Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

This one must be close then. Didn't realise Hull were busy having such a bat **** crazy fire sale until earlier. Huddlestone and Elmohamady for £2 million a piece and now Robertson for a paltry £8 M. What a complete A1 ****bag Allam is. It's like he's completely trying to decimate Hull City and run them into the ground before he bins them. Sorry mess in Humberside. The new Russian manager must be thinking 'WTF have I come to?'

Hail. 

9 minutes ago, MisterPinstripe said:

Good news. Also, maybe we will have a chance at getting Giroud.

With €60 mil Lacazette in, and claiming Sanchez is not for trade, good luck convincing Giroud to stay.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, YoungTheShow1984 said:

It is being reported that PSG are going to trigger the release clause in Neymars contract for €222 million.... Link here

In other news Newcastle signed Jacob Murphy from Norwich ?

Neymar = CR7, they always play the evil empire card to get more money

Jordi Mestre: "Neymar se queda en el Barcelona al 200%"

Edited by FrFan

Absolute, proper frigging Scouser!

Classy to the end: Lucas Leiva's open letter to Liverpool fans - Liverpool FC

"When I celebrated being at Liverpool for a decade recently, it meant a lot to hear some of the children who the Foundation has helped describe me as a Scouser.

I might not have won as many trophies as I would have liked during my time here but to have people talk about me in that way means as much as any medal."

Who's influence on the football club really can't be understated: 

Gonna' miss that man massively. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

Can we just call Robertson a straight swap?

Personally, I think Kev Stewart would transition to a decent centre half rather than DM. Tidy on the ball but not quite quick enough in speed of thought or pace but physically strong enough and a good tackler/ header of the ball to be a decent CB lower down. 

Hail. 

We are getting dangerously close to Michy Batshuayi leading the Chelsea line at least until January.  While a nice talent, having Batshuayi and Remy as our top striker options would be like nate sudfield and myself leading the redskins offense.

If there's any positive thing to come from it though, I have a great Michy avatar I can switch to.  

Edited by SkinssRvA
  • Like 1

Definition of a bad Wednesday ..... When you want to be watching the Reds with a bevvy but instead you're sat behind a desk watching the clock! 

HUMPH! :kickcan:

39 minutes ago, SkinssRvA said:

We are getting dangerously close to Michy Batshuayi leading the Chelsea line at least until January.  While a nice talent, having Batshuayi and Remy as our top striker options would be like nate sudfield and myself leading the redskins offense.

If there's any positive thing to come from it though, I have a great Michy avatar I can switch to.  

FWIW:

Hail. 

• Like 1

@Gibbs Hog Heaven That would be my preferred signing and if it's true I will be very, very happy.  I think Real wanted to start a bidding war for him but then everyone went out and signed someone else.  

WHo is playing up front for pool?  You guys planning on Origi taking over the reigns or sticking with Firmino?  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SkinssRvA said:

WHo is playing up front for pool?  You guys planning on Origi taking over the reigns or sticking with Firmino?  

I'm following this reading in another window, so until I'm home not seen anything, but first half it was Sturridge flanked by Firmino and Salah. This half Solanke flanked by Origi and Ryan Kent. 

With Dom Solanke apparently just scoring a beauty from 20 yards.

Hail.

I would think Sturridge would be your first choice, but the man is a bit of a nancy.  No offense to Nancy's the world over, but he just can't get over the lumps.  I never thought Firmino was an out and out front man...but I'm not sure he's played better on the wing either.  Klopp is good though, he will find his best position.  

Solanke would be interesting...I wonder how he would fare getting regular first team minutes.  That's a lot to ask of a 19 year old

Just like he's been doing all three games. One touch/ turn then bang. Never even looked at the goal. Great finish. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/MoLFC_/status/887672193236312067/video/1

Chelsea's attitude to youth is bizarre. They find them, put the time into coaching them, then don't play them! Completely defeats the object. Desperate for striking depth. And this lad just looks a natural finisher yer know?

L'pool won 2-0 with Origi bagging the second to face Leicester Sat'day's final. Taped it so I might well watch when I'm home to see if there's anything worth reporting on. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Just like he's been doing all three games. One touch/ turn then bang. Never even looked at the goal. Great finish. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/MoLFC_/status/887672193236312067/video/1

Chelsea's attitude to youth is bizarre. They find them, put the time into coaching them, then don't play them! Completely defeats the object. Desperate for striking depth. And this lad just looks a natural finisher yer know?

It's a point of discussion on our board.  The general consensus is our Youth Academy is essentially a revenue stream, like shirt sales or tv money...as opposed to a developmental resource.  We have won numerous youth cups and trophies over the years, but are happy to sell off prospects for 5-10m a pop.  We are first in revenue sales from transfers so far this summer by a decent margin.  And our overall net spend was the lowest (granted this was prior to the Bakayoko signing so I'm not sure where it is now).

Roman I believe is trying to recoup some of the 1Billion he has thrown at the club.  EVen Russian oligarchs I guess have some semblance of pride when it comes to losing money.  One of the things Conte said when he came here was that he wanted organic growth at the club and he has certainly paid more attention to the youth teams.  We'll see how it goes...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

L'pool won 2-0 with Origi bagging the second to face Leicester Sat'day's final. Taped it so I might well watch when I'm home to see if there's anything worth reporting on. 

Hail. 

Skip the first half. Palace just packs it in, sometimes with all 11 in the defensive third. More things change, more they stay the same... Can't believe they'd play like that an exhibition though.

