Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

I know GHH might kill me for saying but honestly Celtic always reminded me of Liverpool. YNWA thing, historic stadiums, league success. Not the same European success of course. Not dishing out major money to get players.

I say with your best interests at heart and not to be patronising, but don't add Glasgow to your list of football places to visit. 

Even the frigging ol' woman scare the living piss out of me in Glasgow! Scary, scary City. 

It's NOT for the fiend hearted. And like Belfast, if you happen to wonder into the wrong area you can be in a whole World of ****. 

They'd eat you alive. (Maybe literally ..... And I'm only half joking!). 

Hail. 

*Edit* Visit Edinburgh. Like chalk and cheese to grey, moody Glasgow. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

I say with your best interests at heart and not to be patronising, but don't add Glasgow to your list of football places to visit.

Even the frigging ol' woman scare the living piss out of me in Glasgow! Scary, scary City.

It's NOT for the fiend hearted. And like Belfast, if you happen to wonder into the wrong area you can be in a whole World of ****.

They'd eat you alive. (Maybe literally ..... And I'm only half joking!).

Hail.

*Edit* Visit Edinburgh. Like chalk and cheese to grey, moody Glasgow.

:(

----

I need a excuse to go to Sweden or Switzerland. Yes I'm a sucker for blondes.

----

Just after the European ban, one of our first seasons back in, we played a team called FC Haka in Finland. Which was basically a tiny little place (Vala something. I forget) in a wood a ways out of Helsinki. But enough of that. One of my bessi mates fell head over heals for this Finish tart. And he literally wasn't coming home. Like he held a whole ****ing plane up as he somehow (Scouse ingenuity) got her through one customs check and is then pleading with them to let her on the plane without a passport or ticket as 'they would die if they were separated!' Softlad had known this girl for ONE DAY AND A NIGHT!. (A night I slept on the ****ing hotel landing outside the room! ****er STILL owes me for that!). 

Moral of the story. DON'T go Scandinavia unless you're a Monk or gay! Those Viking blondes man .....

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

The more people I've checked in with tonight, and the more who are still without Europa League Final tickets having dipped out todays last chance ballot ..... genuine, good lads who've been all over Europe this year but may well of lost out to someone that's just been all 7 homes (****ing 1 in 7 chance my pasty white arse Liverpool! You wouldn't know loyalty if it jumped up and bit yers on yours!) ..... the more seething you are and the more guilty you feel you have one. (Even though Kazan away is all i've missed this run.). 

I'm with Klopp on his original (paraphrasing) '100K L'pool family come and enjoy' line before the ****s forced him to back track. EVERYONE that can needs to be in Basle to let UEFA know just what a bunch of absolute braindead ****s they are for holding this there. 

The flip side though is ANY hint of ANY trouble and it'll be all put on our toes yet again when the real culprits are the ****wits in suits in Nyon who couldn't give a flying **** about football fans!

Hail. 

----

Hate to burst your bubble. 

My step family is Swedish and my best friend is Swiss, so I have people that lives in both places and visit.

You have hot women like you do anywhere but it's not like you're surrounded by Vendelas and Victoria Silvstedts.  Iceland and Austria(?), IMO, have more blondes. In Iceland you can go with the line that there is NO chance you two are related. 

So, Rovers win the last two games after Lambert announced his departure, looking rather good in the process.  Lot of good it does now.

A local Blackburn group has offered to purchase 51% of the club, letting Venky's keep the other 49%.  Doubt it goes anywhere.  I've really tried sticking up for these folks but they've left me nothing to say on their behalf.

• Like 2

Men in Blazers 05/05/16: Jurgen Klopp Pod Special

Men In Blazers

http://feeds.soundcloud.com/stream/262629841-meninblazers-men-in-blazers-050516-jurgen-klopp-pod-special.mp3

Rog traveled to England and spoke with Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp about his leadership strategies, goals for the club and connection to the city.

Subscribe the podcast http://feeds.feedburner.com/MenInBlazers

----

Sent from Podcast Republic 2.8.1

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.itunestoppodcastplayer.app

• Like 2

Man Utd players react as coach attacked at Upton Park - BBC Sport

Hope West Ham are proud. ****bags. Utd are patently **** scared there. 

That said, even given the emotion, how Utd came out so flat after that is to everyone's detriment and disgrace. 

Hail. 

I'm Forever Throwing Bottles....

According to rumors Ancelotti is interested in Daniel Carvaja, Hector Bellerin, Miralem Pjanic, Luka Modric, and Toni Kroos.

That's quite a haul... even for him.  But this early in the window we get a ton or rumors.  At least for the Premier League, you have to feel there will be more movement this year with the TV money, etc.

• Like 1

So, Rovers win the last two games after Lambert announced his departure, looking rather good in the process.  Lot of good it does now.

A local Blackburn group has offered to purchase 51% of the club, letting Venky's keep the other 49%.  Doubt it goes anywhere.  I've really tried sticking up for these folks but they've left me nothing to say on their behalf.

Had NO idea Paul Lambert was down there.  I guess I should've, wasn't he your manager when we met in the FA Cup last year?

I think at that time watching matches felt more like a chore for me.

Hang in there, brother.

No one should have to fear for their life at games. There's a difference between passion and ***hole. Opposing teams expect hostile reactions but not physically threatening. That's the line that gets passed by South America fans so much.

Most of West Ham's history is thuggery and goonish behavior.  Go read up on the ICF from back in the day.  "Green Street Hooligans" was loosely based on the ICF.

This is why, for me, they'll never be a top club no matter where they play.

Had NO idea Paul Lambert was down there.  I guess I should've, wasn't he your manager when we met in the FA Cup last year?

I think at that time watching matches felt more like a chore for me.

Hang in there, brother.

Thank you, sir.  

Lambert's only been in charge for about half a season, little more.  Before that it was Gary Bowyer, who I still think doesn't get enough credit from the fanbase.  Those games were definitely hard Route 1, so I understand that.  Not generally totally our style since Big Sam has left, though when out of ideas that's what pretty much every one of our manager's has resorted to.  I guess that's what happens, though.

I'm Forever Throwing Bottles....

I randomly get that stupid song stuck in my head from time to time.  Usually when my boys are playing with the bubble machine.

Edited by Old Bay
  • Like 1

Why would any young player go to Real, wait till you are established before getting that fat contract and sit on the bench.

Which is funny because every player is like a starter that Carlos is targeting. Maybe he thinks the Real starters want a change of scenery? There were rumor Ramos and Ronaldo wanted transfers.

Why would any young player go to Real, wait till you are established before getting that fat contract and sit on the bench.

A couple of reasons

1) $$$$$

2) If Real are even looking at you, then you have probably been "the man" your whole life.  Why wouldn't you think that you're going to go in an win a spot in the 11?

You would think after a while, though, that when you see Real pulling Tony Kroos off the bench your chances as a teenager/early-20s kid aren't great.

I'll never forget that game at Anfield... where we were scrounging for possession and then Real makes a sub and it's Tony ****ing Kroos.  :lol:  

FFP, these...

Unfortunate behavior from West Ham yesterday.  On another note, Up the blues vs 'pool!  Most likely gonna get run out, but should allow for some good banter in this thread.

Too bad that Terry is suspended.

Was hoping to hear about his mom this evening.

Too bad that Terry is suspended.

Was hoping to hear about his mom this evening.

and so it begins!  Just for that, Hazard to score a brace.  I've notified him of his responsibility and he responded with "I'll try if I want to." 

Edited by SkinssRvA