Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

11 minutes ago, Morrison J said:

Flag does often shoot up quicker than it should yeah. Seen it many times. 

I said all along that Liverpool were unlucky to have all the big decisions go against them. By the letter of the law they got the offside 100% correct though so I don't see how one can blame the ref/linesman for doing their jobs correctly. There's no epiphanies, I'm being consistent with what I've said all along with everything. 

I thought I was being very fair throughout that whole discussion to be honest, you guys just didn't see it that way. 

Okay... Maybe next time.

Thanks, brother.

Unlucky

Wait a second... "La Liga" has it's own prosecutors?

4 hours ago, DC9 said:

And again... if there is no proof that anything racist was said what's the next step?  We're not in the business of being racist at LFC, focus your efforts on Chelsea if that's something you just have to have in your life. 

Wait! WHAT?!!!!! He's a Chelsea fan? You're ****ting me?

Hail. 

28 minutes ago, DC9 said:

Wait a second... "La Liga" has it's own prosecutors?

That surprised me too, so being me, I looked it up. The answer is, effectively, yes.

http://cja.org/what-we-do/litigation/legal-strategy/the-spanish-national-court/

Unlike U.S. law, where criminal charges are brought only by a government prosecutor, Spanish law allows ordinary citizens to pursue criminal actions by filing criminal complaints. If a victim files a complaint directly with an instructing (or investigative) judge, the victim becomes a party in the case during the investigation and trial phases. This is known as a private prosecution or acusación particular. Spanish law also allows people not directly connected to the crime to take part in the case. Important public interest groups often join these complaints as popular prosecutors or acusadores populares.

In this case, the club that got relegated due to the alleged fixing, as well as La Liga, would be victims, and La Liga certainly has lawyers, so they are in this case prosecutors.

Given that Spain is a relatively new Democracy that only came out from under a brutally oppressive dictatorship in the 1970s, it's probably a provision intended to ensure that the government can't play favorites by refusing to prosecute or taking it easy on favored people or entities.

• Haha 1

Wow... not sure I dig that.... but we run out of excuses for a final push to Europe.

4 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Wait! WHAT?!!!!! He's a Chelsea fan? You're ****ting me?

Hail. 

No clue.  I suspect Arsenal since he said Iwobi was a super star the last time he came in here to drop science on us as to why the casual US soccer fan will still watch the World Cup.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DC9 said:

Wow... not sure I dig that.... but we run out of excuses for a final push to Europe.

No clue.  I suspect Arsenal since he said Iwobi was a super star the last time he came in here to drop science on us as to why the casual US soccer fan will still watch the World Cup.

Tbf to him every English player under the age of 20 that can dribble and stop a ball is a super star.  

4 hours ago, Berggy9598 said:

What the Evra/Suarez saga always makes me think of: (NSF)

It literally translates to a pet name for a black girlfriend.  Like blanquita would translate to white girlfriend. There isn't an english equivalent.  Borriquitta for a Puerto Rican girl.

He was calling Evra a **** essentially.  That is how you conjugate nouns in castillian.  It is what it is. 

I get how it sounds, but it's the root word for black in all Romantic languages.

11 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

Tbf to him every English player under the age of 20 that can dribble and stop a ball is a super star.  

BRS?  Is he English?

Edited by DC9
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, FanboyOf91 said:
 ..... wow

A midweek Cup round aside, which is a pain in the rear for travelling, I'm all for that. I'd have gone further and done away with all Cup replays and made the League Cup semi a one-off affair. 

Long overdue. The schedule is mad for both fans and players alike in England. 

Hail. 

*Edit* The obvious and sensible thing would be to reduce the PL to 18/16 clubs. But they're never gonna' vote for that so this is at least a step in the right direction to start with. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

Oh yeah, watched the Cagliari- Napoli game last night for a look at this Jorginho lad I only first heard of since Joyce's link Sat'day.. Brought home again the shambles of VAR. Over 2 minutes stood around to decide to award a goal that was perfectly good at full speed. Never mind the replays. 

Complete and utter farce in every Country. I personally remain 100% against that regardless of improvements. 

FWIW, very impressive first viewing of Jorginho BTW. Perfect, Alonso-esq DLP as we view the #6. Never gives the ball away. Simple. Tidy. Always on the front foot going forward. Who also isn't afraid to put a foot in or support the attack when needed. 

8 hours ago, DC9 said:

BRS?  Is he English?

He's an Afro-American pseudo-racist who 'isn't.' The worst kind. Those with a veiled, VERY selective agenda pretending to be something they aren't. 

He's divulged all this to us already. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

UEFA confirm all CL games next season will KO at either 5:55 PM or 8 PM GMT. Plus the 5th/ 6th place Europa League teams will go straight into the groups ala 1 through 4 the PL the CL. 

Great news the EL now there's no qualifier outside of winning the LC and finishing outside the top 6. Always a pain in the backside and with 4 into 6 not going, a good safeguard for all the top 6 clubs. 

The early KO's are perfect if you're away. Gives you a decent chance to get back into town after the inevitable hold back the ground before the bars have shut. We fell lucky the Europa league in that a few seasons back. 

But you don't want them at all for the home games. 

8 PM, or 9 or later the Continent the aways, is less appealing too. That 15 minutes might not seem much but it can make a major difference to things. And games KO at 11 PM in Russia can WELL do one. That's just mad!

Hail. 

16 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

The absolute fume on Arsenal Fan TV, if this happened, might just break the entire Internet! 

Hail. 

This would be amazing.  I think Chelsea grab him, but Kroenke might love him for a top 4 finisher.  Sad for them.  They deserve better.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Jozy Altidore has a new rival for the worst striker in PL history. 

Hail. 

Remember we aren't too far from him being Rodgers' last "Nearly" signing in January.

Got out of shape.  That's a shame.  Waste of a talent and opportunity.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, DC9 said:

Remember we aren't too far from him being Rodgers' last "Nearly" signing in January.

Got out of shape.  That's a shame.  Waste of a talent and opportunity.

There's a long list of English players that were supposed to be stars and peaked at 19 20. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Berggy9598 said:

There's a long list of English players that were supposed to be stars and peaked at 19 20. 

A lot of it is circumstance... it's not just English players.

Jose bought Mo Salah to keep him from BR the year we finished 2nd.  He probably puts us over the top and we could play differently against Chelsea with Hendo on a red from the City match the week before.  That one worked out but it's one example.

Pickford choosing the bitters is another one to keep an eye on.  Butland needs to get out of Stoke, his stock is already falling like a lead balloon.

4 hours ago, FrFan said:

Neymar out for season, €220 mil for this :wacko:

Let's see what Mbappé is up to.

Neal Maupay is the future of French football.  Been saying it for two years and I'm running out of time for it to become true, lol.

1 hour ago, DC9 said:

Neal Maupay is the future of French football.  Been saying it for two years and I'm running out of time for it to become true, lol.

Never heard about him, I trust you, so please send a memo to Deschamps.