Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Nervous night. On and off the park. Some of the absolute knobheads in the crowd were really doing my head in narking. Some proper bellends our home crowd. The aways are gonna be FAR more enjoyable this run-in. ‘13/‘14 aside, which nobody expected as opposed to this season, people have forgotten just what it takes to win the league and get over the line. It won’t be pretty football from here on out. It’s about who holds their nerve and grinds out the most points to finish top. And we just added another one to that end.

In the end a really positive outcome. You don’t play great, at least make sure you don’t get beat. We went into this week thinking both ourselves and City would win. We came out of it another point further ahead with a better outcome the table. Can’t complan at that.

Job done. Lead extended. 

14 more to eutopia.

Up the 5 clear Reds!

Hail.

14 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Nervous night. On and off the park. Some of the absolute knobheads in the crowd were really doing my head in narking. Some proper bellends our home crowd. The aways are gonna be FAR more enjoyable this run-in. ‘13/‘14 aside, which nobody expected as opposed to this season, people have forgotten just what it takes to win the league and get over the line. It won’t be pretty football from here on out. It’s about who holds their nerve and grinds out the most points to finish top. And we just added another one to that end.

In the end a really positive outcome. You don’t play great, at least make sure you don’t get beat. We went into this week thinking both ourselves and City would win. We came out of it another point further ahead with a better outcome the table. Can’t complan at that.

Job done. Lead extended. 

14 more to eutopia.

Up the 5 clear Reds!

Hail.

Didn’t win, but didn’t lose. Added a point to the lead. Social media is as bad as the wankers you sat near. It was a much depleted squad, in horrid conditions, and I thought they still controlled the game, and had ample opportunities to net the winner. Just wasn’t to be.

Absolutely no help from the old **** Atkinson either. Salah defo impeded by Maguire, anywhere else on the pitch, that’s a foul given, but I’m not fussed by that. The non call against Keita was atrocious. He gets both pushed and his foot stepped on as he’s trying to shoot, in on goal. As stone wall a penalty as there is, and Atkinson in perfect position, just chooses to be the Red hating **** we know him to be. I’ll not even get into the Maguire foul, last defender, clearly beaten, that could easily have seen him sent off.

If I was just looking at social media, I’d have thought LCFC dominated the game, and were unlucky not to win by 5 goals.

Still top of the table, still ours to win!

COYR!

YNWA

Edited by Long n Left
  • Thanks 1

Surprised this wasn't mentioned in this thread:

Emiliano Sala: Tributes to striker at Arsenal v Cardiff game

On the night he should have made his Cardiff City debut, players, staff and fans have paid an emotional tribute to missing striker Emiliano Sala.

The 28-year-old is feared dead after the plane he was on vanished eight days ago.

Floral tributes were laid at Arsenal's Emirates Stadium - where Cardiff played their first game since Sala's disappearance.

He was also named in the matchday programme squad list.

A picture of a daffodil was placed next to where the former FC Nantes striker's name would have been, in a gesture described as "an incredibly touching one" by fans.

Click on the link for the full article

Not unexpected but frustrating start to match-day.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/336739-joe-gomez-injury-surgery-latest-update-liverpool

That’s his season then in all likelihood.

Devoed for Joe. Unlucky isn’t the word. Three big injuries during the course of games you just can’t legislate for. 

So van Dijk, Lovren, Matip and Fabinho. As gutting as it is to lose JMG, we’ll be sound the run-in. Lest we forget big Virg and Degsy Lovren were as good as anything out there the run to Kiev last season.

Injuries are part and parcel of football. We have the depth and even if that gets eaten into, you find a solution and get on with it. As we have all season.

Next man up! 

Utterly devoed for Joe like. Lad has had some terrible luck. But at least his medal is secure if we do win the league. 

Rehab well mate and be ready to go pre-season for the league and European Cup defence next year!

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Normaly hate missing games but West ‘Am, their absolute knobhead fans, and the single worst joke of an (athletics) stadium the entire football league, let alone PL, not so much. Couldn’t pay me enough to go there again. 

Great to see Curtis Jones joining Rafa the bench. Pity its in these circumstances. But Lallana be sound. These things are part and parcel of a season for every club. Just ask Tottenham.

Funny side these. Either bang on it giving anyone a game or rank bad stinking the place out.

Into this shower of ****e Redmen! Doesn’t matter how you achieve it at this stage, just WIN! Even more needed with City about to be handed a ‘free’ win Wednesday from the Ev which no bitter I know wants ANYTHING out of! 

Up the 5 clear Reds!

Hail.

Very engrosing game.

Great wing play Lallana the goal. Piss poor from the Lino with Milner well off. Then he misses a clear corner later to compound his shocking half. Swings and roundabouts I guess.

Great training ground free kick the equaliser. Though Naby switched off. Shocking miss from Rice. Having a nightmare on free kicks tonight defensively. A little too narrow. That needs sorting half-time.

Keep working Reds. These have put a heck of a lot in. Their legs should start to go around 60. 

Hail.

• Like 1

Meh, can’t win them all.

Could be 2 points dropped. Could be an invaluable point gained come May. We’ll find out in due course.

Credit West Ham for 90 minutes honest hard graft. What makes this league unique. 9 times out of 10 theres NO easy games.

If you can’t win, make sure you don’t get beat. And they’ve now equaled or bettered the FINAL points total of 10 of our PL seasons. At the start of February.

Lomg way to go with a lot of football left to play yet with a lot of twists for both sides.

13 more boys to immortality. 

Up the Top the League Reds!

Hail.

• Like 1

Injuries starting to take their toll. Tough not to have Gini or Hendo in the mid and it showed. Fortunate on our goal, but Noble blocks and holds Naby from running with Antonio, so, tit for tat. High line zonal marking getting figured out by good managers. May need working on.

I read some stuff that said Joe May be back by mid March, which would be nice, but I’m not counting on it. Need to get Trent, Gini, Hendo, and especially Degsy back soon. I just don’t rate Matip any more, and I believe the 5 goals given up last 3 with him at CB is not a coincidence.

Also think the last two matches have shown that a creative mid would be a good buy this summer. Lallana has great technique, can’t shoot to save a life tho. Be nice to have a younger guy with better pace and shot to fit in there, as most teams look to pack narrowly in defense against us, and try and hit the break. Need another technician who can find spaces, and pass brilliantly in those tight gaps, IMO.

Still top the table, still a long way to go. Would be nice to see them get back to winning this weekend.

• Like 3