester for topping the group at the first ever attempt. (And probably their last.). Awesome. 

LOL @ Tottenham. Enjoy the Europa! (If you even make that!).

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

2 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

The Sturridge media bull****-omiter just went up another notch. 

Now he's going on loan to Southampton January with a view to a £25 million move the summer. 

We should start a book on the next ridiculous club they're going to link him to next. 

Hail. 

I'll put $100 on ManUnited.  From what I read on ESPN, ManU are buying every top player in the world.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, DC9 said:

Home for the long weekend so I'm taking in @btfoom's boys against Rostov.

Double delight.  I get to watch Renato Sanchez (who by the sounds of it isn't playing well so far) but I also get to watch the Iranian target.

Shoot. Forgot about him. 

All ears to your observations when the games over and you get the chance. Ta. :).

If his equaliser is anything to go by then I'm expecting good things: 

Anyone find a link to L'pool U-23's game against Burnley (not holding out much hope that a Lancashire Cup game will be covered by anyone) I'd be eternally grateful. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Succinct as ever. Good job I'm the talker. 

May I suggest Gladbach- City for your next offering in 15 mins and Mahoud Dahoud?

Hail. 

Plan on watching Dahoud, though I'm not huge on him.

This kid Azmoun has pace, he has a motor that keeps going, he has size (6ft 180 ish) and he has touch and vision.  He made a pass that resulting in a free kick which scored that was absolutely ridiculous.  64' put it right between the CBs and found his winger who was fouled outside the 18.  The free kick scored to put them up 3-2.

I like him a lot.

He also scored the equalizer just before halftime..

Look what he did to Boateng (edit... didn't see you posted the goal already, my bad) lol

So to sum it up....

Sign him.

Immediately.

Edited by DC9
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, DC9 said:

Plan on watching Dahoud, though I'm not huge on him.

This kid Azmoun has pace, he has a motor that keeps going, he has size (6ft 180 ish) and he has touch and vision.  He made a pass that resulting in a free kick which scored that was absolutely ridiculous.  64' put it right between the CBs and found his winger who was fouled outside the 18.  The free kick scored to put them up 3-2.

I like him a lot.

He also scored the equalizer just before halftime...

Been impressed with Dahoud every time I've seen him. 

Ta. I literally switched on as he made that pass that lead to the winner. As Rostov were pinned back after that was literally all I got to see of him before he was taken off. 

Some very talented young wants for the summer or maybe January.

Hail. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Been impressed with Dahoud every time I've seen him. 

Ta. I literally switched on as he made that pass that lead to the winner. As Rostov were pinned back after that was literally all I got to see of him before he was taken off. 

Some very talented young wants for the summer or maybe January.

Hail. 

I think Dahoud is a tidy player, I just don't see what seems to set him up as our Number 1 must have target.

But I'm not Jurgen Klopp.

• Like 1

Liverpool U23s 4-0 Burnley - Joe Gomez makes comeback as Matty Virtue hits hat-trick - Liverpool Echo

England and L'pool's future at centre half, 'The Man, The Myth, The Living LEG-END Joe MF Gomez!' back with a full 90 minutes, an assist, and his usual cool ass composure in defence and on the ball after 13 long months in the U-23's 4-0 romp against Burnley. 

Like he's never been away! It get's harder from here on out of course. Just absolutely boss to see him back playing competitive footie again.

attachment.php?attachmentid=1089624&stc=attachment.php?attachmentid=1089625&stc=attachment.php?attachmentid=1089626&stc=attachment.php?attachmentid=1089627&stc=

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

Just thinking Sunderland last year was the monumental walk out that shook not just FSG but football in general and lead in massive part to the complete about turn on away ticket prices.

For all the great European nights, all the great domestic occasions, seeing the Championship handed over et all, that's the proudest I think I've ever been in the arl' stadium. Through one of the hardest decisions you'll ever take as a fan. Walking out on your team for the better good of fans everywhere. 

But I guess it'd be impolite to not stay for the full game tomorrow like. :).

Hail. 

10 hours ago, Elessar78 said:

@btfoom

so you said you'd do "PT" with me...

The only way to replicate it is to find a collegiate level wrestler and put you in any number of joint-lock submission holds to the point of tapping out... then repeat for 30-45 minutes

haha.

@Elessar78- I have a compromise, you have the joint-lock submission holds and I'll hold my beer in my left hand.....

• Like 1

On 11/23/2016 at 5:12 PM, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Joe's why I wouldn't have van Dijk. And I rate van Dijk as good a centre half as there is the PL. But not to stand in the way of Gomez's progress. 

Hail. 

You can never have too many back there.

I've always liked van Dijk