Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

**** YEAH!!!

Couple of thoughts on the game:

Klejstan was playing out of position but I still think he is TERRIBLE.

Altidore sort of made up for weak ****ty play in the first half with a nice dropoff for Clint.

I don't know what happened to Michael Bradley but that dude has improved SOOOOO much. Made some great calm passes and was a presence on D.

Edu had his best International game yet.

And of course some big saves from Howard.

**** YEAH!!!

Couple of thoughts on the game:

Klejstan was playing out of position but I still think he is TERRIBLE.

Altidore sort of made up for weak ****ty play in the first half with a nice dropoff for Clint.

I don't know what happened to Michael Bradley but that dude has improved SOOOOO much. Made some great calm passes and was a presence on D.

Edu had his best International game yet.

And of course some big saves from Howard.

Yes, Klejstan is garbage.

Altidore is all or nothing. For the first 54.5 minutes of the game he was just floating around up top. There is NO reason someone as strong as him should get muscled off the ball as much as he does. When he decides not to play like a *****, hes a lot to handle for any defender in the world.

Bradley has been the glue for the MNT for a long time now. Im glad Klinsmann finally got to see him on the field because maybe it will put an end to the Kyle Beckerman era... I thought he was the best player on the field for the US today by far. His positioning on defense and ability to control and distribute the ball in tight spaces was wonderful. Im glad hes finally getting a chance in a top-flight league at Chievo. I though he may get a run or two with Aston Villa last season but it never materialized. I certainly think he could be the next American to really contribute in the EPL.

I dont know if that was Edu's best game, Ive seen him play some gems but hes becoming more consistent all the time. With him and Bradley sitting behind Dempsey, the middle of the field is strong.

Tim Howard is Tim Howard. Always there, always consistent.

I cant wait to see this lineup in a big qualifier:

GK-Howard

D-Cherundolo, Goodson, Boca, Chandler

M-Donovan, Holden, Bradley, Shea

F-Dempsey, Altidore

Oh yea...

and DEUUUUCCCCE!!!!

jCW61Eycwps

Edited by Jethrodsp

Sooooo, I don't know what to think of the new away jersey for the US.

I was so excited when I heard there was going to be a new USA jersey. I would finally buy one, the 'pageant sash' era is over....Who is designing and approving these jerseys? Nike makes really nice jerseys for other teams and this horrendous beauty queen get up for their home country. They are a complete embarrassment! Looks like two more years without a jersey....

Edited by jobaga

Little know fact-

Klestjan is an old Serbian word.

It can be translated to mean "complete waste of air"

I cant figure out why nobody in charge has figured this out yet. The guy has lived for years off of an outlier friendly vs Sweden when he scored 3.

And has 1 since then.

He's complete garbage on either side of the ball. We'd be better off putting a jersey on an orange traffic cone.

Little know fact-

Klestjan is an old Serbian word.

It can be translated to mean "complete waste of air"

I cant figure out why nobody in charge has figured this out yet. The guy has lived for years off of an outlier friendly vs Sweden when he scored 3.

And has 1 since then.

He's complete garbage on either side of the ball. We'd be better off putting a jersey on an orange traffic cone.

the traffic cone has a better haircut.....

I feel like i have been complaining about Klestjan for like 5 years now. haha.

hopefully with the emergence Brek Shea and Fabian Johnson and once Stuart Holden returns from injury, Sasha will disappear from the national team forever....

Watching Liverpool vs Arsenal realizing there really is a lack of real analysis about tactics and techniques in soccer commentary.

they really have Suarez under a microscope, don't they?

But, you are right. The problem is that there isn't much time stoppage to show replays and dissect the action....

they really have Suarez under a microscope, don't they?

But, you are right. The problem is that there isn't much time stoppage to show replays and dissect the action....

Even when they do show replays, it's just slow-mo 50 different angles of one goal, not explaining why/how the team scored. Or 50 different angles of a dive or tackle. And halftime is just the same. How about some discussion about how well guys are moving off the ball? Or the technique of a shot that goes into the upper-90, or one that sails way wide? Or a team's lack of or excellent midfield play?

I just feel like soccer is doing itself a huge disadvantage by not talking about these kinds of things which would help a lot more people understand how complex and complicated the game actually is, and how much strategy is actually involved. If I hadn't played soccer growing up, I would have had a really difficult time getting in to watching it because it's really hard to learn about just from watching regular matches on tv.

Even when they do show replays, it's just slow-mo 50 different angles of one goal, not explaining why/how the team scored. Or 50 different angles of a dive or tackle. And halftime is just the same. How about some discussion about how well guys are moving off the ball? Or the technique of a shot that goes into the upper-90, or one that sails way wide? Or a team's lack of or excellent midfield play?

I just feel like soccer is doing itself a huge disadvantage by not talking about these kinds of things which would help a lot more people understand how complex and complicated the game actually is, and how much strategy is actually involved. If I hadn't played soccer growing up, I would have had a really difficult time getting in to watching it because it's really hard to learn about just from watching regular matches on tv.

I agree. They need a way to open the game up to new viewers and show them the nuances of the game. If the skill isn't highlighted, people would think its a bunch of running and kicking...