Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Moyes is history. The guy's out of his depth. Fergie has stitched his mate up big time, left him holding the baby with no hope in hell of succeeding this year. Then Moyes basically cracks under the pressure...51 games and a different starting 11 each time..wow.

Reports coming out of Germany that there's no way Klopp is leaving Dortmund for any club. Oh well, other names out there. Personally I'd hand Simeoni a blank check but even if he wins something with Atleti this year I don't think he's done there by any means. My money is on Van Gaal at the moment.

Pretty sure they said that on MOTD last night. But I was drunk at the time haha...

Also said the the last time UTD finished outside the top 6 Liverpool won the league..sound about right ?

Sounds about right.

I know the last time Utd lost 10 in a season was the last time we won the league. Villa where runners-up when David Platt had his great season.

Now they've lost another one you're going back into the '80's.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Sounds about right.

I know the last time Utd lost 10 in a season was the last time we won the league. Villa where runners-up when David Platt had his great season.

Now they've lost another one your going back into the '80's.

Hail.

Yeah that's the one. Platt and Italia '90, hadn't realised he was player of the year that season.

Yeah that's the one. Platt and Italia '90, hadn't realised he was player of the year that season.

I really wanted us to sign him. He just looked perfect to slot into our midfield of the time. Real tidy midfielder who weighed in with a ton of goals.

Did real well in Italy too. Same with Des Walker who I craved to replace Hansen. Classy, classy defender with fantastic pace.

Two that got away.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

I'd rather Klopp stay at Dortmund.  They got their hands full enough with Bayern stealing everyone.  Take Klopp from Dortmund and there's really no one left to challenge them.  Bunda would be a complete joke title wise.

Yeah no disrespect to Dortmund but that's something I'd be willing to live with.

Writing was on the wall.  now to see who comes in.  As much as I'd like Jurgen i think someone needs to give Bayern a run in Bunda. I follow that club a lot and its the only one who can truly go toe to toe though right now they've been on the losing end too.  Jurgen may go just because he keeps having players stolen away that he basically molded.  You know the Utd board is kicking themselves for missing out on Mourinho.

Edited by RichmondRedskin88

Moyes just breaks records:

- Lowest Premier League points tally in club history
- Never finished below third in the Premier League until now (1st 13 times; 2nd 5 times; 3rd 3 times)
- Three defeats in a row for the first time since 2001
- Eleven Premier League defeats
- First home defeat to Swansea
- First home defeat to Newcastle since 1972
- First home defeat to West Brom since 1978
- First league defeat to Stoke since 1984
- First home defeat to Everton since 1992
- First time Manchester City, Everton and Liverpool have done the double over United in the Premier League
- First time United have conceded a first-minute goal in the Premier League
- First defeat on New Year's Day in 20 years
- Knocked out of the FA Cup in the third round (happened just once under Ferguson)

On the plus side he's (hopefully) done enough short term damage to roll into the long term. Missing Europe completely will be a big step to that end.

It's been highly amusing watching Gary Neville lay into Utd for not giving him more time, the players for repeatedly letting everyone down et all.

'Just an other club' in Neville's words.

Enjoy Gary. We've had 2 decades and more of that.

Hail.