Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

A player in an offside position is only penalised if, at the moment the ball touches or is played by one of his team, he is, in the opinion of the referee, involved in active play by:

• interfering with play or
  • interfering with an opponent or
  • gaining an advantage by being in that position
Edited by Morrison J

A player in an offside position is only penalised if, at the moment the ball touches or is played by one of his team, he is, in the opinion of the referee, involved in active play by:

• interfering with play or
  • interfering with an opponent or
  • gaining an advantage by being in that position

Rooney was clearly interfering with the Preston keeper - the keeper could not commit to diving for the ball until it went past Rooney. Rooney had a direct influence on the play - should have been given offside. That the Preston keeper went down installments once he did commit is neither here nor there.

• Like 4

Rooney was clearly interfering with the Preston keeper - the keeper could not commit to diving for the ball until it went past Rooney. Rooney had a direct influence on the play - should have been given offside. That the Preston keeper went down installments once he did commit is neither here nor there.

Then Rooney got rewarded a PK for simulation, which ultimately sealed Preston's fate.  Preston got jobbed hard today, I hope we beat the **** out of United in the quarterfinals.

• Like 1

Yeah, the last two goals for United were very debate worthy.  Kind of funny to listen to the Fox Sports 1 guys have an opinion and the the ESPN FC guys have another opinion.

That dive by Rooney was shameful.  I think United get in on that move anyway with the keeper so far out.

But no question in my mind that Rooney caused that goal to go in.  It was a slow paced shot and the keeper easily gets to that if Rooney isn't there.

Lets not let the blatant push on the back by Fellaini for the 2nd goal go unmentioned either.. 

Off the Preston free kick?  Oh that was an easy pen to Preston with no call.

This is why I like consistent officiating... don't get into the "I owe you calls".  Call it by the book or at least call it consistently and you don't get into the Michael Oliver scenarios that always seem to plague his "well officiated matches".

Blackburn at home. One foot in the semi's. 

Quietly confident of celebrating Stevie's Birthday in style at Anfield South May 30.

And loving the chances of little Bradford reaching the semi. Story of the season.

Hail. 

Quietly confident?  We are Liverpool.

We're going to dust them off until we don't. ;)

• Like 1

Actually got to watch that match against Stoke.  First one this season.  Wasn't really impressed with the line up Bowyer put out.  It worked out in the end.  Stoke's side was much stronger as they fielded a starting caliber team, but Rovers didn't so much.  Maybe Bowyer is trying to conserve the squad for another push at the playoffs?  

Extremely scrappy start to the game, Marshall got hurt and was subbed out after 10 minutes.  I don't foresee King reworking that magic in the next round, if he starts.  He's only ever scored like half a dozen prior to this match.  I thought Rovers were shaky for the first 30 minutes and wasn't confident in a result at all.  Crouch scored when Stoke were down to 10 men since Diouf was off the pitch when he was poked in the eye.  Once Cameron got sent off it was pretty much over for Stoke as they lost their cool.  I think they still could've made a game of it, but King's pace did give them nightmares.

Was good to see the lads play.  Think I'll make the effort again to watch the Liverpool match as I should be able find a feed for that one as well.

Edited by Old Bay

It sounds like Brendan will be playing the youngins on Thursday night, which means we are going in on Top 4 and FA Cup.

The Championship and League 1 sides have been a ton of fun to watch in this tournament.  But as we draw to the last stages, it's time for Darwin's opinion to weigh-in.

It sounds like Brendan will be playing the youngins on Thursday night, which means we are going in on Top 4 and FA Cup.

The Championship and League 1 sides have been a ton of fun to watch in this tournament.  But as we draw to the last stages, it's time for Darwin's opinion to weigh-in.

I'll be WHOLLY pissed if he treats the Europa like last he did his first season. 

This club is ALL about European football, looking up at on;y 2 clubs, Milan and Madrid, in UEFA competition. And the form we're in (looking real solid <1 defeat in 17> if patchy in the football played), this is a competition we should be looking at winning. 

Missing my first European trip of the season a week Thursday (seen the boys in Istanbul 3 times, once against Besiktas and I've been the Ataturk for the greatest football match ever back in '05 so can't really justify the expense and holidays again); but I'd better darn well have a trip still to go after this round!

Respect the competition, club and supporters Rodgers. As our kid says, 'We are Liverpool!'

Talking Europe, good luck PSG tonight against the rent boy ****s. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

Was good to see the lads play.  Think I'll make the effort again to watch the Liverpool match as I should be able find a feed for that one as well.

Congrats on the progress and good luck the quarter final. 

Would of preferred it at Ewood for a good day out but with no disrespect intended, I'd be pretty darn disappointed not to be in the semis facing Blackburn at Anfield. 

Possibly to our detriment, but honestly I hope Bowyer goes full strength for the Rovers fans sake and you give it a real good go. What have you got to lose 2 games from the cup final?

Hail. 

I think Rovers have a squad worthy of promotion if they could get it together, but I won't be surprised at all if we lose.  At this stage Bowyer's got to go full strength barring any injuries.  Eastwood is our cup keeper, and has played well, so won't be shocked if he plays again.  Every other starter should be going.

I was a bit disappointed to see such an empty stadium against Stoke, but I know the long running ill feelings towards the Venky's so I can't be too harsh I guess.  But at a certain point I feel the fan base is cutting its nose to spite its face.  It's not the ticket prices that have kept people away.