Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Pre-Season OVER REACTION Thred

FunBunch7

The true test will come in a couple of weeks vs the Jets. Let's see what they look like for 3 qtrs or so and then a true gauge of what this team will look like Sept. 12th. Plus the Jets are potentially being looked as a SB contender and it will be nice to see what the Skins are going to look like against a team like that.

Rewatching the game this morning, some observations:

Joe Theismann is so far up the Redskins butt during this game they must of had to use the jaws of life to remove him from the stadium.

Laron Landry might end up being the biggest dissapointment of this season. He seems constantly out of place unless he's running straight upfield on a blitz or run support.

I hope our tackles are healthy all season because Stephon Heyer still scares the heck out of me. He plays high so bull rushers can push him on passing situations and he can't push anyone downfield during run plays unless he throws himself to the ground. AND he has poor footwork, one swim/spin move, LOOK OUT DONAVAN!

On that note, don't put too much into to Rex's box score, he still made some horrible throws a good team is going to make us pay for if he's on the field during the regular season.

McIntosh is thinking too much, his reaction to a lot of plays is slow, he's learning this defense a lot slower than Fletcher. But I'm confident he'll come along.

We should of traded Andre Carter, he is just not a 3-4 LB. Feel free to panic whenever he has to do anything but rush the quarterback.

so this is where we're SUPPOSED to over react? cool. we got the next devin hester, hall is the best corner in the league, riley is the second coming of ray lewis, we'll have 2 RBs go for 1500 yards this year, and most importantly.... championship.

We all know preseason means squat when it comes to regular season performance, so I'm not drinking the Kool-Aid just yet.

But what we DO know is those of us who have tickets can affect the outcome of the games by not selling them to opposing fans/Stubhub/online vendors, and if we can't use them, sell them to other Skins fans.

We need to make sure Dallas fans don't take over our house on September 12 as they did last season.

HTTR and We Want Dallas!

I saw a well coached team, disciplined and firey with heart! This is a different team, I dont care about wins or losses during pre season but a win is a win and this team needs to get used to the feeling of winning. They were losers, they were used to it and it became the culture!

I highly doubt we will have the same success vs the rat birds and the jets but as long as there is progress and they are fighting that is all that matters!

I'm glad they looked pretty good, better than looking terrible...but some folks need to get a grip, seriously! Hope they keep getting better and it comes together faster than expected and they fair well in the regular season..but don't get too hopped up on a pre-season game against the Bills. I see way too much Superbowl here we come stuff.

I will say I liked the energy and tenacity they had..there were some mistakes but they were ready. The Bills looked slow and disinterested in contrast. I'm actually a little more concerned about the D than the Offense. I saw some serious 3-4 mistakes that gave up big runs, etc.

I agree with an above poster, Rex had several should have been int's like ol Rex does but got away with it. and Stephon Heyer is a scrub. With that said I'm not worried about CP, Moss,McNabb Fletcher, Cooley etc. they are ready no doubt. Trent Williams looks like a Stud so far.

The true test will come in a couple of weeks vs the Jets. Let's see what they look like for 3 qtrs or so and then a true gauge of what this team will look like Sept. 12th. Plus the Jets are potentially being looked as a SB contender and it will be nice to see what the Skins are going to look like against a team like that.

True. True. Let''s see where this team is after the Jets game and at that point we should get a read on where exactly they are.

That's what I'm waiting for :point2sky

Go to defense play by play thread. Plenty of overreaction. NEGATIVE OVERREACTION!!

Amazing how people can only find negative it seems in a 42-17 win

Hey, I am really excited by what I saw, but I also saw some flaws against the running game that are kind of worrisome since that's supposed to be the strong point of a 3-4.

It's only the preseason, so people can freak out good or bad, but I saw lots of great stuff, some rust, and some negatives from last night.

• 9 months later...

Archived