Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

he'll be good in the future but doesn't address anything for this season. He's in that "next wave" with Bellerin, Hayden, Zelalem, Gnabry Chambers, and Bielik. That's half a team right there. IF you look at it as a five year window, these "kids" will be on the pitch as youngsters with then-vets like Wilshere, Ox, Ramsey, Theo, Gibbs, Jenks, Sanogo, and Szcz.

Szcz

Bellerin, Hayden, Miquel, Gibbs

Bielik, Ramsey

Ox, Zelalem, Theo

Sanogo (in theory)

still no room for Wilshre :(

I was looking at the list and Sanchez will be 30 in 5 years.

I have a feeling Wojeich wont be with this team after this summer. He just hasnt improved.

We've recalled Ibe?

Why? Don't get that. He won't get many games and his development would be far better served at Derby IMHO.

Hail.

I believe that he will be in a rotation with Lallana and Sterling. Lallana can't stay fit and they a running Raheem into the ground. I like the move (if they aren't going to spend money). I would much rather have Ibe getting game time than Lavezzi.

I believe that he will be in a rotation with Lallana and Sterling. Lallana can't stay fit and they a running Raheem into the ground. I like the move (if they aren't going to spend money). I would much rather have Ibe getting game time than Lavezzi.

Ibe has always been a better winger for me.  He's only to the one move though... where he goes to the touchline and then kicks it back into the middle. 

Maybe not a winger in the traditional sense where he can pass well, etc... but on the wing is where he is most effective in attack might be a better way to say it.

So our January additions are going to be a fit Sturridge, a re-called Ibe, and a re-called/called-up Origi?

Man - Fenway has faith in this kid eh?

And jo, definitely agree on Ibe over Levezzi. 

Disappointed by Higuain...

No issues with the side other than Borini starting and no Balotelli.  I like Ibe on the bench.

BR is stubborn to a fault...

I think the issue of Balotelli playing lone striker has been exhausted. He can not play in a 1 striker system

No issues with the side other than Borini starting and no Balotelli. I like Ibe on the bench.

BR is stubborn to a fault...

Mario and Gerrard not even in the bench. Can still at the back whilst Lucas and Henderson play. SMDH.

RODGERS OUT!

I think the issue of Balotelli playing lone striker has been exhausted. He can not play in a 1 striker system

Playing 1 striker is a continued problem regardless.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

Playing 1 striker is a continued problem regardless.

Hail.

I would rather have 2 midfielders than strikers as the team is currently constructed…unless one of those strikers in named Daniel Sturridge

**edit**

and yes, that includes Lucas.

Edited by jobaga

I would rather have 2 midfielders than strikers as the team is currently constructed…unless one of those strikers in named Daniel Sturridge

**edit**

and yes, that includes Lucas.

Good Coaches adapt the team/ system to the personnel they have.

That's been exhausted. This is a futile discussion as we will never agree.

Hail.

Good Coaches adapt the team/ system to the personnel they have.

That's been exhausted. This is a futile discussion as we will never agree.

Hail.

Agreed. I will be on your side of the Balotelli argument if he doesn't get a legitimate chance to play in a 2 striker system when DS comes back. Even then, I believe Origi will get the first crack at it. Until then, I believe he is doing the best with the players available to him.