Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

On the verge of greatness and then sadness smacking you in the face? Sure, being a caps and nats fan has prepared me well for that lol. Also, that is definitely one thing I've heard is that they do have a huge fan base here. It seems like Richmond actually has a Gooner organization as well, at least a spot to watch the games.

Just curious, why not pick Tottenham?

As for the FIFA thing, I suck at the game, but I'm getting better. I keep changing around teams and that might be my problem.

But yea, I'll take some more info on Arsenal if you don't mind.

Only thing I don't want to happen is to be labeled a band wagoner if they do end up winning it all lol.

Trust me, it's been over a decade since Arsenal won it and there's been a ton of sadness in between so no one will call you a bandwagoner.

And yeah every city has a watch group. I live in philly for school so I try to make it down to the Misconduct Tavern when I can. It's great. Literally packed with ppl singing and chanting. I'm sure Richmond would be the same. I'm moving back home to the DMV in a few months and have already found the bars where they meet there. Can't wait

Off the top of my head, you should go to Arsenal dot com and set up an account for Arsenal Player. It has archived games, highlights, funny vids, interviews, etc.

Also go on YouTube and search ArsenalFanTV and watch today's fan interviews from the game. Tons of passion.

I'll post some once the Caps game ends

Lastly, don't pick Tottenham because that's Arsenal's main rival

See guys, you can banter with GHH and his delusions of grandeur and not get crazy.

He's not that bad a guy lol

Albeit he's a complete ****ing idiot. But that's mainly to himself and the choices he makes.

But he does come from the best City on Earth and has the cool ass accent to prove it that has woman the World over swooning so there is that.  :D.

Hail. 

I won't initiate a "Klopp Out".

Just the injuries are so ****ing unreal this year.

Literally down to playing a 10 at center forward because the 32 mil 9 we bought is ****.

And **** if we aren't down to our 8th CB...

It's hard out there for a pimp.

Appreciate the info BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93. Just curious, is there an Arsenal forum that you frequent or just mainly talk in this thread?

I mostly talk sports on twitter nowadays (if you have twitter, I can give you some accounts to follow) but SB Nation blogs never fail.

Here's Arsenal's:

http://theshortfuse.sbnation.com

Also, Arseblog dot com is a very popular team blog that's ran by a guy from Dublin. He covers everything and also releases two podcasts a week on Mondays and Fridays on iTunes. 

I figured you'd dig that one ;)

He meant you made him think of Leeds and he literally started crying again. 

And not in a good way.  :P.

I won't initiate a "Klopp Out".

Just the injuries are so ****ing unreal this year.

Literally down to playing a 10 at center forward because the 32 mil 9 we bought is ****.

And **** if we aren't down to our 8th CB...

It's hard out there for a pimp.

SO frustrating that if we had any semblance of a 'keeper and defenders who could do basic, fundamental defending Wednesday; and the same up front yesterday in a competent, composed goalscorer; we'd of had 6 out of 6 this past week and been buzzing. 

Now, because we lost to THEM, it feels the complete opposite and a complete low. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

Lot of talk on Swansea fixing to bid for the Welsh Xavi/ Pirlo/ insert funniest name you can tag him with. 

Can't believe I'm actually going to say this, but I'm not sure we can afford to let him go, as much as he needs gone, right now.

He's wank. But he's an experienced body wank. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

SO frustrating that if we had any semblance of a 'keeper and defenders who could do basic, fundamental defending Wednesday; and the same up front yesterday in a competent, composed goalscorer; we'd of had 6 out of 6 this past week and been buzzing. 

Now, because we lost to THEM, it feels the complete opposite and a complete low. 

Hail. 

Truly think Boston just wants to stay up.  No interest in challenging.  And our net loss was only around 10 mil over the summer because of the Sterling money.  So it's not like Henry can point to that and say "Look at all that we spent over the summer"... cause we didn't.

If anything he should give Jurgen 20 mil for not firing Rodgers after Stoke and allowing him spend the Suarez and Sterling money.

Spare me the "Transfer committee" nonsense he went on about yesterday.  He already claimed the semi-successful players as "his" and the ones he didn't like as "theirs"... the undecided ones were "a joint effort".  Give me a ****ing break Brendan.

Hopefully this Balotelli to West Ham rumor is true and it goes through quick.  10 mil is 10 mil is 10 mil.  We can use it, and we need it.

Lot of talk on Swansea fixing to bid for the Welsh Xavi/ Pirlo/ insert funniest name you can tag him with. 

Can't believe I'm actually going to say this, but I'm not sure we can afford to let him go, as much as he needs gone, right now.

He's wank. But he's an experienced body wank. 

Hail. 

Even better.  If they want him, build up the kitty.

I'm not sure we're challenging for top 4 and is he really going to help us win Europa?  I don't think so.

• Like 1

Got to admit this Shane Long supposed £8/9 million bid disturbs me lil'bro'. 

If they're still thinking this is the way forward and Klopp can make superstars out of ****e then I honestly don't know where we're going. 

Hail. 

I would take Shane Long if they sold Benteke.  And remember, Rodgers even said Benteke was his guy and was supposed to bring "balance to the force" so to speak.  And I mean, by all means, sell him to Chelsea.  They'll take him and we'll get close to the return we're looking for.  Could probably go out and grab Lacazette or another player or two with that money.

I know there's a market for him.  He's not going to do anything for us and Jurgen won't even put him on save for the last 10 minutes where he won't have too much of an effect due to the laziness.

But that's a lot of money for Long, who hasn't done much in the league.  If Boston just want to flip guys around for a profit then we need to press them to sell. 

I saw they spent heavy on the Red Sox this offseason.  Brave can tell you all about that.

• Like 1

Honestly, if I'm Klopp - I'm waiting for the sale of the Carmethan Pirlo to go through as well as Mario.

If that nets you 15 mil... awesome.  Ask for 10 more mil and go sign Victor Andrade from Benfica.

That's someone who can help you this summer.  Continue on for the winger we talked about the other day, too.

He's not cup tied because Benfica are in Champions League - not sure they'd sell him, but he's at the top of my list for forwards.

• Like 1

Best get some frigging monster centre-halves in now who are unbeatable in the air ala what he did in Dortmund with the average 'keeper he had there. Presume that's the thinking. Can't even put it down to safeguarding ourselves given the length of contact which undoubtably has a bump in pay. 

First mistake ..... scrap that ..... first MAJOR mistake of the Klopp era. 

****ing idiots.

Hail.