Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Bolton and the London Chest Hospital have issued an updated statement:

"Bolton Wanderers can confirm that Fabrice Muamba has been admitted to the heart attack centre at London Chest hospital where he is currently in a critically ill condition in intensive care," read a statement on the club's official website.

"No further information will be issued at this stage. The club has requested the media to respect his family's privacy at this time."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11672/7605478/Muamba-critically-ill-

Godspeed Fabrice. You'll be in my prayers tonight. 23 years old with his whole life ahead of him. And now fighting for it. Puts a complete dampner on the Stoke game tomorrow.

Hail.

I was watching Spurs-Bolton live when Fabrice collapsed. I have to commend the TV crew for the perfect manner in which they handled it. They used everyone's reactions to convey how serious the situation was without useless chatter. Incredibly professional and respectful, which also goes for the crowd at WHL. I got chills when they kept chanting his name over and over.

I think its a miracle he is still alive and pray for him to make it through this.

Edited by RiggosMohawk

I was watching Spurs-Bolton live when Fabrice collapsed. I have to commend the TV crew for the perfect manner in which they handled it. They used everyone's reactions to convey how serious the situation was without useless chatter. Incredibly professional and respectful, which also goes for the crowd at WHL. I got chills when they kept chanting his name over and over.

I think its a miracle he is still alive and pray for him to make it through this.

There's unconfirmed reports from quite a few prominent analysts here that his heart stopped as much as four times. Miracle isn't the word.

And agreed. Massive kudos to the crowd in particular for realising just how serious this fast became, and reacting in a dignified and emotional manner.

Hail.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11672/7609583/Muamba-shows-improvement

Muamba shows improvement

Bolton player's heart beating without medication

Last Updated: March 19, 2012 3:54pm

Fabrice Muamba remains critically ill on Monday afternoon but is showing 'small signs of improvement' and his heart is now beating without the help of medication.

The Bolton midfielder collapsed before half-time in Saturday's FA Cup match against Tottenham and it was later confirmed that he had suffered a cardiac arrest.

He was taken to the London Chest Hospital and has been in intensive care at the heart attack centre since Saturday evening.

Messages have been pouring in from across the football world wishing Muamba well and the latest statement has offered cause for encouragement.

"Fabrice Muamba remains in intensive care at The London Chest Hospital, where today he is showing small signs of improvement," read the joint statement from Bolton, Barts and the London NHS Trust.

"His heart is now beating without the help of medication and he is also moving his arms and his legs.

"However, his long-term prognosis will remain unclear for some time.

"He is still critically ill and will continue to be closely monitored and treated by staff in The London Chest Hospital's intensive care unit."

ANY positive has to be a major positive around now right? Keep fighting man. The soccer World's prayers are behind you.

Hail.

How does this even happen?

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/world-of-sport/park-team-suffers-record-58-0-defeat-114458686.html

That's not even cutely funny. A goal against every 1 minute 4 seconds. Absolutely ridiculous. WHATEVER the level or circumstance.

And one week on, Fabrice Muamba is mercifully slowly recovering. He recognised his manager and family as the week went on and had brief conversations with them. Still in a seriously bad way, but no longer critical. Baby steps.

Keep fighting man.

Hail.

To any Liverpool/ Tottenham fans out there:

A pre-season friendly (exhibition) game has all but been arranged as part of L'pool/ Tottenham's tour to the States this summer (Ahhh, the joys of having American owners); Saturday, July 28th at M&T Bank in Baltimore:

http://www.bizjournals.com/baltimore/blog/morning-edition/2012/03/tottenham-liverpool-near-deal-to-play.html

It also looks like Liverpool will be playing Roma on the 25th in Boston at the owners Red Sox stadium but that's yet to be confirmed. A planned game at the Yankee's stadium in NY look's like it's off now due to early Europa League qualifiers. But that could change if L'pool where to win the FA Cup and bump up a qualifying round.

Figured that may interest some of you guys.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

To any Liverpool/ Tottenham fans out there:

A pre-season friendly (exhibition) game has all but been arranged as part of L'pool/ Tottenham's tour to the States this summer (Ahhh, the joys of having American owners); Saturday, July 28th at M&T Bank in Baltimore:

http://www.bizjournals.com/baltimore/blog/morning-edition/2012/03/tottenham-liverpool-near-deal-to-play.html

It also looks like Liverpool will be playing Roma on the 25th in Boston at the owners Red Sox stadium but that's yet to be confirmed. A planned game at the Yankee's stadium in NY look's like it's off now due to early Europa League qualifiers. But that could change if L'pool we're to win the FA Cup and bump up a qualifying round.

Figured that may interest some of you guys.

Hail.

I believe this is also part of the reason for Tottenham coming to Baltimore: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12685894

I sure hope the new kits turn out better than this crap Under Armour designed for Toluca

6020154230_018026271f.jpg

Good for Baltimore, though. They've had awesome turnout at previous international friendlies.