Second half cracker from Solanke off a nice layoff from Origi. Grujic with a howler from way out made the keeper work, and Kent almost snuck one in off a nice slicing run. Origi gets the second when it falls to his foot after Phil cuts up the Palace defense.

Liked what I saw from Kent. Needs to tidy up some, but he's a talent. Flanno has no place on this team, unfortunately for the local lad, he's just not talented enough for this level, IMO. Red's depth showed, as they outclassed Palace second half when they finally started subbing out. That with no Mane too!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Long n Left said:

Skip the first half. Palace just packs it in, sometimes with all 11 in the defensive third. More things change, more they stay the same... Can't believe they'd play like that an exhibition though.

Second half cracker from Solanke off a nice layoff from Origi. Grujic with a howler from way out made the keeper work, and Kent almost snuck one in off a nice slicing run. Origi gets the second when it falls to his foot after Phil cuts up the Palace defense.

Liked what I saw from Kent. Needs to tidy up some, but he's a talent. Flanno has no place on this team, unfortunately for the local lad, he's just not talented enough for this level, IMO. Red's depth showed, as they outclassed Palace second half when they finally started subbing out. That with no Mane too!

Might as well practice like you are going to play during the upcoming season. No point for them to try to have a free flowing team when they arent going to do that. I imagine thats part of the reason Liverpool wanted to play them, need practice breaking down bunkers.

5 minutes ago, MisterPinstripe said:

Might as well practice like you are going to play during the upcoming season. No point for them to try to have a free flowing team when they arent going to do that. I imagine thats part of the reason Liverpool wanted to play them, need practice breaking down bunkers.

Supposedly de Boer wants to start playing football and utilising what is a pretty talented squad that should be pushing behind Everton for Europe. 

But then when that type of negativity has been ingrained for years I guess it's gonna' take a good whiles before any change will take effect. 

Cheers @Long n Left Appreciated mate. 

Hail. 

2 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Supposedly de Boer wants to start playing football and utilising what is a pretty talented squad that should be pushing behind Everton for Europe. 

But then when that type of negativity has been ingrained for years I guess it's gonna' take a good whiles before any change will take effect. 

Cheers @Long n Left Appreciated mate. 

Hail. 

Yeah we will see if they actually do change their style of play. Maybe its something they gradually do as the season wears on.

Granted, playing defensively and then countering is a perfectly valid strategy sometimes, so not knocking them for that if they decide to go that route against teams higher up the table.

Edited by MisterPinstripe
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, MisterPinstripe said:

Yeah we will see if they actually do change their style of play. Maybe its something they gradually do as the season wears on.

Whilst you're here .....

Everton badly need to bring in a winger/ wide player. Or two. With no knowing when Bollasie will be back, that midfield is looking so unbalanced with everyone wanting to play inside. And if/ when he arrives, Sigurdsson just adds to that logjam. 

With what looks like a pretty tricky qualifier against probably Brann Bergen, who are half way through their season already, next Thursday, I know this is concerning a lot of blues here. And Koeman still doesn't really have the personnel to play 5 at the back/ wing backs. Even less so with Coleman being out indefinitely. Shy of maybe playing a diamond, or pushing Lookman into action wide, it looks real messy to me in the midfield right now. 

Can't afford to not qualify. The Europa should be a realistic and serious aim for Everton to go far in this year if I was looking at it from your POV. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Whilst you're here .....

Everton badly need to bring in a winger/ wide player. Or two. With no knowing when Bollasie will be back, that midfield is looking so unbalanced with everyone wanting to play inside. And if/ when he arrives, Sigurdsson just adds to that logjam. 

With what looks like a pretty tricky qualifier against probably Brann Bergen, who are half way through their season already, next Thursday, I know this is concerning a lot of blues here. And Koeman still doesn't really have the personnel to play 5 at the back/ wing backs. Even less so with Coleman being out indefinitely. Shy of maybe playing a diamond, or pushing Lookman into action wide, it looks real messy to me in the midfield right now. 

Can't afford to not qualify. The Europa should be a realistic and serious aim for Everton to go far in this year if I was looking at it from your POV. 

Hail. 

Definitely agree on another winger, unfortunately I dont see anyone that we bring in having time to fit into the squad for the first leg anyway. The long term injuries are rough, just gotta hope people can step up. Davies played out wide in the midfield some last year so we may see him out there as well as Mirallas or Lennon. I expect even if we dont have who we ideally would want out there we should be able to win this and get to the group stage. Would be a massive disappointment if they do not regardless if its still basically the preseason.

Mason Holgate played well at RB and some as a WB last year so I could definitely see playing 5 at the back with Williams, Keene, and Jags in the middle. With all of the changes happening this year I have no clue how we are going to line up. Maybe the game today will give some sort of an idea on the lineup we may see. I couldnt even begin to predict the lineup for the qualifier or going into the season.

Side note: Sigurdsson for 50 is beyond crazy, I really hope we dont pay that much for him.

Edited by MisterPinstripe
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, MisterPinstripe said:

Mason Holgate played well at RB and some as a WB last year so I could definitely see playing 5 at the back with Williams, Keene, and Jags in the middle. .....

Yeah, I'm told Kenny looks a real promising talent at RB and is athletic/ rangy enough to be a wing back. Quite a few mates would like to see him given a **** and feel he's ready to step up but the word is the Martina signing will keep him down the 23's. 

I like Holgate a lot and like Gomez at L'pool I think he'll be a centre back ultimately. 

Hail. 

*Edit* And yeah, you should have enough to dispense of whomever the qualifier. Just it's tricky if it's the Norwegians, in particular, being as they're half way through their season and fully fit/ sharp already compared to being just into the pre-season. 

• Like 1