Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Darren Rovell @darrenrovell 40s41 seconds ago

How long has it been since the US won the World Cup? This movie debuted the week the women last won

CJMBvluWIAEgi9u.png

Jeopardy! Sports @JeopardySports 21m21 minutes ago

"Who is: Carli Lloyd?" #JeopardySports

CJL-C3pWgAAaBMx.jpg

Anfield Chat @TheAnfieldChat 14s14 seconds ago

Amazing at football, Not bad looking at all and she's a Liverpool fan. I think I'm in love with Carli Lloyd.

• Like 1

Pretty amazing really considering Japan looks to be the much stronger side with their runs, triangles, 1-2 touch passing and possession.

They hardly got a touch before it was 3-0, bro lol

It's all cause of the tactics like dc hogs said

They hardly got a touch before it was 3-0, bro lol

It's all cause of the tactics like dc hogs said

If a team is bunkering 11 behind the ball, normally there is no space at all to do anything and even less so in the clogged up middle so I wouldn't say it's all just tactics. I mean don't get me wrong i thought it was at about an 85% chance the US would win this game, japan just looks more technically sound just like when you see the US men's national team play one of the better sides from Europe. Edited by Zazzaro703

CJMP3nUUkAEkgZi.jpg

If a team is bunkering 11 behind the ball, normally there is no space at all to do anything and even less so in the clogged up middle so I wouldn't say it's all just tactics. I mean don't get me wrong i thought it was at about an 85% chance the US would win this game, japan just looks more technically sound just like when you see the US men's national team play one of the better sides from Europe.

They isn't a ton of space.  Their first goal wasn't off a clean run and their second was an own goal.  The US is capitalizing on set pieces as well.

You can possess the **** out of the ball in the final third and not find a clean channel.  Watch anyone play Chelsea...

Y'all win?

Told you the Japanese were not very good. All possession and no end product/ cutting edge. 

Just think yourself lucky the English gals had no luck the semi as they had the same unwavering belief in themselves as your girls. Now THAT would of been one HELL of a final. 

Congratulations. 

Must be all down to your English Coach!  ;)

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven