Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jasons performance last night...Deja vu

skinnyles

As for the comments about not talking about this topic in the stadium, he is a former redskin player...are we not allowed to talk about former redskins in the stadium? Honest question.

Retired Redskin: talk about in the Stadium. Examples include Monk, Green, Sonny, Manley, etc.

Former Redskins still in NFL on another team: Around the NFL topics. The reason we shouldn't talk about Campbell in the stadium is the same reason we don't talk about Bailey, Trent Green (when he played), Suisham, Novak, Matthews, etc. Sure, they were here, but they aren't anymore. Lots of people are still pissed at JC on a personal level, but until the Skins play Oakland, there's no reason to talk about him anywhere other than ATNFL

I'm sure the more strident of the Colt groupies have followed him back the the west coast. The Raider fans will love 'em cause they'll bash Campbell just give props to Colt warranted or not.

Actually, as you browse the threads you will find some of the exact same usernames over there. I don't think I've ever seen such fanfare for a player that has done absolutely nothing.

I'm not a VIP or anything, but I'm glad this thread was posted in, "The Stadium", because it is Redskins related, and I almost never look in the general NFL forum. We have, "should we" threads in here on players from other teams constantly, as well as threads on college players around draft time. This thread is relevant to those who are only interested in the Skins, and therefore seems perfectly relevant in the Redskins specific forum.

Jason Campbell playing for the Raiders has nothing to do with the Redskins. We don't play them this year and if anything we should be cheering for Campbell to beat NFC teams so we can increase our chances of making the playoffs.

Don't laugh at the Raiders...they got Campbell for a 4th round pick and paying him chump change. We got McNabb for a 2nd and 3rd round pick and paying him big money. If McNabb goes out there tonight and has a similiar game as Campbell then who will be laughing???

Jason Campbell playing for the Raiders has nothing to do with the Redskins. We don't play them this year and if anything we should be cheering for Campbell to beat NFC teams so we can increase our chances of making the playoffs.

Don't laugh at the Raiders...they got Campbell for a 4th round pick and paying him chump change. We got McNabb for a 2nd and 3rd round pick and paying him big money. If McNabb goes out there tonight and has a similiar game as Campbell then who will be laughing???

Interesting that in one breath you say that this has nothing to do with the Redskins, but then turn around and want to compare essentially who got the better trade value in two trades that the Redskins were part of. So, if the latter is true, wouldn't watching how Jason Campbell performs be of interest to the team and the fan base, meaning it does have something to do with the Redskins?

I'm not a VIP or anything, but I'm glad this thread was posted in, "The Stadium", because it is Redskins related, and I almost never look in the general NFL forum. We have, "should we" threads in here on players from other teams constantly, as well as threads on college players around draft time. This thread is relevant to those who are only interested in the Skins, and therefore seems perfectly relevant in the Redskins specific forum.

I totally agree, whether you like him or dislike him, he was a major part of this organization for many years.

For people that watched the game, did his release look the same? How many steps did he normally take back before letting it loose? I would like to see if anyone saw any improvements.

JC's problem was that he didn't play in garbage time; that's when he scores all his TD's. Which is why I find it laughable that morons keep comparing his stats to McNabb's. There is a huge difference. McNabb scored his TD's against defenses that were playing hard and trying to win; Campbell scored his Td's against defenses that had basically already won and were trying to get through the rest of the game injury free. A little bit of a difference. If you look, 75% of Campbell's TD's last year came in garbage time.

I totally agree, whether you like him or dislike him, he was a major part of this organization for many years.

For people that watched the game, did his release look the same? How many steps did he normally take back before letting it loose? I would like to see if anyone saw any improvements.

I agree with them both. Pushing JASON CAMPBELL to the ATN after we have spent the last 5 years talking about him is ridiculous. This was his first game without a Skin uniform, and so it is relevant to all us fans.

We talk about players from other teams all the time. In fact, we talk about players who aren't even in the NFL all the time (NCAA fanboys know who you are).

Keep Campbell in here. At least until he isn't so fresh in all our minds.

Archived