Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

http://youtu.be/g8s0nV8gHzM?t=42s

Can I get a general census to see if folks think that was a foul on the defender and a red card offense?  Honest question.  I know I'm a Rovers fan but that looked like a poor decision to me.

I can see it being a penalty for playing the man rather than the ball (still a bit harsh, but I would want my team to get that penalty). I have no idea why that's a red...The defender was not intentionally trying to hurt the player, nor was he the last defender.

Gary Neville on last nights game, when asked if he was looking forward to Liverpool/ Man.City a week Sunfay for the title, basically said it's like having a choice between two guys to do your wife lol.

One thing I've always appreciated with Neville is his honesty. He's a Utd fan from Manchester who by association hates Liverpool and Citeh. Why deny it?

Hail.

What's the odds this tie and Uniteds season is settled tonight ?

Hail.

Based on the way the games started odds on. Bayern are a very very good team - but if you stand off any team and put 9 or 10 mean behind the ball and concede possession and territory the way Utd are your asking to get beaten. Your basically hoping you can somehow keep a clean sheet and snatch a goal on a break.

Was it a dive? I did not watch the match, but on the radio they seemed to think Rooney made the most of it

To be fair, the German dives in and kind of makes up the refs mind. But Shrek did make the most of it. Valencia should defo of gone though. That was a joke. Bayern not quite on it tonight. All the play, little chances. Utd worked hard and defended well with very little in attack (how Welbeck continues to play for them is beyond me. He's the very definition of mediocre. And Henandez on the bench too. SMH) but it's hard to see anything other than a comfortable Munich win on home soil. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

To be fair, the German dives in and kind of makes up the refs mind. But Shrek did make the most of it. Valencia should defo of gone though. That was a joke. Bayern not quite on it tonight. All the play, little chances. Utd worked hard and defended well with very little in attack (how Welbeck continues to play for them is beyond me. He's the very definition of mediocre. And Henandez on the bench too. SMH) but it's hard to see anything other than a comfortable Munich win on home soil. 

Hail. 

It looks like Munich will have to put out a very offensive formation due to card suspensions...

Not much to tell tonight. Clean sheets streak is still in tact, so that's awesome, but the match was a heavily one-sided affair. Apparently the team we played graduated about 10 eighth graders into high school last year which gutted their FC. The match was so lopsided that my son started and played 3/4's of the match (approx. 45 min) and NEVER touched the ball...not once.

Slow roller pick up and punt? No

Passback from a defender for a clear? No

Goal kick? No

Their team had ZERO shots on goal while he was in....zero.

At one point someone offered my son a chair!

At 8-0 (10 minutes into the 2nd half) coach had subbed just about all of the A team members when he finally pulled my son for the back-up who then proceeded to let two goals into the net. The mercy rule in our conference is a 10 goal differential, we finished the match 9-2.

Their B team was so weak that the coaches agreed to play just a single half. My son got the start and actually touched the ball a couple times, but nothing serious. That one ended 3-0.

A Team is currently 3-2

B Team record is 3-0 (not all schools have an A and B squad)

Anyways, for us it's good news but he was so bored, but he knows that bored keepers make for happy coaches.

Here he is getting more work in game warm-ups than he had in the game.

13573494185_32107c7682_b.jpg

Edited by AsburySkinsFan
  • Like 1

It looks like Munich will have to put out a very offensive formation due to card suspensions...

They will have the vast majority of possession so having an attacking formation probably is the way to go anyway. Utd have a chance though, they are still in the tie but they need to be totally clinical with any chances they do get cause they will not get many.

Barcelona Rocked by 14-month Fifa Transfer Ban After Breaching Under-18 Player Rules

"Barcelona have been hit with a 14-month transfer ban after Fifa ruled the club have fielded 10 ineligible youngsters.

The FIFA Disciplinary Committee ruled the Catalan giants registered and fielded non- Spanish players between 2009 and 2013 and will not be allowed to participate in the transfer market for two windows.

The committee said Barcelona had breached article 19 of the of the Regulations on the Status and Transfer of Players, which states that international transfers of players are only permitted if the player is over the age of 18..............."

Barcelona Rocked by 14-month Fifa Transfer Ban After Breaching Under-18 Player Rules

"Barcelona have been hit with a 14-month transfer ban after Fifa ruled the club have fielded 10 ineligible youngsters.

The FIFA Disciplinary Committee ruled the Catalan giants registered and fielded non- Spanish players between 2009 and 2013 and will not be allowed to participate in the transfer market for two windows.

The committee said Barcelona had breached article 19 of the of the Regulations on the Status and Transfer of Players, which states that international transfers of players are only permitted if the player is over the age of 18..............."

That is a HUGE blow to Barca. They need to replace their keeper and need a centre half as well. It will test their depth and youth system (which might not be a bad thing in the long run).

That is a HUGE blow to Barca. They need to replace their keeper and need a centre half as well. It will test their depth and youth system (which might not be a bad thing in the long run).

Imagine on top of that Messi agreeing with PSG on the €30 millions/year NET over 5 years contract. That would definitely seal the fate of Barça ;)

Imagine on top of that Messi agreeing with PSG on the €30 millions/year NET over 5 years contract. That would definitely seal the fate of Barça ;)

Might be bad for Everton trying to lock up Deolofeu.

I thought the ban was on transferring in and transferring out players. I think this will effect a lot of young players who want to get first team football somewhere else. Will they be able to loan players either in or out?

I thought the ban was on transferring in and transferring out players. I think this will effect a lot of young players who want to get first team football somewhere else. Will they be able to loan players either in or out?

They are allowed to sell players. They can take advantage of the flaws of this ban, signing free players or use loans.

• Like 1

This ban just keeps them from adding new players over the next two windows, it doesn't mean they can't re-sign right?

With their keeper's ACL, this really comes at a very bad time for Barça.

No new players for a year.....gulp.