Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

So we learned today that it is easier to get rid of Sepp Bladder than Brendan Rodgers...

:lol:  :lol: Sadly, but patience my friend. It's now ALL on him and he has to put up or shut up The honeymoon is well and truly OVER!

He turns it around (which I can't see as much as I try. Once you've lost the dressing room it normally only results in one outcome); then the club is flying and everyones happy. 

He continues stumbling on and dragging us down, then Ancelotti and Klopp are out there waiting. 

Patience. 

Hail. 

Wasn't Klopp supposed to be manager like 5 weeks ago, what's the delay 

Just sack him already

No, only medias tried to find him a landing spot, which in the end was a consensus for LFC. Then he caught the Carlo's virus, the sabbatical year.

Edit:

The UEFA meeting scheduled Saturday, June 6 in Berlin has been postponed to a later date to "take a step back," said Michel Platini. Members of the UEFA should meet soon to define their future relations with FIFA, entangled in a vast corruption scandal.

He didn't want to tell if he'll be running for FIFA presidency. My guess: he will, unless he would have said I'm not interested.

As soon as Blatter heard KB spent the night with Rihanna he decided to award him 7 golden balls.

9lQ71rf.jpg

Edited by FrFan

It's getting uglier and uglier each day and it's just the beginning ! Now we've got the Qataris who are mad at the WAPO, and Blatter's entourage saying that Platini stabbed him in the back.

To be continued.....

Edited by FrFan

Milner's done.

That move won't scare anyone.  On a free but at 150k a week... the ****?

Ings likely later today/tomorrow.

Both are actually upgrades for me, but not top 4 type upgrades.

Would like to see a LEGIT worldy come into the side this summer somewhere in the midfield or up front.

The Yorkshire Figo on his way to Liverpool. Potentially the signing of the summer if they keep him playing in the middle. Great bit of business.

Pair him with the Welsh Xabi and there's no telling what we can do.

• Like 3

Milner's done.

That move won't scare anyone.  On a free but at 150k a week... the ****?

Ings likely later today/tomorrow.

Both are actually upgrades for me, but not top 4 type upgrades.

Would like to see a LEGIT worldy come into the side this summer somewhere in the midfield or up front.

That's my thing with Milner. I'm not pissed at all with the pick up. He instantly becomes a starter and one of our best players by default. But he's nothing 'special.' Don't get me wrong, he's a great pro and a very solid, hard working all round player. But if I'm paying 100 plus a week in wages I want it to be on a consistent difference maker. Not a very similar type to what we have, albeit  better, who is only a 3 year or so option. 

I'm not pissed over it but the resources could of been utilised better IMHO. 

As for the forward situation .....

Where we massively f-ed up was pulling out of the Remi deal. Proven Premiership scorer for 7 million or so. The utter B/S over the medical just added to the frustration. 

I'm actually still of the school (admittedly a very small one) that thinks we could be getting a Hell of a lot more out of Mario if we worked with him and played to his strengths. But the manager steadfast refuses to do that so it's a complete non-starter. 

Ings I have no problem with. Cheap option that should add something different off the bench. And he's still young enough to mould with better coaching. Sturridge you sadly just can not rely on at all. If he comes back at Christmas and then breaks down again, I'd be inclined to cut ties next summer. Somethings not right in his build at all there. Hopefully Borini finally admits he's got no chance of playing, and cuts his loses on his wage packet to play somewhere. And you'd presume Lambert will be moved on. 

So on the face of it, at the minute, you have a top class fella' who's never fit. A World class talent who is also a World class pain in the ass who nobody wants. And a young kid making a major step up who still has a lot of developing to do. Oh, and a returning Origi who is nowhere near ready for the Premier League IMHO. I've made a point of watching quite a few Lille games this year and he's all pace and little else. To say he's still raw is an understatement, And most of the Belgium lads I know who come over share the same view. A loan would be the most prudent thing there but we might be that desperate we roll with him. 

A pretty darn woeful situation as we stand up front. 

Tevez would be ideal. Everything Rodgers requires. And still works as hard as anyone at 31. Proven in England and still doing it. But I can't see Juve selling as he's vitally important to the way they play. Aside from the injury concerns, I'd love to push Arsenal on a Sterling/ Walcott swap. He'd be fantastic for us. Maybe similar with City for Djeko? Or if Madrid are serious on Sterling, explore Benzema. I keep seeing Higuain mentioned, but I'd be wary there. The only real recent South American forwards that have fit in over here are the strong, stocky workhorses that can take it and still produce like Tevez, Suarez and Augero. The leaner, rangier forwards tend to struggle to adapt. Excellent goal scorer. Just fear he could be another Falcao and not be suited to England at all. I really rate the lad at West Brom, but being as his agent is the same prick who is Sterlings, that ain't ever happening. Plus we desperate need experienced, proven quality up there. 

One things for sure, we desperately need to get someone of that ilk in and quick. 

For if we roll with last years forwards plus Ings and Origi, the end result is going to be pretty much the same. 

I also still attest a solid 'keeper is still a massive priority as well but that's another story.

Hail. 

• Like 1

I find it funny that all the reports make it seem like he snubbed arsenal..

When the truth is that he'd only be playing CO Cup games for them lol

Milner?

Much better player than he is given credit for. Quietly he was City's best midfield player not named Silva last season. I think he immediately becomes one of the first names on Liverpools team sheet.

Now with Arsenal he'd be more a rotational player a bit like he was at City IMO. He'd have value as well in that he can play literally anywhere across the midfield. He's much more than a squad player who gets 3 or 4 games a year for a real top team in domestic cup games.

Dude, Arsenal and Liverpool are literally linked to everyone

I'm totally down for us all to create a fake Twitter account and make up bs transfer rumors

Reus to Anfield

Ronaldo to the Emirates

Let's do it

Can I start an Ozil to Tottenham twitter rumour and we can bet on how long it takes Joe to find me and come steamng in?

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

John Delaney confirms FIFA made payment to FAI to prevent legal case over Thierry Henry handball

John Delaney has confirmed that FIFA made a payment to the FAI so the association would not take legal proceedings over the Thierry Henry handball in the World Cup play-off with France......

It keeps on coming, everyday, to be continued.......

Edit: FIFA's new rankings

1) Germany

2) Belgium !!!! 12 WC appearances with a best in Mexico 1986 (4th) !

FIFA formula: P = M x I x T x C x 100

P= points M= results I= game importance T= opponent strength C= coefficient determining the value of the confederation.

Edited by FrFan

Pair him with the Welsh Xabi and there's no telling what we can do.

That just had me literally  LOL. 

I have to admit I never thought I'd ever see both Joe Allen and James Milner compared to two of the greatest players of their respective generations. Man, it's a good job Houllier is no longer here. He had Bruno Cheyrou labeled as the new Zidane, and proclaimed Djimi Traore the next Desailly. One could only imagine just what he'd call the likes of Lovren and Lambert . :lol:.

And just to make your day, after being insulted by the clubs contract offer, your boy Skrtel is heavily rumoured to be open to any European offers. 

Ah well. On the bright side Ancelotti and Klopp will still be out there come Christmas. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jun/04/liverpool-raheem-sterling-manchester-united?CMP=share_btn_tw

If true, that just sums up what a complete ****bag Raheem is. 

Aside from the fact it makes a mockery, and City can be included here, of what's been an open secret all year up here, that he wants out of the North West to return South; for him to be even considering them is an absolute disgrace and tells you all you need to know on the little rat. 

Hopefully Utd come in with a formal bid and spark a bidding war that may well net us a stupidly overpriced fee. 

Hail.