Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Not sure why we weren't given a penalty there for the foul on Henderson

Sterling liking to pass rather than shoot every time. Yet he's our 'striker.'

Couple that with Lallana having no interest in possession... and we're stuck goalless.

I've counted 11 times Lallana has fallen down.

My opinion of Lallana couldn't be lower after today.

What a ****ing piece of ****

Need to see it again but looked a fair tackle to me. Hendo needs to be stronger there.

Hail.

Straight into his back while holding onto his arm.  The only question was did Hendo have enough possession.

If Lucas hit that game winner I would've lost my mind.

Bolton played VERY well today.  Their keeper stopped that one good effort from Borini and I just knew it was going to be that kind of day.

Gotta question some of the subs from Rodgers - as well as the starting 11.

Lallana is now THAT guy for me, after today.  Holy **** kid....

The last thing we needed was a replay...

• Like 1

So hey, I think this was discussed earlier in this thread, or it might have been in a video game thread.  I was looking at the Wiki article about the English football league and see that it goes down something like 24 levels.  Is there a soccer, excuse me, football game that allows you to start as a team that's in division 22 or something and try to steer them all the way to the top?

So hey, I think this was discussed earlier in this thread, or it might have been in a video game thread.  I was looking at the Wiki article about the English football league and see that it goes down something like 24 levels.  Is there a soccer, excuse me, football game that allows you to start as a team that's in division 22 or something and try to steer them all the way to the top?

I don't think so.  And I only knew of 8 levels of the pyramid.

GHH has the better answer for football manager.  FIFA only goes down to the bottom League (English Football League 2).  It's still a good fight to get from League 2, to League 1, to Championship, and then to the Premier league, though.  I always have fun doing it.

You'll learn a ton about teams you never knew if you do that.  And then you can always do like I do and put your application in for Liverpool until they hire you.

UAE before Oil money

Darn Americans and their devil western ways.

Managers playing weak teams...I hate how the FA Cup has been cheapened. Some great entertainment today but its definitely lost a lot of its magic. 

Need to give the winner a champions league place in my opinion.

I mean, City had Aguero, Milner, Navas, Zabaletta and Silva out there yesterday as well as Kompany and many of the regular.  The only regular I didn't notice was actually Joe Hart.

Didn't see the Chelsea match so I can't speak to them.  Wouldn't be surprised if they were weak cause of their upcoming schedule.

BR played a bit of a weakened side cause we have the second leg of the League Cup Semi on Tuesday.

I think the teams that can afford to play the big club play the big club. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_football_league_system

Just so you can look through it, if it interests you.

I think outside of Swansea City there hasn't been a team recently that has come up from the depths of the pyramid with any measure of success.

I know the "new" AFC Wimbledon has had something like 6 promotions in the last 8 years and they're down in League 2.  They're a fun side to watch in my opinion.

But it's definitely a cool system.  I'd like to impliment something like that for college football.  It'd be cool if NFL and CFL could merge on rules and do it, but I think it would over-complicate the draft.

But I think it's a very cool system.  It definitely polices itself and every game counts.

I mean, City had Aguero, Milner, Navas, Zabaletta and Silva out there yesterday as well as Kompany and many of the regular.  The only regular I didn't notice was actually Joe Hart.

Didn't see the Chelsea match so I can't speak to them.  Wouldn't be surprised if they were weak cause of their upcoming schedule.

BR played a bit of a weakened side cause we have the second leg of the League Cup Semi on Tuesday.

I think the teams that can afford to play the big club play the big club. 

Man City put out a strong side but only arrived in England after a 7 hour flight from Abu Dhabi the day before. Hardly great preparation for a game they should be taking seriously?

Chelsea had their scrubs starting. 

Just annoys me a bit that all these other competitions are taking away from the FA Cup so much. Used to mean so much winning it, its importance now is very much diminished, nearly seen as a relief for some teams to get knocked out so they can concentrate on the league. 

Man City put out a strong side but only arrived in England after a 7 hour flight from Abu Dhabi the day before. Hardly great preparation for a game they should be taking seriously?

Chelsea had their scrubs starting. 

Just annoys me a bit that all these other competitions are taking away from the FA Cup so much. Used to mean so much winning it, its importance now is very much diminished, nearly seen as a relief for some teams to get knocked out so they can concentrate on the league. 

If the FA wants it to be taken seriously they need to find a way to get the winner a Champions League spot.  A Europa spot is seen as a hinderence since most games are on Thursdays.

I agree though, for me they're still a ton of fun to watch.  I don't have an advanced Soccer package from my cable provider (my wife would kill me since I already have the Sunday ticket and Center Ice) so I don't normally get to see anything other than the BPL and SOMETIMES a Championship match (as far as English Football goes).

• Like 1

Real under investigation on a couple of youngsters (14 and 15) for failing to comply with fifa rules. The club could face a recruiting ban just like Barca. According to AS Barca is the cause of the investigation, after being denounced itself by three other clubs.

Crystal Palace away. If we get past Bolton a week tomorrow like. 

Next victim up

Seriously tho, when was the last time a club repeated the FA Cup?

Not saying Arsenal will just yet but I'm guessing it's not very common

Chelsea a few years back. 

Then you're going back to the early '00's and Arsenal getting to 3 in a row at Cardiff, winning the last two after losing to a rather more successful club in red the first in 2001.  :D.

Middlesbrough are very well organised and stingy as all heck defensively. Won't be a cake walk. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

Next victim up

Seriously tho, when was the last time a club repeated the FA Cup?

Not saying Arsenal will just yet but I'm guessing it's not very common

I think it was Arsenal in 92 and 93 just after a quick look at wiki.

EDIT:  NM - GHH was right, Chelsea did in 09-10

Edited by DC9