Edited by renaissance

Talking of new kits, FSG have signed a whopping deal with Warrior Sports to take over from Adidas producing Liverpool's kit from next year.

Aside from this saddening me as the Germans do produce top quality sports wear; having never heard of 'Warrior Sports', and subsequently investigating them; they've mainly produced hockey and lecrosse gear to-date. So heck knows what designs they'll come up with for a soccer shirt.

But the deal is so large that I guess it won't really matter to the financial guys concerned.

Hail.

warrior sports is owned by new balance. It's interesting, but I feel like they're going to come out with a clumsy attempt their first time out. Should be intersting when the Reds come out in running shorts. It'll really look like the glory days of the 80s!

I'm sorry but these international friendlies here are such a crock. Expensive ass tickets to watch a scrimmage. BUT, if you're a fan of these teams, than I can totally see why you would want to go. I went to the Chelsea - AC Milan game in 08 I think it was and was BORED beyond belief.

I'm sorry but these international friendlies here are such a crock. Expensive ass tickets to watch a scrimmage. BUT, if you're a fan of these teams, than I can totally see why you would want to go. I went to the Chelsea - AC Milan game in 08 I think it was and was BORED beyond belief.

The Man UTD-Barcelona friendly was awesome at Fedex. Truly a experience I'll remember for a long time especially since United won. :)

ALL pre-season friendlies are a 'such a crock', domestic or international. There nothing more than glorified kick-about's, with players just going through the motions. (Which is pretty much what Liverpool's league games are like to the utter disgrace of players only interested in the Cup for the remainder of this season, but I digress ..... ) And often filled out with youngsters and squad players. And as you noted, ridiculously priced.

As a Liverpool fan, I hate the idea of the club jetting off half way around the World for a pre-season friendly in Asia or now America. But sadly, money rules all, and this is now the way of the World for big clubs. Talking to Ian Ayre, LFC's commercial director (and an A1 *****, but that's another story) in Norway last summer, we won't entertain a pre-season first team game now unless we're getting paid at least a cool million pounds. (Around $1.6 million bucks.). Which goes a long way to explaining why tickets are so ridiculously priced. It's ALL about money now in soccer my friend sadly above ANYTHING else.

On the plus side, as half-hearted as these affairs are, as you noted, at least it gives fans in other Country's a chance to see their teams they'd maybe never get.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Talking of new kits, FSG have signed a whopping deal with Warrior Sports to take over from Adidas producing Liverpool's kit from next year.

Aside from this saddening me as the Germans do produce top quality sports wear; having never heard of 'Warrior Sports', and subsequently investigating them; they've mainly produced hockey and lecrosse gear to-date. So heck knows what designs they'll come up with for a soccer shirt.

But the deal is so large that I guess it won't really matter to the financial guys concerned.

Hail.

on the Liverpool site, there are some 'leaked' twiter photos. The looked pretty good, a nod to the 80's with a thick white v-neck. But they were leaked photos on a message board, so take that for what it's worth

---------- Post added March-27th-2012 at 01:43 AM ----------

I don't care...I'm going to see Stevie G

Pathetic.

I have a sad feeling that we will never be good at soccer. Just not in our culture.

It's simple. The best athletes in this country don't play soccer. Never have. Never will. The US will always stink at this sport. Can't believe so many people still don't understand this.

Pathetic.

I have a sad feeling that we will never be good at soccer. Just not in our culture.

The USA teams seem to make basic mistakes too often. The way in which the ball is turned over at low tempo of play in MLS makes it unwatchable to me. It's like watching women's soccer.

There needs to be much more practice on fundamentals.

I only watched the first half, but that was an absolutely embarrassing showing by the US last night.

This is just before El Salvador's second goal:

24oykxg.jpg

Not one, not two, but THREE US defenders literally just standing in the box staring at the ball while two Salvadorian players are wide open to make runs straight for the goal. And I believe that's Perry Kitchen on the far end, looking the worst of them all. 95% of soccer is what you do off the ball. This is an excellent example of that. Here's the

. The goal starts around 0:50. I paused it when both Salvadorian players were in the field of view, but it looks even worse if you watch a second later.

I only watched the first half last night (thank god), but it seriously looked like this team had never played together before. And what the **** is Mix Diskerud doing taking corner kicks? He doesn't even have enough power to get the ball in front of the goal. And half his kicks don't even carry above waist-level.

There was also a series last night where 2-3 US passes in a row went right to (and luckily bounced off of) Salvadorian players. Atrocious. That's not to mention seeing our own players fight each other for the ball a couple times.

And how about that Freddy Adu (I think that was him playing right wing) taking about 500 touches every time he got near the goal. JUST TAKE A ****ING SHOT!